• 29(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Hello Rob,

Great Addon!

I recognized, that when i start an blueray.iso file (in the Extras-Folder) using your app, the normal xbmc popup-window (where you can choose if the file is beeing played with blueray-menu) does not show up. How did you accomplish this behaviour?
(2014-04-25, 08:23)Cornucopia Wrote: I recognized, that when i start an blueray.iso file (in the Extras-Folder) using your app, the normal xbmc popup-window (where you can choose if the file is beeing played with blueray-menu) does not show up. How did you accomplish this behaviour?

Seems to be the default behaviour when you play the file using the python interface to the player. (Didn't do anything special)

Rob
(2014-04-20, 17:46)rob_webset Wrote: New Beta

Hi All,

I have constructed a new beta zip:

https://robwebset.googlecode.com/svn/rel...1.0.7b.zip

(For those of you that also use TvTunes, it is a bit similar to the 4.3.6 beta that I posted the other day)

It gives you the ability to "browse" your extras files. It is implemented as a plugin and can be accessed in the following ways:

1) Via the VideoExtras Settings screen "Database" -> "Browse Extras"
2) From the Programs Menu -> VideoExtras
3) Videos -> Addons -> VideoExtras

The plugin part (the bit just added) will start my showing you Movies/TV Shows/Music Videos menus, then the appropriate Movies/TV Shows/Music Videos that have extras, then selecting them will show the extras, which you can play by clicking on them.

There is one bug that I can just not resolve at the moment (tried several things, none of which have worked). And that is, if you have a partially played extra, (in confluence - and most probably other skins), and select it to play, then it will prompt you to play/resume - no matter what you click - it will resume.

I have posted the following for assistance - but no responses at the time of posting this beta:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192627

(If you know how to fit this - then please let me know - at the moment it will remain a known issue - it looks like an XBMC bug to me - as the VideoExtras addon did not ask for it to be displayed - and there seems to be no way for VideoExtras to calculate what the user clicked on!)

Please can a few people give it a try and see what you thing - but please remember - it is a beta!

Rob

Managed to work-around the "resume dialog" issue - also added the context menu support.

I have pushed the latest source to be published to the official repo.

Rob
I'm still trying to get this running on my OpenELEC 3.95.6 machine (Gotham).

I'd like to just use the default Confluence skin for now (as Aeon is a bit flaky so far in Gotham). However, when I try to make changes to the DialogVideoInfo.xml, I get the error below. Did a quick google search, but it's been so long since I've been in the Unix world, I'm not sure how to resolve this issue...

Code:
HTPC-FamilyRoom:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p # cp DialogVideoInfo.xml DialogVideoInfo.xml.old
cp: can't create 'DialogVideoInfo.xml.old': Read-only file system
HTPC-FamilyRoom:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p #

Thanks for the help!
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM
unRAID 6.0b12 | 6.3 TB of Storage
(2014-04-25, 20:46)jrhamilt Wrote: I'm still trying to get this running on my OpenELEC 3.95.6 machine (Gotham).

I'd like to just use the default Confluence skin for now (as Aeon is a bit flaky so far in Gotham). However, when I try to make changes to the DialogVideoInfo.xml, I get the error below. Did a quick google search, but it's been so long since I've been in the Unix world, I'm not sure how to resolve this issue...

Code:
HTPC-FamilyRoom:/usr/share/xbmc/addons/skin.confluence/720p # cp DialogVideoInfo.xml DialogVideoInfo.xml.old

Thanks for the help!

Looks pretty simple to me - you don't seem to have access to write to the drive from where you are trying to do the copy - this is pretty basic UNIX.

Don't take this the wrong way - but if you can't grasp the file system access rights - then I think it may be better that you just stick with basic XBMC - if you trip on this hurdle then I think you'll be falling at all the others as well.

Rob
(2014-04-25, 21:46)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-04-25, 20:46)jrhamilt Wrote: I'm still trying to get this running on my OpenELEC 3.95.6 machine (Gotham).

Code:

Thanks for the help!

Looks pretty simple to me - you don't seem to have access to write to the drive from where you are trying to do the copy - this is pretty basic UNIX.

Rob

Right, but I'm logged in as root (OpenELEC through SSH), and that's the only place the xml file can go - seems like the result is that I can't update the confluence skin for VideoExtras when using OpenELEC...

I guess I'm hoping for some other form of workaround, but it looks like "use a different skin" is the only way to go.
OpenELEC 5.0 (Helix) | Intel NUC D34010WYKH i3 Haswell | 64GB SanDisk SSD | 4 GB RAM

Code:

Thanks for the help!

Don't take this the wrong way - but if you can't grasp the file system access rights - then I think it may be better that you just stick with basic XBMC - if you trip on this hurdle then I think you'll be falling at all the others as well.

