No Wife Approval needed
im kind of having a hard time understanding where the tv is situated. From the first few screenshots it looks like you guys mostly like to sit and stare at the slot machines. Smile
The slots are behind the sofa and the TV is in front of the sofa.
(2014-04-30, 23:16)tential Wrote: Am I the only person who thought that 70 inch HDTV looked very tiny?
No offense OP, I have a 70 inch as well, and sometimes from certain pictures for some reason, I think it's tiny.

You think about going bigger at all? I have been eyeing the 80 inches more and more lol or a projector.

1st world problems....

Sorry haven't been around much...tooo much work.Rolleyes But it is funny you ask about the screen size, because I have started to research 120" screens. Before I am able to get the screen I first have to wait on my new set of speakers. Purchased some JTR 228HT for L/C/R. Once I have those installed I will have a better idea of how much room I have left for the placement of the screen. The other thing that is different now is I got rid of my couch and bought 3 leather theater seats, and also purchased an Emotiva XPA-3 for running the new L/C/R channels. Another new addition is a 11 roll hot dog roller and took out my hot dog steamer. Anyone want a cheap, slightly used hotdog steamer PM me. Smile

Other things I have in the works are new surrounds and subs. I haven't decided on the surrounds yet but for the subs if time permits will be a pair of 24" in a 15cube sealed enclosure(DIY). I am pretty sure that will give me plenty of floor shaking bass. Tongue

I will try and update this with new pictures once things start to progress.
Added picture of my new speakers and stands I built. Next thing is either new surrounds or subs.
I have added a few more pictures to my album. These include my new speakers plus I added a second row of seating and two more subs. I have taken out my snack bar and slot machines. Enjoy.
Installed a 110 inch screen and took out snack bar. Side note to all: I make a lousy cameraman and commentator.
Sooo, I guess that's it. Wink

Very cool setup, man. I'm looking to establish something like this, a great little movie room. Need a bigger house first, though, so it's on the todo-list.
(2014-10-17, 03:33)WeirdH Wrote: Sooo, I guess that's it. Wink

On the to do list yet is new surround speakers and placement. Since building my front speakers, the surrounds are not blending in as well as I hoped and will be building a higher sensitive speaker. Then on to replacing the 2 SVS 12 Plus subs in the back with 18 inch subs.
Once these things are done may look into Atmos requirements, which would need more speakers placed in/on the ceiling. I will wait on that until the tech is further along.

Good luck getting a house and a future movie room.
I thought I would post a new picture of the 110 inch screen.
and with screen retracted.

For anyone interested I am selling off my original 9.2 speaker setup and am going to a full DIY speakers. My old speakers and subs are up for sale if interested. Ascend speakers and SVS subs for a 9.2
wow,those look like subs I got in trunk of car! but in home.
my wife would be in that room more than I would! Nice job Smile
Well, I guess I have gone a little bit over board. I ordered 4 more 18 inch subs. Will be building 2 boxes dual opposed and placing those in the front , then moving the two subs in picture to the rear corners. Kodi has never sounded better. Movies, music all come alive as if you were watching , hearing in real life.

Thanks for all the comments. If anyone in the DFW (TX) area would like a listen, pm me.
Good grief.

Ha - can I borrow this setup just for a day? Just to see the look on the face of my beloved when she walks through the door would be priceless.

A big ol' Man Cave salute to you sir. Bravo.
Bitcoin donations: 1Hvo9rWzhAVbuPrshgaGZaD7qcLFTCPuiv
[Skin] Pellucid
[Skin] Maximinimalism
(2015-06-12, 11:37)thedeadman Wrote: Good grief.

Ha - can I borrow this setup just for a day? Just to see the look on the face of my beloved when she walks through the door would be priceless.

A big ol' Man Cave salute to you sir. Bravo.

Thank you, but I don't consider it a man cave any more, but more or less an entertainment area for all. It works good for watching the games on Sunday, but the women are equally excited to get together for their wine and reality shows and dramas. I find out that when the women have just a tad too much wine, that the volume goes louder than when the boys come over for a beer.Huh The kids just enjoy watching any movie or playing a game on the big screen.

But I will agree with you that anyone that walks into my room, the expression on their face is priceless. But after the lights are out and the movie is finished, the comments after from everyone is what makes me happy. Comments like " I saw that movie in the theater and it did not sound like that, This just brings you right into the movie.", then I know I have done my job in the research and set up of my entertainment area.
Thats a sweet man cave!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Wife Approval needed0