• 45(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
@capfuturo - you are awesome! It works great!

I took your .xml and made some small modications. (I commented out the TvTunes button as I don't mind going through the plus sign to get to that) and I changed the VideoExtras label to just "Extras". So exactly what I was looking for!

Just because it's fun to see what's possible, would there be any way to check if extras exist and use that to determine if the "Extras" button should appear? So (in my case) with Firefly, the "Extras" button appears on the information window because extras exist with that TV show. But if I have another TV Show with no extras attached to it, I'd then like the "Extras" button to not be visible. Right now, the "Extras" button is visible regardless of if extras exist or not.

It's just a small nitpick, but I didn't know if doing that was possible!
(2014-09-27, 17:37)Magic815 Wrote: @capfuturo - you are awesome! It works great!

I took your .xml and made some small modications. (I commented out the TvTunes button as I don't mind going through the plus sign to get to that) and I changed the VideoExtras label to just "Extras". So exactly what I was looking for!

Just because it's fun to see what's possible, would there be any way to check if extras exist and use that to determine if the "Extras" button should appear? So (in my case) with Firefly, the "Extras" button appears on the information window because extras exist with that TV show. But if I have another TV Show with no extras attached to it, I'd then like the "Extras" button to not be visible. Right now, the "Extras" button is visible regardless of if extras exist or not.

It's just a small nitpick, but I didn'tp know if doing that was possible!
In the addon settings make sure that Force Extras Button is turned off. If it's turned on you will always have an extras button. Off=button only displayed if extras are detected.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2014-09-27, 18:46)wgstarks Wrote:
(2014-09-27, 17:37)Magic815 Wrote: @capfuturo - you are awesome! It works great!

It's just a small nitpick, but I didn'tp know if doing that was possible!
In the addon settings make sure that Force Extras Button is turned off. If it's turned on you will always have an extras button. Off=button only displayed if extras are detected.

Actually I just checked mine and it looks like that has gotten broken. The Extras button is being displayed all the time.Huh
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
@wgstarks @Magic815: you made me realised that:

1) I had not included at the header the onload instruction to check. Could you please go back to post #685 and download same DialogVideoInfo.xml, which I have updated with this, plus a few extra cosmetics for the button views uniformity under all containers (movies, tv shows and music videos). Magic815: you just have to comment out again TvTunes control instructions if you don't need it on the Info screen; if you want a custom name to show for the add-on title just replace the label content in line #893 (<label>$INFO[System.AddonTitle(script.videoextras)]</label>) with the name you want.

2) This is something BigNoid could add to the xml: Aeon Nox 5 has not included an onload check for the existence of extras at the header of the custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml so, after pressing + to bring the pop-up window with extra add-ons, if extra videos are actually not present, VideoExtras button will; still show. To fix this just add at the header of custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml right below <defaultcontrol always="true">90200</defaultcontrol> and before <coordinates>, the following onload instruction:

Code:
<onload condition="System.HasAddon(script.videoextras)">RunScript(script.videoextras,check,"$INFO[ListItem.FilenameAndPath]")</onload>

Hope this works now.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
@capfuturo-
Have to say this looks great for Movies. Thanks for your time. I know this is a little off topic but I notice that there is no TVTunes button for Tv Shows. Just wanted to make sure that none of your changes would have effected that. No telling how long it was missing before I noticed it.
@wgstarks: I have the TvTunes button for TV Shows. The only place where you will not find it is under individual episodes, which is TvTunes default behaviour.

Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
You are a fountain of information.Big Grin Exactly right, I must have been selecting an episode and then opening the info (i) window. It's there when I select a show.
Glad to be of help!
Best,

capfuturo

Hey fellas,
I'm feeling a bit silly but I can't seem to make it work.

I placed the "Extras" folder in the same TV Series folder as all the seasons for the specific show. Yet, when I browse that TV Show in XBMC, only the Seasons appear, but no sign of the Extras folder.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm using the latest version of Aeon Nox
(2014-10-20, 09:52)zurdyo Wrote: Hey fellas,
I'm feeling a bit silly but I can't seem to make it work.

I placed the "Extras" folder in the same TV Series folder as all the seasons for the specific show. Yet, when I browse that TV Show in XBMC, only the Seasons appear, but no sign of the Extras folder.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!

P.S. I'm using the latest version of Aeon Nox

Have you updated the skin as per the wiki? - It should be available from the "info" dialog

Rob
Hey Rob,
thanks for getting back to me so fast!

You mean the custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml modification for Aeon Nox 5? I was actually wondering where I should add the 204 lines of code in GitHub to my existing DialogVideoInfo.xml file.
(2014-10-20, 10:42)zurdyo Wrote: Hey Rob,
thanks for getting back to me so fast!

You mean the custom_1119_ExtrasDialog.xml modification for Aeon Nox 5? I was actually wondering where I should add the 204 lines of code in GitHub to my existing DialogVideoInfo.xml file.

I think Aeon Nox 5 might already have it built in out of the box - so just check the info screen and see if it is there.

(I think some other people on the forum use it - so may be able to assist you with finding the option - I don't use it)
Aeon Nox 5 definately includes support for VideoExtras straight out of the box. Just click the "+" button in the video info window. I'm fairly sure that the latest version of 4.1.9 Gotham also includes support for VideoExtras but I haven't used that skin in a while so I could be remembering wrong.
Sadly I can't enable EXTRAS showing on a TV Show info screen when that tv show is on multiple discs (for ex: season 1 2 3 on HDD-A and Season 4 on HDD B).

Tried some workarounds and nope.

Sadly.

The only thing I can do is make EXTRAS show on the most recent season added (normally the latest HDD purchased).

Any workaround?

This has to do with the very known bug multipath i hope gets addressed on helix

ALSO:

When I try and go with the Remote Location option, it only allows me to select the HDD of my local xbmc, why lol Huh

I have a NAS and its obvious i would like to store the extras of these particular shows i have spread out, on the...NAS lol.
Hi djhifi,

I'm not sure I follow much/any of your post, please can you post details of your exact directory/file structure (For a give TV Show). Then enable VideoExtras logging and perform the navigation to the info screen and Extras (posting the exact navigation you did) - and then turn off logging to keep the log small.

Also, what skin are you using, version of XBMC, OS?

Have you enabled the hooks as per the wiki?

Thanks

Rob
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2