Rob

Most of the filesystem in openelec is read-only. Only /storage (which is root's home directory) is writable. You may be able to move the confluence skin into /storage/.xbmc/addons like any other skin?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-25, 22:56)nickr Wrote:

Code:

Thanks for the help!

Rob

Most of the filesystem in openelec is read-only. Only /storage (which is root's home directory) is writable. You may be able to move the confluence skin into /storage/.xbmc/addons like any other skin?

Thanks nickr! That's the piece of data I was looking for! Turns out, the recommendation from OpenELEC forums is to make a copy of the skin, then change the addon ID...

If anybody else is looking for how you might get VideoExtras working in OpenELEC on Confluence, here's the way to do it... It's a few posts down (post 6), but it should do the trick.

http://openelec.tv/forum/128-addons/5187...-in-a-skin
I love this addon, but I've got a slight issue that I can't seem to find anyone else has discussed.

I've followed the wiki instructions to install the addon, name my files appropriately, and add the extras exclusion. I'm using Confluence skin, so I've edited the DialogVideoInfo file in the directory as specified. it all seems to work fine, but then the Extras button itself is positioned up by the artwork, and can't be selected without using a mouse. Incidentally, when it is selected it works fine. I can't see what I've done wrong?

I don't know if it's related, but despite following the steps above the extras themselves are still listed in the "movies" section (it's incorrectly paired them with the Ricky Gervais programme) so I don't think the exclusion is working, but I've checked the xml file again and it's exactly as specified.

Here's a pic (you can see the button over Gosling's face):

(2014-05-01, 19:05)Murnau Wrote: I love this addon, but I've got a slight issue that I can't seem to find anyone else has discussed.

I've followed the wiki instructions to install the addon, name my files appropriately, and add the extras exclusion. I'm using Confluence skin, so I've edited the DialogVideoInfo file in the directory as specified. it all seems to work fine, but then the Extras button itself is positioned up by the artwork, and can't be selected without using a mouse. Incidentally, when it is selected it works fine. I can't see what I've done wrong?

I don't know if it's related, but despite following the steps above the extras themselves are still listed in the "movies" section (it's incorrectly paired them with the Ricky Gervais programme) so I don't think the exclusion is working, but I've checked the xml file again and it's exactly as specified.

Looks like you have added the button XML to the wrong place in the file - I think in the previous posts some-one has posted the DialogInfo - so you may be able to check it against that

Rob
(2014-05-01, 19:43)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 19:05)Murnau Wrote: I love this addon, but I've got a slight issue that I can't seem to find anyone else has discussed.

Looks like you have added the button XML to the wrong place in the file - I think in the previous posts some-one has posted the DialogInfo - so you may be able to check it against that

Rob

Yep, it was in the wrong place, thanks, much appreciated. I still can't work out the advancedsettings issue though. I've copied the xml exactly as it is in the wiki into the userdata file of XBMC and it's still insisting on trying to work out what video it is. When I manually deleted the extras video from the library the videos still play fine from within the extras menu, but I can't do this every time I update the library! So close to getting it perfect! I've tried it with Confluence modified as well, just to check, but it's still the same.
(2014-05-01, 20:03)Murnau Wrote:
(2014-05-01, 19:43)rob_webset Wrote:

Rob

Yep, it was in the wrong place, thanks, much appreciated. I still can't work out the advancedsettings issue though. I've copied the xml exactly as it is in the wiki into the userdata file of XBMC and it's still insisting on trying to work out what video it is. When I manually deleted the extras video from the library the videos still play fine from within the extras menu, but I can't do this every time I update the library! So close to getting it perfect! I've tried it with Confluence modified as well, just to check, but it's still the same.

Best bet is to clear the DB and re-scan everything.

XBMC will cache a lot of data.

Rob
Hi All,

Just to let you know I have just requested a publish of a new version (v1.1.1), changes include:

Code:
v1.1.1
- Fix bug with default name when accessing across file systems
- Fix small chance where "play all" will display Info screen
- Add Play All option to detailed list screen and plugin

As I understand it, there are no known issues on either Frodo or Gotham - please shout if you know of any.

Enjoy!

Rob
Thanks for the addon, but I just cannot get it to work. My folder structure is as follows - there is a folder for each movie, under which is the movie file and a subfolder called 'extras' containing the extras.

I have set the folder name in the settings to be 'extras' (lower case 'e'). My xbmc log is linked below. There are several references to the videoextras script but I don't see any attempt to scan the extras folder.

In addition - the 'Browse Extras' feature doesn't appear to do anything beyond rapidly highlight different addons in the menu. This behaviour can be seen in the log.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ij5f5scd6nkma2m/xbmc.log

Thanks,
Andrew.
@planetmarshall:

1) Did you set up your DialogVideoInfo.xml file properly and place it in the right location? If so, could you please post a link to it here?
2) Did VideoExtras work for you in Frodo?
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2