• 46(current)
Release VideoExtras Addon
(2014-10-24, 06:50)rob_webset Wrote: Hi djhifi,

I'm not sure I follow much/any of your post, please can you post details of your exact directory/file structure (For a give TV Show). Then enable VideoExtras logging and perform the navigation to the info screen and Extras (posting the exact navigation you did) - and then turn off logging to keep the log small.

Also, what skin are you using, version of XBMC, OS?

Have you enabled the hooks as per the wiki?

Thanks

Rob

I will dumb it down:

Skin Mq5, Gotham 13.2, Openelec latest version.
Not done anything skin related, cause as far as I understood it right, I don't need with this skin, right?

Problem I have, dumbed down is as follows:

I have various hard disks.

My folder structure for any tv shows is:

folder---TV Shows
folder------------The Walking Dead
folder-----------------The Walking Dead Season 1 (xxxx)
files-----------------------------------The Walking Dead S01E01 (xxxx)
files-----------------------------------The Walking Dead S01E02 (xxxx)
ETC

I have (as I said) various hard disks, which I purchase over time.

So for Walking Dead, for example, the first 4 seasons are on one HDD (let's call it HDD_A) and the newest season 5 is on HDD_B.
Of course all my HDDs have the same file structure.

When I create the Extras folder no matter what OUTSIDE any season folder but INSIDE the series folder (so, like this):

folder---TV Shows
folder------------The Walking Dead
folder-----------------Extras
folder-----------------The Walking Dead Season 1 (xxxx)

The extras don't show anywhere.

WHEN I put the Extras folder inside any season folder, they SHOW UP on the respective Season info dialog on the skin.

Why is this happening?

I wanted to press the "i" button on the series (not on every season) and see the extras right there.

I know XBMC has problems with multipath sources vs tv shows seasons (being addressed here: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13513)

But, I wonder, is this also related?

PS: Did not have time to test the above behaviour with TV Shows only stored in one location.
Hello Djhifi,

I will quote here Rob's request to you in order to help you:

"...Then enable VideoExtras logging and perform the navigation to the info screen and Extras (posting the exact navigation you did) - and then turn off logging to keep the log small..."

You of course are required to submit this log, so Rob can stop working his oracle, which by now it has got quite famous!
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Hey guys

I can't get the XBMC File Exclusions to work. I copied the code from the wiki into my advancedsettings.xml and restarted XBMC several times but it keeps adding the extras as a single movie all the time.
When I go to the movie information, I do see the extra button and the extras show up as they should, the only problem is that all extras are additionally added as a single movie for each extra Sad

I followed the guide on the wiki. My files are stored in an "Extras" folder within the movie folder as they should. I also did not change the settings to another name or something.

Any idea why this happens and how I can fix it?
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
hi ecopsorn,

Could you please provide us with:
1) what is the exact path location of your advancedsettings.xml
2) your operative system
3) A log file showing when you start up XBMC.

Thanks
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
Also might post a copy of your advancedsettings.xml to pastebin and link it here. Could just be a typo or syntax error.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi ecopsorn,

One thing to ensure is that you had the settings in advancedsettings.xml done BEFORE you had any extras scanned into the library.

If you had:

1) The extras on the hard drive/network share
2) The library scanned
3) nothing in advancedsettings.xml

Then you will have already had them in the library. If this is the case, then deleting and recreating the library should sort it.

Rob
ive added the exclusion to the advanced settings but its still scrapping all the extras....

Just like ecopsorn.

Delete the library is not an option for me. I have 3200 movies and 200 tv shows.

No workaround??
Like for example changing the folder of the extras name?

I mean I thought if we removed the added by mistake extras, clean library, restart xbmc (with the advanced settings correctly entered), everything should be fine.

yes I too also made a scan PRIOR to the advancedsettings edition...

It means once this happens...we are only left with the option to delete the library?

