• 43(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
Quick question: I have the default installation of the last stable build and added the plugin as described on the wiki page, all steps confirmed and verified. All works but for some reasons my local trailers that I named movie-trailer.<ext> show now up as duplicated movie entries in the db.

Specifically when I put the advancedsettings.xml in place as described on the wiki, the scanner suddenly does not recognise any more that those are trails and should be treated as such. Without that file in place all works fine but then I do have the Extras showing up in the collection as a movie and not as an extra.

Any idea what I could do to get this fixed. I am sure that I am missing something, question is what.

Thanks a lot in advance
(2014-09-04, 13:21)ClueLessNoob Wrote: Quick question: I have the default installation of the last stable build and added the plugin as described on the wiki page, all steps confirmed and verified. All works but for some reasons my local trailers that I named movie-trailer.<ext> show now up as duplicated movie entries in the db.

Specifically when I put the advancedsettings.xml in place as described on the wiki, the scanner suddenly does not recognise any more that those are trails and should be treated as such. Without that file in place all works fine but then I do have the Extras showing up in the collection as a movie and not as an extra.

Any idea what I could do to get this fixed. I am sure that I am missing something, question is what.

Thanks a lot in advance

The entries for advancedsettings.xml should only "exclude" things in extras directories and with extras in their names. (The advancedsettings detailed on the wiki that is) - it shouldn't impact anything else. (Where are all your files stored)

By Latest stable I guess you mean 13.2

Rob
Yes that's correct 13.2. I thought the same that anything else should not be impacted but it is. I wiped the installation and the user directory twice to recreate it and both times the same result. My files are on an smb (password protected) share, served by an ubuntu server. The file structure on the server is:

<mnt>\<mnt-movies>\<movie-name.year>\files (and for the extras I have an Extra folder in that directory)

I don't mind using a newer version if you guys think that's the issue. Which one would you recommend?
(2014-09-04, 14:16)ClueLessNoob Wrote: Yes that's correct 13.2. I thought the same that anything else should not be impacted but it is. I wiped the installation and the user directory twice to recreate it and both times the same result. My files are on an smb (password protected) share, served by an ubuntu server. The file structure on the server is:

<mnt>\<mnt-movies>\<movie-name.year>\files (and for the extras I have an Extra folder in that directory)

I don't mind using a newer version if you guys think that's the issue. Which one would you recommend?

You are on the version that I would recommend. Big Grin (Is it Confluence as well?)

If you leave you advancedsettings.xml file as it is, and remove (uninstall) the VideoExtras ad-on, do the trailers play then?

Rob
Took a while but just retested without installing videoextras, brand new 13.2 and Confluence and same bug. As soon as I put the advancedsettings.xml in place local trailers are added as movies instead of trailers Sad Where do I report the bug?
(2014-09-04, 15:04)ClueLessNoob Wrote: Took a while but just retested without installing videoextras, brand new 13.2 and Confluence and same bug. As soon as I put the advancedsettings.xml in place local trailers are added as movies instead of trailers Sad Where do I report the bug?

Maybe post a copy of your entire advancedsetting.xml, then someone with more knowledge of me may be able to check it! :-)

Rob
(2014-09-04, 15:04)ClueLessNoob Wrote: Took a while but just retested without installing videoextras, brand new 13.2 and Confluence and same bug. As soon as I put the advancedsettings.xml in place local trailers are added as movies instead of trailers Sad Where do I report the bug?

This is quite intriguing, however to by-pass this issue add to the advancedsettings.xml file the following regexp under both <excludefromscan> and <excludetvshowsfromscan>:

<regexp>-trailer</regexp>

We had this regexp initially but with time things got simplified with the aim of trimming anything that was redundant or unnecessary. Tell us if it works please and if it does then perhaps XBMC has got a bug leaving trailers out when scanning in the presence of an advancedsettings.xml and files are located in a share (mines are in local sources DAS and never had XBMC naturally excluding the trailers during scan in combination of an advancedsettings.xml), or perhaps it is by design and one must add everything supposed to be regexped in the advancedsettings.xml, which would suggest this advanced settings override XBMC's default regexps with your type of setup.

