• 6(current)
Feature Requests
(2014-01-09, 04:59)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah we should do that, maybe edit the first post and keep the list there. My reason for making this a sticky is so we don't loose them. Looks like we have no shortage of ideas, just short memories and short time, this at least helps solve the first problem.

never mind - I just went back and tried to read the requests and put them in a list format. pita trying to summarize full paragraphs into a few words.
I'd like the following features - not sure if these were requested yet:

- Recorded TV sort order: Ability to change the sort order. Its always sorted by latest recordings, but I'd like the option to be able to sort shows alphabetically as well

- Recorded TV thumbnail display for TV Show folders - similar to how WMC behaves, it would look nicer if you took a thumbnail from the most recent recording in each show folder, and used that thumbnail for display when you are looking at TV show directories. I hope that description makes sense?

Thanks for all the work, its excellent!
(2014-01-15, 03:38)dementia Wrote: I'd like the following features - not sure if these were requested yet:

- Recorded TV sort order: Ability to change the sort order. Its always sorted by latest recordings, but I'd like the option to be able to sort shows alphabetically as well

- Recorded TV thumbnail display for TV Show folders - similar to how WMC behaves, it would look nicer if you took a thumbnail from the most recent recording in each show folder, and used that thumbnail for display when you are looking at TV show directories. I hope that description makes sense?

Unfortunately you will have to make these requests in xbmc pvr development forum. But I am in total agreement with you Smile
It has been mentioned earlier but I'd also like to see transcoding added.
(2014-01-15, 03:38)dementia Wrote: I'd like the following features - not sure if these were requested yet:

Can't you sort the recording list by name now? Bring up the context menu on the recording list and choose so Sort: by: Name

As for the thumbail view (I'd like that too), this needs to be a request of the xbmc team, we can't control views in the addon.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Hey guys,

Just wanted to drop you a line to let you know the latest release (buidl1115) of ServerWMC includes options for running external programs in relation to recording events. These need to be configured in the %ProgramData%\VDSoftware\ServerWMC\config.xml file as there is no GUI editor for them.

You can respond to any recording state change as per the microsoft ScheduleEventStates enumeration. Mostly you will be interested in recordings completing (HasOccured), but you can also hook into recordings being scheduled (WillOccur), starting (IsOccuring), being cancelled, deleted, and others). The recording states are listed here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/...89576.aspx

You can define as many external actions as you want - The external action specifies the trigger status, the program to run and the argument string to feed it. The argument string supports parameter replacement of several key fields from the recording that can be passed to your external program. The parameters supported are:

%Title%
%ServiceID%
%ChannelID%
%OriginalAirDate%
%Repeat%
%Genre%
%FileName%
%RecordingState%
%StartTime%
%EndTime%

Bringing this all together, you would flesh out the <RecordingExternalActions /> section of the XML config file to something like the following

Code:
<RecordingExternalActions>
  <ExternalAction>
    <RecordingState>HasOccurred</RecordingState>
    <Program>c:\myprogram.bat</Program>
    <Arguments>/file:"%FileName%" /channel:"%ChannelID%" /genre:%Genre%</Arguments>
  </ExternalAction>
</RecordingExternalActions>

This would run the myprogram.bat whenever a recording finishes, and pass it the filename of the completed recording file, the channel and genre. Note that you can have as many <ExternalAction> nodes defined as you want

You also need to enable these recording external actions by modifying this key to true:
Code:
<RecordingExternalActionEnabled>true</RecordingExternalActionEnabled>

If you need to, you can control how the date parameters are formatted on your system with this entry:
Code:
<RecordingExternalActionDateFormat>YYYY-MM-dd HH:mm:ss</RecordingExternalActionDateFormat>

Also there is a debug option to log whenever recording state changes occur to the ServerWMC log, mostly for when I was developing it but it can also be useful for troubleshooting
Code:
<Debug_LogRecordingStatusChanges>true</Debug_LogRecordingStatusChanges>

Finally, please be aware that I dont run comskip or any post processing tasks personally, so I have only been able to do basic testing... Please consider this functionality is preview/work in progress and ideally the guys who wanted it will be able to test it more thoroughly and report back with any issues when run in a "real setup".

edit: fix name of XML tag to "RecordingExternalActions" - sorry exodus454!
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Im not sure if this has been asked before, I did skim through this thread, but if I missed it, Im sorry.

I was wondering if there would be a way to add which channels go to which client, or mainly to block channels from certain clients. I know XBMC already has thing kind of embedded in, but it takes forever to get rid of the channels you dont want. Unless there is a way to edit some file that Im missing and just delete what channels get pulled from the server.

Does this seem possible, or am I gonna have to bite the bullet and take the time to edit it out in XBMC? Its for my daughters room, just want to make it so she only has certain channels available.

Thanks!
Interesting idea, I think we could do this in the server if we watch for certain client names/IP addresses and filter out channels accordingly. It might also be useful for people who have some clients that are slower machines so they don't want to import all the channels/epg.

You are only thinking of filtering channels, not stored recordings right?
We don't currently support per client filtering, but if you didn't know, you can hide channels in WMC and we then went present them to XBMC (affects all clients)

Didn't help you if you have more than just your daughter using xXBMC PVR but thought I'd point it out
(2014-01-25, 03:52)krustyreturns Wrote: Interesting idea, I think we could do this in the server if we watch for certain client names/IP addresses and filter out channels accordingly. It might also be useful for people who have some clients that are slower machines so they don't want to import all the channels/epg.

You are only thinking of filtering channels, not stored recordings right?

Yes, just filtering channels. I dont have recordings really. I convert them, then put them in their correct folders, which I only have certain folders loaded to her rasbpi. So she doesnt get all the shows that mommy and daddy get.

(2014-01-25, 04:49)scarecrow420 Wrote: We don't currently support per client filtering, but if you didn't know, you can hide channels in WMC and we then went present them to XBMC (affects all clients)

Didn't help you if you have more than just your daughter using xXBMC PVR but thought I'd point it out

Yeah, I have it currently filtering most channels. Pretty much all non-HD channels, and then ones that Ive never watched. Works pretty well. Its just I would like to only have say like, Disney, abc fam, discovery, and a few other child friendly channels available to her. Plus, with the way CEC works there would be no need for another remote, she could just use the one for the TV. Its slow, but it works.
I think its another good use for a swmc channel editor, which I have always wanted to add.
Rather than a fully blown channel editor, a quicker solution could be to use the channel groups feature in WMC/ServerWMC and then just have a config setting to limit particular clients to particular channel groups
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what is channel groups? In other words, what is the benefit of this feature? Thanks.
scarecrow, good idea! I still want a channel editor though.

think of channel groups as like a 'favorites' for channels. You can group your favorite channels in one group, sports channels in another group, etc.
In WMC they are called favourites. I guess the benefit is if you have lots of channels you can group them (eg Sports, Entertainment, Kids, Documentary, whatever) then in WMC (and xbmc) when you pick a group, the Epg only shows those channels, the channel skip/picker only cycles those channels etc.

I don't really use it (have set some groups up more for testing) but it was a requested feature by multiple users so we implemented it in release 1114 and fixed a bug with it in the most recent release 1118
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1