• 7(current)
Feature Requests
I didnt even know there was a channel group option like that, but I will look in to it tonight, sounds like exactly what I need. I saw you post that this weekend, but I didnt get a chance to mess with it.

I had another request though, and Im not sure if it would be with you guys or with the actual XBMC developers. I was wondering if there was a way to have a timer, much like a cable company STB. Like, if was watching TV for say 6 hours and I hadnt changed the channel or done anything else, would there be a way to place a message on the screen? Just to ask something like, "Are you still watchin?" That way, it will stop the feed by itself incase someone falls asleep. There may already be an option like this and I have just overlooked it, but it seems simple enough, if not on the ServerWMC side than on the XBMC side. Its mainly for a sleep timer. I have been looking for the past few weeks on how to change the CEC commands when I shut off the TV, it only gives me 2 options. Suspend, or Shutdown. I wish there was a way for it to issue an all stop command instead, but I cannot for the life of me find the config file for the pulse8 CEC on the Pi. This feature would be nice for the wife also, she tends to fall asleep watching TV. I am just worried about the constant writing taking a toll on my HDD. My last one didnt last too long, but it was a seagate and I seem to always have trouble with them. I have a toshiba now, so I will have to see how it does.

Thank you guys for all the work you have done. This PVR is simply amazing. I wish I had some rep points to give both of you, but I cant. Also, if you havent already, you need to setup a donate fund. If you have already, just point me in the right direction.
Its possible for swmc to shut down a live steam after x number of hours, this could be made a setting for example. However, since we don't control the interface,, I don't think there is a way for us to throw up a dialog first that asks the user if they are still watching. Would the max stream stream life time be useful?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Yes, very much, at least that way it will shut down after a few hours. I realized what I was asking was probably a 2 part question, but whatever you can do will be great.
Hello how do i access the Groups from EPG. I tried to use all keys on my keyboard but i was not able to figure it out.

Thanks
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
Yes it's a bit strange. On Gotham you can click repeatedly on Channel List (one the side blade) and it rotates through the channel groups. It seems you can also press left/right direction while watching a channel to choose a channel group, but most people rebind those direction keys to skip back/forward anyway. You can also context menu on a channel in the list and choose "Edit Channel Groups" which shows the editor for them (in XBMC, but we just import from WMC so dont try and edit them here) but that isn't really how to select one, just how to see what groups there are.
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
ok for some reason i do not see any of my groups coming from WMC. I have some default ones in WMC like movies, sports etc but they do not show up in xbmc.
Intel® Quad Core i5 Sandybridge @3.40GHz | ASRock Z775 Mobo 8GB DDR3 Ram | Logitech K400 Keyboard |
| Logitec Harmony 550 Remote| 46' Samsung LCD TV | Onkyo TX-S605 w/ Bose 5.1 Surround
are you using the new version of pvr.wmc (1.93 or 2.93 depending on frodo or gotham)?
And of course, the latest build of ServerWMC that supports this...

In the ServerWMC log at startup in the "Enumerate Channels and Lineup" section you will see output about channel groups if they have been detected.
i am using gotham and then 1118 build. I will look into the logs and get back to you.

http://pastebin.com/Dyny8yq9

log attached. seems like it says i do not have any groups in WMC i need to see what is going on in WMC first then.
krustyreturns / scarecrow420, hey guys I'm curious is it possible to have popup reminders? I know we can schedule recording but it would be cool to have reminders for sporting events and other shows you may not want to record.

Thanks in Advance

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello how hard would it be to make a client for windows media center itself on a different computer? So I want to run media center on two computers with 1 being the host.
(2014-01-28, 05:42)hunkyn Wrote: i am using gotham and then 1118 build. I will look into the logs and get back to you.

http://pastebin.com/Dyny8yq9

log attached. seems like it says i do not have any groups in WMC i need to see what is going on in WMC first then.

Yeah you have 1 group with no valid channels in it (valid being ones that we are showing to XBMC ie not hidden. not DRM, etc). You need to head into WMC, and setup your "Favorite Lineups" (for example you might create News, Sports, Entertainment). Once that's done, restart ServerWMC and check the log again

(2014-01-28, 21:12)hoopsdavis Wrote: krustyreturns / scarecrow420, hey guys I'm curious is it possible to have popup reminders? I know we can schedule recording but it would be cool to have reminders for sporting events and other shows you may not want to record.

Thanks in Advance
To do it properly, I would assume it would need XBMC support so that there was a context menu "set reminder" etc. and XBMC could ask the backend for GetReminders (like it does for Timers) (or perhaps they should just be stored in XBMC database as well) then XBMC would know to pop up the reminder when the time occured and offer an option to change to that channel etc. Perhaps it could just be an extension of the existing timers by having a timer Type, of either Recording or Reminder. That way most of the existing stuff and calls are already in place. I guess I dont see it as something that's worth us trying to do in the addon, and personally I wouldnt use something like this, but every DVR/TV on the market does have this ability so it would be good to see XBMC implement it. If they havent already!?

As a plugin we can pop up those toast notifications I think, but they only appear briefly and you wouldnt get a prompt or option to change channel etc. Plus no easy way of setting up what you want to be reminded about from the EPG etc,
(2014-01-28, 21:54)tdecurtins Wrote: Hello how hard would it be to make a client for windows media center itself on a different computer? So I want to run media center on two computers with 1 being the host.

Interesting question. You can sort of do that now with wmc but it doesn't work very well - that's the way I was running until we got this going (and my wife still uses it this way, but she never watches anything live). I assume you just want the ability to view live-tv streams from the client? Or are you thinking of something else?
(2014-01-29, 04:27)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2014-01-28, 21:54)tdecurtins Wrote: Hello how hard would it be to make a client for windows media center itself on a different computer? So I want to run media center on two computers with 1 being the host.

Interesting question. You can sort of do that now with wmc but it doesn't work very well - that's the way I was running until we got this going (and my wife still uses it this way, but she never watches anything live). I assume you just want the ability to view live-tv streams from the client? Or are you thinking of something else?

Is there anything you haven't done!! If you have all the functionality of ServerWMC (Live, Active Recordings and Recorded TV streaming, surely in effect you have created the holy grail of softsled that everyone has been screaming for for years, unless I have completely mis-understood what you mean Blush

I seriously love all the work you and the team have done, I'm not asking for you to release whatever plugin or installer you are using for WMC as I'm sure you have enough on your plate with XBMC and MB3 dev work at the moment. Plus personally I see a really bright future away from the WMC interface with the work you have done. Although sticking with the WMC interface would be easy I wouldn't be progressing, rather just stagnating with the same interface I've been using for an upsettingly long period of time (though until the promise of MB3s interface the WMC EPG has always been the best IMHO).

Thanks again guys for all you have done Cool
(2014-01-29, 04:27)krustyreturns Wrote:

I could already watch live tv on a client since I have an hd homerun. But I am more looking for the features of a shared EPG with shared recordings and recorded shows. Like what the xbmc addon does. I have tried the addon and it works phenomenally, I would just like to stick with WMC since I mainly use my setup for live tv and less with movies and downloaded content; which we can all admit WMC is a little better with live tv. Thank you so much for your work!
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1