Win PVR Client Keeps disabling itself.
That's exactly what I did. I just had to figure out how to do that and the terminology relating to xmbc. That part is working fine. I'm now just having some issues with the live TV. I do a scan in windows media center.. Finds some channels and works then when I go back into it they stop working.

I'm a beyond TV user, been using it for 10 years. Was looking for something new.

Win 7 x64. 3ghz, 8gb ram. 2 hauppage 2250's. Built a new system to replace my old which is still up but having problems. Tried mediaportal and didn't have much luck with live TV either.
ok so you have the server and client on that 1 box?

And you are saying that WMC itself stops working on you when you go back into it? That's weird.

Anyway in terms of XBMC and the ServerWMC backend/pvr.wmc plugin, have you gone through the Setup/Installation steps in the ServerWMC and pvr.wmc wiki pages? You know you need to run our backend program right (we dont talk directly to WMC we talk to our backend which uses the WMC services). Post a ServerWMC log to pastebin if you still get stuck and we can have a look at what may be going on
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Yes. Client and sever, 1 box. My BTV setup is a separate box, that this new one will replace eventually.

My end scenario will be 2 dual tv cards, 3 input just from cable channel 1 - 100, and one input from my set top box, using usb urt.

For simplicity I just have one card in it right now to work on one thing at a time, not using set top box or usb urt. Once I have regular cable working, I will worry about the set top box and premium channels.

I did set up wmc, and wmc server, and the plugins, I did follow the guide.

Just now I turned the computer back on, wmc server starts automatically. I went into WMC and to the guide for tv and chose a channel - it said no recording device was available, or something to that effect. I closed that and went into xmbc and went to tv guide, chose a channel.. it said working, then did nothing. I then closed and reopened wmc server, and tv worked in wmc. went back in xmbc and it also worked there.

So it works, sometimes... The other thing is it takes almost 10 seconds to change a channel in WMC, and also in xmbc, that's a long time. Is WMC my best free option for xmbc to continue to work with or should I just start with another back end, I am certainly not married to any specific option right now. If it would work with BTV, that would be easiest as I know it very well.
(2013-11-26, 15:05)rebelmaveric19 Wrote: I am having issues on several of my client computers around the house were the pvr addon is disabling itself in XBMC. Is anyone else having this problem? Client computers are nothing fancy just intel based Win7 ultimate with XBMC 12.2.

I am having the same problem, as are a lot of others. How can we find an answer? I wonder whether our Cable provider (Virgin) is causing this.
pvr addon becoming disabled in Kodi can have many issues but almost certainly it will be in the kodi debug log what the issue is. This thread is from almost 2 years ago and was from a user where WMC itself was having issues (meaning it wasnt really a kodi/pvr.wmc issue) so best to post a new thread for your problem, including a Kodi debug log and ServerWMC log and information about your setup.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Client Keeps disabling itself.1