OpenElec Issues be taken to the actual OpenElec forums
I would like to propose that OpenElec specific Issues be taken to the actual OpenElec forums.

Openelec is a non standard linux derivative and creates its own set of unique problems.

IMO these questions would be better served in the openelec forums with people that VERY familiar with the unique issues at hand.

We encourage people to ask ubuntu, pvios, NAS, Windows, third party addons......etc related questions at the specific source.
As long as it is XBMC related, I don't mind people asking about it on XBMC.org. If I personally tell someone to check at another site it's normally not to say they can't ask about it here, but to say that they should ask at both places. Very specific OE questions will likely get a better/faster response on OE's website, but that's just in the spirit of helping out the user, not a requirement.

So if anyone, be it OE, Pivos, OUYA, QNAP, has an XBMC question, I don't think we should turn them away. Mention additional places to get help, but not turn them away (as long as it doesn't violate the forum rules).
Not to mention too that using the openelec forums seems in general very slow, like they need a new server or something. And that your questions never seem to get answered.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-11-26, 07:13)nickr Wrote: Not to mention too that using the openelec forums seems in general very slow, like they need a new server or something. And that your questions never seem to get answered.

I also find the black background makes the Openelec forum hard to read & hence search. (must be my ageUndecided)
Yes and too many unneeded icons and other graphic elements. They need a lesson in KISS.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OpenElec Issues be taken to the actual OpenElec forums0