Aeon MQ 5 Timer does not use Shutdown Option
I tried Aeon MQ 5 on frodo 1.7.4 - In my opinion the greatest skin for xbmc available at this time.

But i found one ?Bug? - I have set up Hibernation as shutdown option in system config. But when i set the shutdown timer this Setting is not used and the htpc shuts down instead of hibernating.

Any hints how to achieve Hibernation with the shutdown Timer in Aeon MQ 5?

Best Regards
tomha
BUMP +1
Is this not controlled by XBMC itself, rather than the skin?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

No, although that's what you'd think. There is a setting in the settings menu that allows you to select what XBMC should do on the "Shutdown" command, ie. reboot, hibernate, shutdown, or quit. However, Aeon does not respond to this setting at all. I have seen that you are able to change it in the Dialogbuttonmenu,xml file, but there is no listing in this file for "custom timer" like every other skin....
In confluence, and any other skin (even NOX) there is a button description in DialogButtonMenu.xml, and you can change the line :
<onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Shutdown())</onclick> to read <onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.PlayerControl(Stop))</onclick>

Which is SUPPOSED to just stop playing whatever you're playing. The problem is, in that particular file for Aeon, there is no part of the file for the custom timer! It's driving me crazy!
I have noticed such before. Try selecting hibernate from power submenu
That does nothing. It ignores whatever setting is in the menu and shuts down the computer, EVERY time.
(2014-04-01, 20:39)mikedpitt420 Wrote: That does nothing. It ignores whatever setting is in the menu and shuts down the computer, EVERY time.

That's what I mean ;-)
Oh, I thought you were saying "try this". Hah! :-) Yah it HAS to take the setting from somewhere, but this ButtonDialogMenu.xml is not like any other skin. The setting isnt there.
(2014-04-01, 20:46)mikedpitt420 Wrote: Oh, I thought you were saying "try this". Hah! :-) Yah it HAS to take the setting from somewhere, but this ButtonDialogMenu.xml is not like any other skin. The setting isnt there.

Wink

I mentioned it here before http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1646936

They should make BUG topic sticky and try to solve bugs because i don't see anything being solved.

/edit
I know it works in Frodo. We could diff the files and see if something has changed or does Gotham handles it differently?
I'm using Frodo, doesn't work....

It's the Aeon Skin, not XBMC. I changed back to confluence and it worked as it should. I edited the ButtonDialogMenu.xml in the confluence folder and it worked just as it should. It's the skin.
(2014-04-01, 22:03)mikedpitt420 Wrote: I'm using Frodo, doesn't work....

It's the Aeon Skin, not XBMC. I changed back to confluence and it worked as it should. I edited the ButtonDialogMenu.xml in the confluence folder and it worked just as it should. It's the skin.
Then it's broken in last update. Maybe i have previous version here to check.
But what file does aeon pull this setting from? There HAS to be a file somewhere in there that says : <onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Shutdown))</onclick> . That's what I need to find. It's not located in the same file as all the other skins.
(2014-04-01, 22:18)mikedpitt420 Wrote: But what file does aeon pull this setting from? There HAS to be a file somewhere in there that says : <onclick>XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Shutdown))</onclick> . That's what I need to find. It's not located in the same file as all the other skins.

Includes.xml line 874/876
IncludesMenuCustom.xml line 2301/2309
So I would need to change this in both of those files then?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 Timer does not use Shutdown Option0