• 44(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
I notice that the extras folder is at the same level as all your episodes. This is just a guess really, but you might try putting the episodes in a folder (Season 01, Season 02, etc) so that the episodes are one level below the Extras folder. That's the way I have my TV extras setup. Also allows me to have extras that only appear for single seasons. As I said, just a guess.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-18, 15:17)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 15:03)Magic815 Wrote: - For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?

It should work from the TV Show info page (That's where I always call mine up from!) Maybe try 2 things:
1) Does it work in confluence?
2) Can you generate a debug log (Please remember to enable logging in VideoExtras as well)

Rob
Thought could be helpful to mention:
Aeon Nox 5 has issues with TvTunes and VideoExtras when in TV Shows only, at either all seasons' level or individual seasons' level only (episode level works fine, as you noticed). Their current versions aren't 100% supported by the skin. Issues related namely to:

1) When calling extra add-ons via + sign, any theme playing via TvTunes stops when the contextual menu pops-up. This pop-up is the one you use for selecting TvTunes, VideoExtras or any other add-on, with the purpose of reducing cluttering in the main Info screen. This sudden break suggests calling + somehow stops the mentioned scripts running. For instance, if TvTunes is playing a theme you should be able to listen to it playing even when browsing the detailed extras list of VideoExtras, and this simply isn't happening; VideoExtras not being able to present the extras videos seems to be an effect of lack of support in the skin, and you may want to track down possible reasons in Aeon Nox 5's use of custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml

2) TvTunes scraper will however work if it is selected; you will be able to fetch themes, however VideoExtras will show no extras, which is the issue you are experiencing, Magic815. You can see it works perfectly in other skins, and under 'movies' section in Aeon 5 itself, which again suggests this is a skin-related issue.

Recommendation: seek for assistance in Aeon 5 forum. Perhaps these 2 standing issues could be ironed by BigNoid.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(2014-09-18, 15:17)rob_webset Wrote:
(2014-09-18, 15:03)Magic815 Wrote: - For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?

It should work from the TV Show info page (That's where I always call mine up from!) Maybe try 2 things:
1) Does it work in confluence?
2) Can you generate a debug log (Please remember to enable logging in VideoExtras as well)

(2014-09-18, 15:03)Magic815 Wrote: - Is there a way to have there be an "Extras" button always visible instead of having to go to the plus sign and selecting VideoExtras? (I'm specifically using Aeon Nox 5.1.5, if this is skin related.)

This is a question for Aeon Nox I guess.

Rob

Rob -

I ran it with Confluence, but it still doesn't have an Extras button on the info pages (and this time, it doesn't even show up on the specific episode info page either). I ran debugging. What's the best way to post the entire log file? I'm new at this, haha. Looking at the file, though, I think this is the part that might be helpful:

Quote:21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: tvshows detected: Firefly = E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Finding extras for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Root directory: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: found file: Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.mkv
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: ExtrasItem: Database not enabled
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: Extras found for (16) Firefly

And this is what that log looks like when I run it in Aeon Nox:

Quote:22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: tvshows detected: Firefly = E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Finding extras for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Root directory: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: found file: Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.mkv
22:10:52 T:4452 DEBUG: Library Data Provider: service version 0.0.5 started
22:10:52 T:4452 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 0 ms for 26 items query: select * from movieview WHERE ((movieview.playCount IS NULL OR movieview.playCount < 1))
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: ExtrasItem: Database not enabled
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: Extras found for (16) Firefly

Just let me know if you need the full log files and how I can best post them. Thanks!
Hi Magic815,

It looks like VideoExtras is finding the extras file, so as capfuturo highlighted - it looks like a skin problem. (For Confluence you will have to edit the skin in order to get VideoExtras to show anything).

It may be best for you to post this on the Skin's forum thread.

Thanks

Rob
(2014-09-19, 06:43)rob_webset Wrote: Hi Magic815,

It looks like VideoExtras is finding the extras file, so as capfuturo highlighted - it looks like a skin problem. (For Confluence you will have to edit the skin in order to get VideoExtras to show anything).

It may be best for you to post this on the Skin's forum thread.

Thanks

Rob

Rob - Yea, I'm thinking this is mainly a skin issue and have posted in their thread and hope to get some responses.

However, I did notice one other thing and I'm not sure if it's a skin issue as well.

If I go into TV Shows > Right click on Firefly > Select TV Show Information > Cursor over to the plus sign > Select VideoExtras
then it says "No Extras Found."

But if I go into Videos > Files > TV Shows > Right click on Firefly > Select TV Show Information > Cursor over to the plus sign > Select VideoExtras
the extras are listed and can be played.

As far as you can tell, is that a skin issue?
Yes, I think that will also be a skin issue - it does seem to work OK when I try it in confluence.
(2014-09-19, 07:00)rob_webset Wrote: Yes, I think that will also be a skin issue - it does seem to work OK when I try it in confluence.

Hey Rob,

I've gotten in touch with BigNoid over on his thread for Aeon Nox, and after looking at the debug logs in full, it does seem like an error might be getting thrown from videoextras (although I still don't know if something about the Aeon Nox skin is causing this error to occur).