I have another XBMC untouched. Maybe I can use the library from its?
Djhifi: In your previous post #676 you don't mention any problem related to extras being scanned into the library as movies or tvshows. I will assume you understand these are two separate issues:

1) To get help for your post #676 you would need to provide a log file besides any other information that has been asked or will be asked to you on this thread.
2) Regarding your last post in which you say the extras are being scanned into XBMC library, as Rob mentioned earlier if you have executed a library scan prior setting up things properly then there is nothing the new advancesettings.xml can rectify. Its effect is not retroactive but proactive. However you may be able to explore the possibility of setting the content of your source to 'none', then reinstating its content and proceed to update the source. After that do a clean library. Perhaps it could work but no guarantees. You can also use the backup library from your 2nd XBMC installation, you just have to do a copy-&-paste routine.
(2014-10-25, 22:58)djhifi Wrote: I mean I thought if we removed the added by mistake extras, clean library, restart xbmc (with the advanced settings correctly entered), everything should be fine.

That probably will work, but if you don't provide any info then no one can help diagnose the problem with your advancedsettings.xml file. Otherwise they will just get scanned in again.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
...And changing the name of the extras folder in VideoExtras won't work because the files have been already added to your library. What could work is to run an application such as Renamer, which could look for all folders named 'Extras' and rename them. Once this is done just run a 'clean library' and the wrong entries will be removed from your library. Run the find-&-replace script again to rename the folders back to 'Extras'. Last step is to do a scan source for new content and voilà. BUT as wgstarks says to you: all this is futile if you don't have a healthy set-up.

Hope that help
Best,

capfuturo

Somehow, the e-mail notification was disabled, that's why it took me a while to reply.

Here are the requested infos:
1) what is the exact path location of your advancedsettings.xml --> C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml
2) your operative system --> Windows 7, SP1 64-bit, build 7601

I don't need help anymore however, I have checked again the advancedsettings wiki and I found out that there is a second one under windows located under C:\Users\XBMC\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\advancedsettings.xml

once I copied the code into this xml it worked. (of course I had to remove the already added extras by hand first)

Problem solved Smile
[CPU] Intel i3 3220, 2x 3.30GHz Ivy Bridge [CASE] Silverstone SST-ML03B [PSU] Silverstone SST-ST40F-ES Strider Series - 400W [MB] Asrock H77M, Intel H77 [RAM] Corsair DDR3 1600MHz 4GB PC12800 XMS3
[SSD] 60GB Corsair FORCE SATA 3 [STORAGE] QNAP 469L [REMOTE] FLIRC Dongle with Logitech Harmony One [OS] Win 10 Home 64bit
Having some trouble setting things up using Remote Location. One question - are the directories related to libraries at the top level or physical location?

For example, I have "TvShows" and "Movies" as my top level, then directories named exactly like the folders for specific shows/movies with extras within them. Nothing is getting detected.

Should those directories instead be named based on the sources? (e.g., my tv shows is in a source folder called 'television', my movies come from a 'HD', 'SD', and '3D' source).

And to confirm, when using Remote Location as the extras location, I do not need to add them to the video library in some way, right?
(2014-11-06, 04:47)Necromancyr Wrote: Having some trouble setting things up using Remote Location. One question - are the directories related to libraries at the top level or physical location?

For example, I have "TvShows" and "Movies" as my top level, then directories named exactly like the folders for specific shows/movies with extras within them. Nothing is getting detected.

Should those directories instead be named based on the sources? (e.g., my tv shows is in a source folder called 'television', my movies come from a 'HD', 'SD', and '3D' source).

And to confirm, when using Remote Location as the extras location, I do not need to add them to the video library in some way, right?

It's relative to the actual source of the video. Example-
If your movie source is "Movies" and the folder structure is Movies/3D Movies/Thor 3D/video and associated art, then for the remote location you would have a folder named "Movies" as described in the wiki. And the folder structure would look like Movies/3D Movies/Thor 3D/all extras.

I think that the only scanning done is when your skin calls the addon usually. If you have DB support enabled then that may initiate a scan at startup. Not sure about that. Regardless, there are no manually initiated scans. Hope this helps.
Thanks. It means I have it setup right and it's just not detecting things...odd.
(2014-11-07, 01:57)Necromancyr Wrote: Thanks. It means I have it setup right and it's just not detecting things...odd.

A debug log might show something. Make sure you also enable debug logging for the addon.
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VideoExtras Addon2