• 42(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
I like uNi's graphics.

Of the two Listing ones I prefer (2) and it is consistent with the others.

Also on the logo I thought the word Addon needed centering below the other text, it looks a bit skewed off to the right at present.

Also worth asking, what licensing uNi?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I really didn't put much effort into the main icon worth noting and have no plans to have a logo battle either

nickr The addon text is right align on purpose, but can be easily tweaked, I have provided the sources with the icons, so if by some reason rob wants to see how its done or adjust something he can.

Licence... heck have at it gplv2 didnt think that was the most important thing on a couple of gfx and some nearly off the shelf icon.
(2014-08-23, 08:36)nickr Wrote: I like uNi's graphics.

Of the two Listing ones I prefer (2) and it is consistent with the others.

I agree. I actually like the existing addon icon, but I think it would be best if all of them matched.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Agree with nickr and wgstarks. uNiversal's icon #2 looks neat and the eye can easily identify it.

I like the current add-on icon too. If this needs to be changed in order to have icons and flags visually consistent, I would recommend removing the word 'add-on' since I can't find a good reason for it to be included in the design, besides breaking the design itself. Using a different background colour (the actual film roll is kind of lost in it) could be a good thing also since at the moment it looks a bit dull. The red background is a bit off the colours of Confluence and since this add-on's icon will show up most of the time on the information overlay during playback, it would be desirable to look more consistent with confluence in that aspect.

I believe it would be sensible to allow for a few days so people have a chance to see these posts and cooperate if they wanted. Later in the week I will post some screen shots showing the different flags proposed by users up to that time, so we all can see how they would actually look like and raise our voice on which one its fit for purpose; I will also show proposed new icons during the information overlay, so you can see what I mean.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hi Rob,

Would you be so kind in having a look at post #83 on Gade's Rapier skin? Seems there is a chance for adding plot/overview to the the play overlay: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1782370

Thanks!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-08-29, 15:38)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Rob,

Would you be so kind in having a look at post #83 on Gade's Rapier skin? Seems there is a chance for adding plot/overview to the the play overlay: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1782370

Thanks!

Like this? Big Grin

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=487

Hope it works!

Rob
(2014-08-29, 16:05)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-08-29, 15:38)capfuturo Wrote: Hi Rob,

Thanks!

Like this? Big Grin

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=487

Hope it works!

Rob
What can be said? Brilliant! It works! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1783720 I hope other skins different than Rapier support displaying the label's content too.

This is getting nicer every week. Thanks Rob, Jav

Best,

capfuturo

Thanks for moving so fast! You guys rock! Big Grin
(2014-08-20, 17:41)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-08-20, 17:30)pagali Wrote: ^How about a couple to match Aeon Nox 4.1.9.9. ? For a while I saw a small red video camera appearing in the upper right corner... I liked that a lot better than the big white E. Then it was gone. AN has a diagonal 'watched' bar that overlaps the current E... not really attractive together. The red camera fit perfectly in the corner space left on posters.

Skinners can overwrite the image files used for extras in their own skins:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...rs_Only.29

Quote:There is a default image that is used to represent the existance of Video Extras, but this can be overridden by the skin by putting a file called "videoextras_overlay.png" in the skins "media" directory.

VideoExtras will only supply images for Confluence - I guess.

Rob

My apologies if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to figure out how to have the red flag appear on the top right corner of every movie that has extras and can't make it work. I'm using the Aeon MQ5 skin in wall view, I have the VideoExtras add-on configured with the recommended settings (each movie in its own folder with an "extras" subfolder), and have copied the videoextras_overlay.png in path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\media

Then I'm rescanning my library and although I have the expected functionality of the add-on (the extras are accessible from within the movie information menu), I don't see the "red flag" extras icon on the movie thumbnail in any view. Can you please tell me what I'm missing here guys? Do I have to use Confluence for this to work?
Hello!

I have been working on more detailed overlays that will look good even when small. I wanted to have a camera that wouldn't look like Mickey Mouse, if you know what I mean! Do you like any of these? I can add things or change what you think should look better if you picked a set to work on. I also include some coloured overlays for those who wished to have them in their individual set-ups.

Overlays:

watch gallery
I like the camera icons, but I don't really understand the background image. A Stanley Kubrick mailbox, or a chair? I don't know, doesn't make graphical sense to me.
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
(2014-08-31, 19:13)thrak76 Wrote: I like the camera icons, but I don't really understand the background image. A Stanley Kubrick mailbox, or a chair? I don't know, doesn't make graphical sense to me.
Thanks thrak76, great that you like the camera overlays. The icon shows Kubrick's director's chair. I can work on other background images of course, any ideas? What I see as important is to have the main flag overlay appearing in the add-on's icon so they both correlate and people can identify the camera overlay with the Video Extras add-on easily when browsing their movies. Tangata.
(2014-08-31, 18:40)cutter Wrote: My apologies if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to figure out how to have the red flag appear on the top right corner of every movie that has extras and can't make it work. I'm using the Aeon MQ5 skin in wall view, I have the VideoExtras add-on configured with the recommended settings (each movie in its own folder with an "extras" subfolder), and have copied the videoextras_overlay.png in path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\media

Then I'm rescanning my library and although I have the expected functionality of the add-on (the extras are accessible from within the movie information menu), I don't see the "red flag" extras icon on the movie thumbnail in any view. Can you please tell me what I'm missing here guys? Do I have to use Confluence for this to work?

Hi cutter,

You'll nedd to ensure "Allow caching of extras on startup" is on in the settings and then restart XBMC.

Rob
(2014-08-31, 21:47)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-08-31, 18:40)cutter Wrote: My apologies if I'm missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to figure out how to have the red flag appear on the top right corner of every movie that has extras and can't make it work. I'm using the Aeon MQ5 skin in wall view, I have the VideoExtras add-on configured with the recommended settings (each movie in its own folder with an "extras" subfolder), and have copied the videoextras_overlay.png in path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\media

Hi cutter,

You'll nedd to ensure "Allow caching of extras on startup" is on in the settings and then restart XBMC.

Rob

... also you may want to check MarcosQui has built support for VideoExtras overlay flags in his MQ5 skin. It may still be due for implementation? The red flags you saw on an earlier post are for Aeon Nox 4.1.9.x as I can read, which Warlion implemented.
(2014-08-31, 21:47)rob_webset Wrote:

Hi cutter,

Rob

Hi Rob, thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately "Allow caching of extras on startup" is already enabled. I did another rescan and double checked that the videoextras_overlay.png file is in in path C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\media. Unless there are other things I also have to configure that I'm not aware of, I suppose that Aeon MQ5 does not support this functionality. If anyone finds a solution, please feel free to post!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2