• 12(current)
My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC
Hi Folks,
I have a couple of questions I'm struggling to figure out . I would really appreciate if someone could assist.

I received my Ouya from Amazon yesterday and I installed the latest nightly version of Gotham taken from http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/android/arm/ and then I installed Fusion to get all of the most popular sources.

1. I notice some popular sources are not working for me such as Projectfreetv.. Xbmc says its 'incompatible' and wont allow me to install the addon. Has this something to do with a limitation of Gotham? Is there anyway to get Projectfreetv to work?
2. The Google Play Store. Is there anyway of installing this? I would kill to have this readily available..

Thanks so much.
No all add ons are compatible with Gotham yet. You will have to wait for the developer to update the add on. Just downgrade to Frodo or use the SPMC version on the Ouya forum
ok thanks Mark. I guess I will have to go for SPMC as Frodo doesn't support AC3 and DTS audio

Just one final question before I install it.
I know previously when I uninstalled Gotham Nightly XBMC and reinstalled in (hoping for a clean install) , all of my previous repositories etc were still there. Can someone explain how to do a complete uninstall ?

I want the SPMC to be a completely new install..
(2014-02-21, 14:49)djustoe Wrote: ok thanks Mark. I guess I will have to go for SPMC as Frodo doesn't support AC3 and DTS audio

I know previously when I uninstalled Gotham Nightly XBMC and reinstalled in (hoping for a clean install) , all of my previous repositories etc were still there. Can someone explain how to do a complete uninstall ?

Frodo does support ac3 and DTS.... the ouya store version has these disabled because of licencing issues tho
Ouya's official development team now wants input from users on what third-party remote controls that you want Ouya to support out-of-the-box (with XBMC)?

I guess to try and compensate for this miss Ouya are now taking suggestions for remote controls to actively work on offering better support for navigation with bluetooth, RF, and IR remotes on the Ouya, and you can post your suggestions in a ouyaforum.com thread:

http://ouyaforum.com/showthread.php?9682...-supported
Quote:Hey guys and gals,

You'll see a blog post from me later today (ouya.tv/blog) with more details on this, but the short version is we're unable to properly support CEC on the current OUYA (blog post will have the details), so we are looking into better support for various remote controls. There's a whole ton of hardware to test against for that, so I wanted to start by getting a list from y'all. What controllers are you using that you'd want to see us support? I can say we are already working on much better pairing for Bluetooth devices, using the PS3 remote as our base case.

Thanks!
-James, Producer Dude.
For your information, Ouya posted this question hidden away in a blog in regards to the news that their first-generation Android-based game console can never enable HDMI-CEC support via a firmware update due to a miss in the initial hardware design, and I read about this in the official "Jackalope" system update blog post here

https://www.ouya.tv/ouya-system-update-j...eb-4-2014/

At least kitsune is an official OUYA representative, so this at least seems legit and shows that Ouya might finally taking an interest in better support for remote control and using Ouya as a media player
Thanks for clarifying.
So how do I decide if I should install Frodo or SPMC then?

(2014-02-21, 16:01)Vidman Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 14:49)djustoe Wrote: ok thanks Mark. I guess I will have to go for SPMC as Frodo doesn't support AC3 and DTS audio

Frodo does support ac3 and DTS.... the ouya store version has these disabled because of licencing issues tho
(2014-02-21, 18:58)djustoe Wrote: Thanks for clarifying.
So how do I decide if I should install Frodo or SPMC then?

SMPC is Frodo. Wink

If you need downmixing to 2 channel or use the multi-channel PCM trick for AC3/DTS, then install SPMC.

The official Ouya XBMC version and SPMC are virtually the same except for audio decoding.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

I think you need to install filepawn from the discovery menu and delete the install directory of xbmc.
thanks guys
You are very helpful.
(2014-02-21, 21:10)sarlan19 Wrote:

I think you need to install filepawn from the discovery menu and delete the install directory of xbmc.

I tried this out but it only gives me access to the sdcard0 folder.
Is there another app that would give me access to the xbmc folder to delete it?
Everyone,

I have the Ouya, and it has been working great, but I recently realized it wasn't working for some files.

I have been using SMPC, so I don't think it's the DTS passthrough issue.

For instance, Angles & Demons, ripped form my BluRay, plays for like 2 seconds, then I get an odd green screen for a second, then plays for 2 seconds, then green screen, etc... This movie is a BluRay rip, no downsizing/resampling/etc..., in a .mkv format. It plays on my normal HTPC.

Another example is Back to the Future. This one plays extremely, extremely, extremely slow. I mean like slow motion slow.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!
(2014-03-01, 03:54)AndroiDad75 Wrote: Everyone,

I have the Ouya, and it has been working great, but I recently realized it wasn't working for some files.

I have been using SMPC, so I don't think it's the DTS passthrough issue.

For instance, Angles & Demons, ripped form my BluRay, plays for like 2 seconds, then I get an odd green screen for a second, then plays for 2 seconds, then green screen, etc... This movie is a BluRay rip, no downsizing/resampling/etc..., in a .mkv format. It plays on my normal HTPC.

Another example is Back to the Future. This one plays extremely, extremely, extremely slow. I mean like slow motion slow.

Any advice?

Thanks!!!
its not one of thoses 10bit files?
10bit? I guess I'll have to figure out what that means. It isn't from the web, downloaded, or anything like that, if that is what you mean. It is a direct rip from my BluRays.

I'll check the MediaInfo to see if it says anything about 10bit in there.
If you mean audio, then the answer is no. They are both 24bit audio. One of the files is AVC and one is VC-1 for video, and both at 24fps.
Have you ever heard of a debug log (wiki)??
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My thoughts on OUYA + XBMC1