Kodi Over the Fireplace
Like many the best place in our living room for a TV is, annoyingly enough, the fireplace. This is great for us when we are cooking since our kitchen opens up in to the living room. It's nice and high and we have an easy view. But, when at the couch, the height just is painful. So when planning for our new 70 inch HDTV, I wanted a mount that could accommodate going up and down. There were a few out there but my favorite was the Down and Out Mount ((DynamicMounting.com) mostly because of the center speaker bracket it came with. I really wanted to get a nicer center speaker and have it project out when the TV was up and project right to ear level when down (otherwise what's the point of 5.1 and a loud system if all speakers aren't perfectly positioned, right?).

Installation was pretty easy with three people and the results are awesome. Even with our 12.5" deep mantle, it drops 25 inches. It also pans left and right in the up and down position which is nice because we get a fair amount of daytime glare. Both my wife and I can easily move the 100 pounds up and down pretty easily.

Here is it up, note the downward tilt of about 7 degrees - makes a bigger difference than you think.

And here it is down:

I'm definitely happy with the setup like this.

For the rest of the setup, it's pretty modest but I'm happy with the bang-for-buck ratio with all the speakers I have:

Receiver: Yamha RX-V377
Center: Yamaha NS-C310B
L&R: Sony SS-F5000
L&R Surround: Fluance AVBP2
Sub: Sony SA-W2500

The TV wires are tucked behind the mantel and the surround speakers go under the carpet. Here's a grainy photo:

That mount is really awesome. I've been tempted to buy one for a similar situation, but so far haven't been able to justify the cost for the TV that is currently up there ;)
(2015-08-14, 11:24)Ned Scott Wrote: That mount is really awesome. I've been tempted to buy one for a similar situation, but so far haven't been able to justify the cost for the TV that is currently up there Wink

Ned, just a thought here. In my view, if you buy that mount, you have at the same time given yourself a rock solid business case to also buy a top notch TV Wink
Go for it, dude!!!
geez, you would wanna hope everyone is really good at darts..and sober...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Over the Fireplace0