Release - VideoExtras Addon

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
wgstarks Offline
Posting Freak
I notice that the extras folder is at the same level as all your episodes. This is just a guess really, but you might try putting the episodes in a folder (Season 01, Season 02, etc) so that the episodes are one level below the Extras folder. That's the way I have my TV extras setup. Also allows me to have extras that only appear for single seasons. As I said, just a guess.

[Image: all-thin-banner.jpg]
MacMini5,2 HTPC (Gotham 13.2/Aeon Nox Redux 5.1.4/MacOSX 10.8.5)/Onkyo TXNR609/Panny65VT30
find quote
capfuturo Offline
Fan
(2014-09-18 15:17)rob_webset Wrote:  
(2014-09-18 15:03)Magic815 Wrote:  - For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?

It should work from the TV Show info page (That's where I always call mine up from!) Maybe try 2 things:
1) Does it work in confluence?
2) Can you generate a debug log (Please remember to enable logging in VideoExtras as well)

Rob
Thought could be helpful to mention:
Aeon Nox 5 has issues with TvTunes and VideoExtras when in TV Shows only, at either all seasons' level or individual seasons' level only (episode level works fine, as you noticed). Their current versions aren't 100% supported by the skin. Issues related namely to:

1) When calling extra add-ons via + sign, any theme playing via TvTunes stops when the contextual menu pops-up. This pop-up is the one you use for selecting TvTunes, VideoExtras or any other add-on, with the purpose of reducing cluttering in the main Info screen. This sudden break suggests calling + somehow stops the mentioned scripts running. For instance, if TvTunes is playing a theme you should be able to listen to it playing even when browsing the detailed extras list of VideoExtras, and this simply isn't happening; VideoExtras not being able to present the extras videos seems to be an effect of lack of support in the skin, and you may want to track down possible reasons in Aeon Nox 5's use of custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml

2) TvTunes scraper will however work if it is selected; you will be able to fetch themes, however VideoExtras will show no extras, which is the issue you are experiencing, Magic815. You can see it works perfectly in other skins, and under 'movies' section in Aeon 5 itself, which again suggests this is a skin-related issue.

Recommendation: seek for assistance in Aeon 5 forum. Perhaps these 2 standing issues could be ironed by BigNoid.

Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-18 23:56 by capfuturo.)
find quote
Magic815 Offline
(2014-09-18 15:17)rob_webset Wrote:  
(2014-09-18 15:03)Magic815 Wrote:  - For TV shows, is this the expected behavior? Or is there a way to get the extras to play from the main TV show info page (and not just on the episode specific info pages)?

It should work from the TV Show info page (That's where I always call mine up from!) Maybe try 2 things:
1) Does it work in confluence?
2) Can you generate a debug log (Please remember to enable logging in VideoExtras as well)

(2014-09-18 15:03)Magic815 Wrote:  - Is there a way to have there be an "Extras" button always visible instead of having to go to the plus sign and selecting VideoExtras? (I'm specifically using Aeon Nox 5.1.5, if this is skin related.)

This is a question for Aeon Nox I guess.

Rob

Rob -

I ran it with Confluence, but it still doesn't have an Extras button on the info pages (and this time, it doesn't even show up on the specific episode info page either). I ran debugging. What's the best way to post the entire log file? I'm new at this, haha. Looking at the file, though, I think this is the part that might be helpful:

Quote:21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: tvshows detected: Firefly = E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Finding extras for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Root directory: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: found file: Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.mkv
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: ExtrasItem: Database not enabled
21:56:39 T:4596 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: Extras found for (16) Firefly

And this is what that log looks like when I run it in Aeon Nox:

Quote:22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: tvshows detected: Firefly = E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Finding extras for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasBase: Root directory: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\videoextras.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: Checking existence for E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasFinder: found file: Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.mkv
22:10:52 T:4452 DEBUG: Library Data Provider: service version 0.0.5 started
22:10:52 T:4452 DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 0 ms for 26 items query: select * from movieview WHERE ((movieview.playCount IS NULL OR movieview.playCount < 1))
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: Searching for NFO file: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: BaseExtrasItem: No NFO file found: E:\_TV Shows_\Firefly\Extras\Here's How It Was - The Making of Firefly.nfo
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: ExtrasItem: Database not enabled
22:10:52 T:4708 DEBUG: script.videoextras: VideoExtrasService: Extras found for (16) Firefly

Just let me know if you need the full log files and how I can best post them. Thanks!
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Hi Magic815,

It looks like VideoExtras is finding the extras file, so as capfuturo highlighted - it looks like a skin problem. (For Confluence you will have to edit the skin in order to get VideoExtras to show anything).

It may be best for you to post this on the Skin's forum thread.

Thanks

Rob
find quote
Magic815 Offline
(2014-09-19 06:43)rob_webset Wrote:  Hi Magic815,

It looks like VideoExtras is finding the extras file, so as capfuturo highlighted - it looks like a skin problem. (For Confluence you will have to edit the skin in order to get VideoExtras to show anything).

It may be best for you to post this on the Skin's forum thread.

Thanks

Rob

Rob - Yea, I'm thinking this is mainly a skin issue and have posted in their thread and hope to get some responses.

However, I did notice one other thing and I'm not sure if it's a skin issue as well.

If I go into TV Shows > Right click on Firefly > Select TV Show Information > Cursor over to the plus sign > Select VideoExtras
then it says "No Extras Found."

But if I go into Videos > Files > TV Shows > Right click on Firefly > Select TV Show Information > Cursor over to the plus sign > Select VideoExtras
the extras are listed and can be played.

As far as you can tell, is that a skin issue?
find quote
rob_webset Offline
Fan
Yes, I think that will also be a skin issue - it does seem to work OK when I try it in confluence.
find quote