• 33(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
@bbqbob: I think I have a fix for the DialoVideoInfo file so extras could play again in Xperience 1080++. Basically the onload instructions and control statements were wrong. Please try the following file and place it in folder addons\skin.xperience1080plusplus\1080i, turn database and detailed extras list on and then restart XBMC.

DialogVideoInfo.xml (Modified for Xperience 1080++ in Gotham)

Obs: this isn't an ideal solution but at least will allow you to show the 'extras' button and get rid of the 'extras not found' pop-up. When you click on extras, the detailed extras list will now come up and you will actually be able to play the extras. However, if you click an extra that has the flag to resume, the skin will show you a 'resume from' and 'start from beginning' pop-up dialog that don't work (skin resource not compatible anymore in Gotham). Please call the contextual menu instead by pressing 'C' and that will work like a charm. All the option in this contextual menu will work but 'Mark as watched'.

If this works for you, could you please post it on the skin thread so others could use it. Thanks.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-05-16, 22:32)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-05-16, 21:17)bbqbob Wrote: Rob,
I don't know if the dialog is from videoExtras. I've only see it when viewing within the videoExtras browser. The title bar of the dialog says "Video Extras".
Bob

Please can you supply a copy of the dialog. And a log of you playing the extra (Please also post the name of the extra you play - will make it easier to find in the log)

Based on what you have posted on the TvTunes thread - I think this could be the same root cause.

Rob
I can't get this add-on to work at all. I posted a detailed report, but it's been deleted and I don't know why. I read the wiki and followed all the steps to the best of my ability.
@Pisomojado: I am sure you can realise your post doesn't provide any information on what is the issue, debug log (full), what steps have you taken setting up an configuring the add-on, what skin, XBMC version and OS are you using, etc...

We look forward to the above information so we can provide some guidance.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Ok, here it goes again:

I'm running Gotham 13.1 beta 2 on Windows 7. I followed the wiki for the VideoExtras addon through section 4.

I created subfolders for each of three movies. I named these folders "Extraz" (To avoid confusion with the "Extras" tv series, movie, etc). I amended the VideoExtras settings menu accordingly.

I located the advancedsettings.xml file and opened it with Wordpad, then copied and pasted the code from the wiki as instructed. I changed every instance of "Extras" to "Extraz".

I closed XBMC, then moved the three folders containing the three movies into the "Movies" folder. I restarted XBMC.

XBMC seemingly did not ignore the Extraz folders. All the clip files were scanned, assigned titles, and imported into my library the same as before. I'm not sure what was supposed to happen, but I didn't see any difference or improvement. Sad face.

Here is the contents of my advancedsettings.xml file. Please advise:

<advancedsettings>
<network>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<curlclienttimeout>45</curlclienttimeout>
</network>
<gui>
<algorithmdirtyregions>3</algorithmdirtyregions>
<nofliptimeout>0</nofliptimeout>
</gui>
<videoscanner>
<ignoreerrors>true</ignoreerrors>
</videoscanner>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>-extraz-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extraz/</regexp>
<regexp>/extraz/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]Extraz[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extraz[\\/]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludetvshowsfromscan>
<regexp>-extraz-</regexp>
<regexp>/Extraz/</regexp>
<regexp>/extraz/</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]Extraz[\\/]</regexp>
<regexp>[\\/]extraz[\\/]</regexp>
</excludetvshowsfromscan>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
@Pisomojado: could you please provide a full debug log (both XBMC and TvTunes debugging on) recreating the issue described above and specify the skin you are using.
Best,

capfuturo

You missed debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Rob,

Just to confirm it isn't a Gotham bug (post "Value for the 'studio' in custom ListItems not being read"), I found ONE skin that is working properly with regards to displaying the 'Extras - <video title>' line in Gotham! Is the skin Immersive from Sranshaft!

Best,

capfuturo

I haven't changed the skin at all. It's the default.

I recreated the failure, then found the Mashup log creator and clicked the button. I hope this helps:

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=211763
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=211764
(2014-05-27, 11:18)Pisomojado Wrote: I haven't changed the skin at all. It's the default.

I recreated the failure, then found the Mashup log creator and clicked the button. I hope this helps:

Your debug xbmc.log: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=211763
Your XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=211764

There is no VideoExtras logging in that log file:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...#Debugging

If you are using confluence skin and haven't chnaged anything - then you need to read the wiki:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:VideoExtras

Rob
I see. This add-on is for experts only. I'm afraid I don't have the luxury of an unknown stretch of hours nor the inclination to do all sorts of coding and changing skins and trying to comprehend a jargon-rich wiki which is less step-by-step guide for idiots like me and more pleasure reading for hackers on their day off. I should have backed off the moment the advanced settings file was mentioned. I mean no offense and understand this places me in the minority here.

I sincerely apologize for wasting your time with my ignorance. Happy trails.
(2014-05-28, 02:57)Pisomojado Wrote: I see. This add-on is for experts only. I'm afraid I don't have the luxury of an unknown stretch of hours nor the inclination to do all sorts of coding and changing skins and trying to comprehend a jargon-rich wiki which is less step-by-step guide for idiots like me and more pleasure reading for hackers on their day off. I should have backed off the moment the advanced settings file was mentioned. I mean no offense and understand this places me in the minority here.

Very rude. People here have tried to help you overcome your ignorance and you respond by lashing out at them. They could just as easily have told you that forum policy forbids the support of piracy addons like mashup. You say you mean no offense but I find you very offensive.Nod
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Just to let you know BigNoid has implemented full support for VideoExtras in his new Aeon Nox 5 (beta). I have tested it to work like a charm with only one small 'but': the watched flags (ticks) are not displayed. Thanks go to Lola Berwoots for reporting the news.
Best,

capfuturo

(2014-05-28, 02:57)Pisomojado Wrote: I see. This add-on is for experts only. I'm afraid I don't have the luxury of an unknown stretch of hours nor the inclination to do all sorts of coding and changing skins and trying to comprehend a jargon-rich wiki which is less step-by-step guide for idiots like me and more pleasure reading for hackers on their day off. I should have backed off the moment the advanced settings file was mentioned. I mean no offense and understand this places me in the minority here.

Yes there is work to do, but as you said that you "I haven't changed the skin at all. It's the default." you are using confluence which has support built in.

Yes there is work for you to do. Most of it is to do with naming your extras files properly, which is similar to the work you have to do on your regular media files to make your library scraping work at all.

And yeah, what wgstarks said! If you think the wiki needs to be worded better, well it is a wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I have requested that the VideoExtras addon is added to the default Confluence skin - will be interesting to see if it goes anywhere:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/4827
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2