Airplay support on Windows 8.1
Exclamation 
I have apple tv. I am trying to use speakers that are connected to my XBMC. On my apple tv, under airplay, I see XMBC server under speakers but when I select those, sound is not sent to those speakers.

I am using latest apple tv. The strange thing is I can use my macbook (itunes) to connect to XBMC and play on xbmc speakers.

Debug log located here.

I am running XBMC 12.2.
Looks like you have set your speaker layout in system->system->audio to 3.0 - try 2.0 instead. Beside that the log looks good (meaning i can see that someone streams audio to XBMC.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Could it be from playing with Ipod or macbook (itunes)?

I will create new logs with just apple tv this evening and generate new logs.
just set your speaker layout to 2.0 in system->system->audio in xbmc...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Thanks Memphiz for looking into this problem. I changed the audio to 2.1 (as that sounds better). I have created another log. As previously, I can see XBMC server under speakers on apple TV but when I select it, I don't hear anything from speakers connected to XBMC.

BTW while this log was getting generated, I had XBMC selected on my apple under speakers.
2.0 ... please
Also what exactly are you using on the appletv2 (or atv3?) for generating the sound? I tried this multiple times and it works fine for me (i am hearing the ui "bing" sound when i move around the menus - from the XBMC speakers...). Also could you give a nightly build a try which has also some airplay improvements which might already solve your problem?
OK, I have tried 2.0 already but it didn't work with that either. I will try again and post logs with that.

I am using apple tv 3 for generating sound. I will try nightly build this evening. Which nightly should I get: development or QA version?

Thanks again for all your help.
just try latest

http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/win32/...master.exe
Thanks Memphiz. After installing, the latest, it all worked as expected.

With 12.2 version, Apple TV was seeing XBMC as another apple TV but with latest it sees as just speakers and that's what I needed (The difference in icon).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay support on Windows 8.10