Release Metal Music Videos
Hey,

i just downloaded this Addon via the Openelec Addon Manager. Unfortunatly it is not working on my Raspberry Pi. I can start it and see the categories. But as soon as i choose one, i always get an error followed by a message "Network server not available" or something. Is your addon working on Raspberry Pi, Openelec (Beta 3.95.6)?
I am unable to test it on the Raspberry Pi as the Pi that i had failed on me a few weeks back. But the error you are getting looks to be an error that is been returned from the website. As to why the site is not available to you, i dont know. But if you like you can upload your xbmc.log file and i might be able to find something.
Can you tell me how to create the logfile? I'm a linux noob, so i don't know how to do that, sorry.

But i can tell you something more. The Error i get is: "Unexpected Error. Unicode Error". Right after that pops up i got the message "Keine Verbindung zum Netzwerkserver" which means something like "No connection to networkserver". But my connection is still alright.

Does that help you in any way? If not: Please tell me how to post a logfile here. Smile
With that extra info it definitely looks like the site is rejecting the request for some reason. And the Unicode Error is a bug with the reading of the error msg from the site. There might be another bug somewhere that is messing up the request url and thats why its not working.
Instead of me describing how to upload the error log, there is already a very good description on how to do it on the xbmc wiki.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file/Easy
Thx. That plugin is awesome and makes it so much eaiser. Smile

My Logfile: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=186360
I have found and fixed the bug. It was actually a prity big one. There was a high chance that all my addons would not work with a non english language.
The addon backend was expecting a string from getLocalizedString but got a unicode instead witch i was trying to convert to unicode. Fail.
I must double check the python docs to see if there is anymore changes that i missed and will update the addon when i get a chance.
Wow. Thats pretty fast. Thanks for your work and the fast respond. I'm really looking forward to use that addon again. Smile
Addon updated.

Code:
Version 1.0.3
- Changed the Video Context menu to not replace items
- Fixed bug with non english language sometimes crashing the addon
- Changed random play to continuously play the next video (Party Mode)
- General unicode fixes
Addon updated

Code:
Version 1.0.4 2014-06-30
- Update Strings to strings.po
- Added UnitTests
- And a lot more small improvements
Hey Wally do you think you can do another update can't seem to get it to play with kodi can see videos but will not play would like to get it to work!
Will look into that later. Never expected the addon to have a problem with Helix. Should be a quick fix.
I finally updated to helix and checked out the add-on. But it is still working for me mostly.
The add-on depends on the Youtube add-on to work and I have noticed that it is unable to play some of the youtube videos.
So it looks like youtube might have changed things again. So hopefully the developers of the youtube add-on will have a fix for it soon.
Hi this is an awesome addon.

It works great on Windows but I didn't get it to work on my FireTV. There is an error message that simplejson is missing.

But in the system settings simplejson is enabled. Youtube is also installed and works fine.

Any suggestions what to do?
Hi. I just recently fix that bug actually, assuming that it is the same bug that your getting. The problem is within the xbmcutil module under "script.module.xbmcutil/lib/fastjson.py"
Here is the link to the fixed file on github if you wish to fix it before I get around to pushing out the next update for the back-end scripts.

https://github.com/willforde/script.modu...astjson.py
Add-on has been updated to add a small few features and some bug fixes. And some speed improvements as well.

Code:
Version 2.0.0 2015-02-20
- Added video of the day item
- Added Videos being watched right now item
- Removed download support
- Changed to auto select content type
- Changed to auto select sort methods
- Changed to return a generator instead of a list
- Changed settings.xml to use new methods for setting view mode
- Some small method renames

P.S. I am always looking for ways to improve this add-on if anyone has any suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metal Music Videos2