Aeon MQ 5 Timer does not use Shutdown Option
I don't see this line in includes.xml . It is however in my IncludesMenuCustom.xml. i have changed it, and will let you know what happens

Oops, I did find it in includes.xml, just not on that line.

Nope, changed both of those lines, and it STILL shuts down the computer. WTF?!
(2014-04-01, 22:41)mikedpitt420 Wrote: So I would need to change this in both of those files then?

Not sure. I think we should compare it with previous version were it worked to find out.
No, it doesn't work. I changed both files, and it still shuts down completely. Can this be upgraded to an actual bug, because it sure seems like it is one.
I have send a notice to Wanilton, he will communicate this to Marcos.
Wow, you guys rock! I love this skin, and I really don't want to nix it for something else. Thanks SO much for the help!
(2014-04-02, 00:03)mikedpitt420 Wrote: Wow, you guys rock! I love this skin, and I really don't want to nix it for something else. Thanks SO much for the help!

Do you by chance have old version of skin in addons package dir?
I'm speaking with Wanilton as we speak to find the culprit
I do not :-( It's a fresh install.
I tested some more and came to the following conclusion.

When i set default Power Saving options to Hibernate/Sleepmode and select Shutdown from main menu it works.
When i select the same actions from submenu it fails.
Adding custom button (Hibernate/Sleep) to menu for desired action it also fails.
Schimo2004 I have come to the same conclusion. It's failing on anything from the submenu.
I test windows 8.1, with gotham nightlies, and confluence, when press hibernate, my PC turn off (shutdown), but when I turn On, XBMC return open, I don´t know if XBMC is broken, or work this way.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
In other skins, this feature works. Confluence for example, works.
Nobody?! This is just a bug then?
Since it seems that nobody posted the solution, here it is:

The bug is caused because Aeon MQ5 uses XBMC.Powerdown() instead of XBMC.Shutdown().

As it has been previously posted, this action is defined in the files "addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\includes.xml" and "addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\IncludesMenuCustom.xml":

Code:
addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\includes.xml
    Line 874:     <onfocus>Skin.SetString(menu1206.action,XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Powerdown()))</onfocus>
addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\IncludesMenuCustom.xml
    Line 2301:     <onclick>Skin.SetString($INFO[skin.string(custom_action)],XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Powerdown()))</onclick>
The problem is that changing these lines is not enough, since they only specify how some strings have to be initialized.

To make it work, it is also necessary to update "userdata\guisettings.xml". E.g. (line numbers may vary):
Code:
userdata\guisettings.xml
  Line XXX:         <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.menu1206.action">XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Powerdown())</setting>
  Line XXX:         <setting type="string" name="skin.aeonmq5.submenu_action">XBMC.AlarmClock(shutdowntimer,XBMC.Powerdown())</setting>.
Change XBMC.Powerdown() to XBMC.Shutdown() in all these three files and the shutdown timer will use the shutdown method defined in the XBMC preferences.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon MQ 5 Timer does not use Shutdown Option0