Jav
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
This is really just a guess but I think what's happened is that when you set excludefromscan for extras in the advancedsettings.xml file it overrides the default which is for trailers and samples. You would also need to include the regexp for them as shown in the wiki.

If you can't get it to work let me know. My setup is very similar to yours. I can post a copy of my advanced settings that you could look at if you need it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203643

has the solution, thanks a lot
(2014-09-04, 16:24)ClueLessNoob Wrote: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=203643

has the solution, thanks a lot

Thanks for the confirmation - I have updated the wiki

Rob
Bravo!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
I apologize for my need to ask for help as I'm sure the answer lies somewhere in the Wiki, but I seem to be having some issues setting this up properly.

I'm running XBMC 13.1 Gotham with Aeon Nox 5.1.5 if that helps at all. I have a video extra from the Firefly bluray that I'm attempting to have added in through this awesome addon.

- The addon is installed
- I've created the advancedsettings.xml file as explained in the Wiki
- My TV shows are setup like the following:
......[TV Shows]
............[Firefly]
..................[Extras]
........................Making of Firefly.mkv
..................Firefly S01E01.mkv
..................Firefly S01E02.mkv
..................etc.

It sounds like Aeon Nox 5 has the proper hooks, so my understanding is that I don't need to do any further xml modifications, correct? I believe I left all the addon settings as default. However, I can't seem to find any way to bring up the "Making of" video from within the TV shows section of XBMC. If I enter into the VideoExtras addon itself, I can twirl down to the file, but selecting it won't actually offer the ability to play the file - it just brings up the info window on the file with the options "browse," "cast," and "Choose art." Instead, I have to "right-click" and select "Start from beginning" to get the file to play.

Is there a way within the Nox skin to make the "making of" video show up somewhere in the "TV Shows" section of XBMC? Right now when I select Firefly from the TV shows list, it just jumps to an episode list which doesn't contain the "making of" extra. I was hoping to have the extras better connected to the TV show as a whole.

Any help is appreciated and again my apologies for not understanding the Wiki!
Hi Magic815,

The Extras list should be available from the Video Information Page for the given TV Show.

If navigating via the Videos->Add-on section, you'll most probably want to make sure that Settings->Videos->File Lists->"Default select action" is set to "play"

Please let us know how you get on

Rob
Hi Rob -

So my "Default select action" is set to "Information Window" because I like have the plot/cast information come up when I hit play on a movie or TV episode. Does it have to be set to "play" for the addon to work? However, this extra I'm trying to add is not specific to any particular Firefly episode - but rather it just needs to be linked to the Firefly show as a whole.

So what I'm doing is: Start XBMC -> TV Shows -> Firefly -> right click on Firefly and choose "TV Show Information"

This brings up what I believe you're calling the "Video Information Page." On this page, I see "Browse," "Cast," "Choose Art," a Refresh Symbol and a Plus Sign. Hitting the Plus Sign, I can choose VideoExtras, but then it says "No Extras found."

Is there a way to have an "Extras" button be within the above listing of buttons on the TV shows info page? And a way to have it successfully take me to the Extras I have inside the Firefly folder on my harddrive? Or is the addon not able to do that?

I appreciate your help!

EDIT:

So I think I figured out part of the issue. If I go into Firefly, and then select a specific episode (it can be any of them), and then hit the plus sign and then VideoExtras, I'm able to get the "Making Of" video to show up and I can play it. So I think my questions now become:

- For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?
- Is there a way to have there be an "Extras" button always visible instead of having to go to the plus sign and selecting VideoExtras? (I'm specifically using Aeon Nox 5.1.5, if this is skin related.)
(2014-09-18, 15:03)Magic815 Wrote: - For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?

It should work from the TV Show info page (That's where I always call mine up from!) Maybe try 2 things:
1) Does it work in confluence?
2) Can you generate a debug log (Please remember to enable logging in VideoExtras as well)

(2014-09-18, 15:03)Magic815 Wrote: - Is there a way to have there be an "Extras" button always visible instead of having to go to the plus sign and selecting VideoExtras? (I'm specifically using Aeon Nox 5.1.5, if this is skin related.)

This is a question for Aeon Nox I guess.

Rob
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2