Debug logs are here:
This one is when I try the Firefly > Hit "i" > Plus Sign > VideoExtras (No extras are found): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=300324

This one is when I try Firefly > Specific Episode > Hit "i" > Plus Sign > VideoExtras (Extras are found): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=300326

Please let me know if you see anything interesting in those log files. And here is the link to the Aeon Nox thread I've been posting in: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1799149
(2014-09-22, 14:42)Magic815 Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 07:00)rob_webset Wrote: Yes, I think that will also be a skin issue - it does seem to work OK when I try it in confluence.

Hey Rob,

I've gotten in touch with BigNoid over on his thread for Aeon Nox, and after looking at the debug logs in full, it does seem like an error might be getting thrown from videoextras (although I still don't know if something about the Aeon Nox skin is causing this error to occur).

Debug logs are here:
This one is when I try the Firefly > Hit "i" > Plus Sign > VideoExtras (No extras are found): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=300324

This one is when I try Firefly > Specific Episode > Hit "i" > Plus Sign > VideoExtras (Extras are found): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=300326

Please let me know if you see anything interesting in those log files. And here is the link to the Aeon Nox thread I've been posting in: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1799149

Thanks for the details - it looks like there is an error in the skin, in that it is calling VideoExtras without a valid last argument:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ifications

It appears we are being called with an empty string as the last argument, so it just isn't possible to work out what you want extras for.

i.e. "$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]" is not being set before VideoExtras is being called.

Hope this helps

Rob
Hi All,

I've just added the option to be able to set the plot for an extra via the context menu on the listing screens.

https://code.google.com/p/robwebset/source/detail?r=504

It just uses the keyboard function in XBMC so the length etc will be restricted by the keyboard support via python in XBMC. (Doesn't seem to like very long strings)

I guess this will only show up on custom skins if they are updated to add in this support - the confluence and default skins should show it.

Rob
Hey Rob!

So BigNoid over on the Aeon Nox forums got back to me regarding the issue with extras showing up on TV shows.

He wrote the following:
Quote:Now it makes sense. FilenameAndPath is always empty for tvshows. They need to adjust their wiki to add this code:
Code:
<onclick condition="!Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onclick>
<onclick condition="Container.Content(tvshows)">RunScript(script.videoextras,display,"$INFO[ListItem.Path]")</onclick>

Will push a fix to git shortly.

Sounds like he'll be able to fix the Aeon Nox code to fix the "no extras found" issue. Does it make sense to add the above info into your wiki?

Also, would you be able to provide any further information on the necessary skin change to get the 'Extras' button to fully show up in the skin by default on the information pages? I'm reading the wiki, but I'm still a little confused. In section 10.3 it mentions that modifications need to made to the "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file, but the Aeon Nox 5 listing on the table in section 10.1 mentions the "custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml" file.

Do I just need to make the specified changes to the top and bottom of the file (per section 10.3 of the wiki) in the "custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml" file?

Thanks again for all the help!
I did some more digging: filenameandpath is not empty for tvshows. It returns the full path. So example: filenameandpath returns smb://ipadres/series/24 and path returns smb://ipadres/series. In the first case the script finds nothing. In the second case it finds the extras.

EDIT: more digging Smile

If the script is started from within dialogvideoinfo it works fine with filenameandpath. I'm running it from a custom window where filenameandpath is empty and path returns smb://ipadres/series/24.
So thats more a core issue then script or skin.
Hi Magic815

The wiki is the correct code for confluence - (As it works in confluence).

Anything different I guess will be skin specific - but as long as you have it working for you that is all that matters really!

The other issue about the button is 100% skin related, so will need to be addressed on the skin forum I think.

Thanks

Rob
(2014-09-24, 19:35)Magic815 Wrote: Also, would you be able to provide any further information on the necessary skin change to get the 'Extras' button to fully show up in the skin by default on the information pages? I'm reading the wiki, but I'm still a little confused. In section 10.3 it mentions that modifications need to made to the "DialogVideoInfo.xml" file, but the Aeon Nox 5 listing on the table in section 10.1 mentions the "custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml" file.

Do I just need to make the specified changes to the top and bottom of the file (per section 10.3 of the wiki) in the "custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml" file?

Thanks again for all the help!
Magic815, VideoExtras wiki is correct because Aeon Nox 5 uses the + menu to bring up additional add-ons. It is then this new 'custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml' which takes care of receiving the instructions for VideoExtras. Now, what you want is to modified the skin so you can use these add-ons in the Info panel instead, like it has been done in previous iterations of the skin, or like it is done in default Confluence. And which is the file the wiki says you use to modified the Info panel? You use the default DialogVideoInfo.xml, got it?

If you want something like the Info panel shown below, you can use the DialogVideoInfo.xml I have modified for Aeon Nox 5:

Hope this helps you.

Jav

PS: On a sideline, I congratulate you for your perseverance in trying to find a fix for these issues in Aeon Nox 5.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
@capfuturo- This is great. Thanks for sharing it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-27, 13:49)wgstarks Wrote: @capfuturo- This is great. Thanks for sharing it.
;-)
Best,

capfuturo

• 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2