• 12(current)
Feature Requests
(2014-04-23, 04:00)krustyreturns Wrote: Yeah, we can do that. Normally this kind of stuff would be part of the gui, but in this case we provide the folder names so we can append the episode count to the name.

Awesome! Look forward to possibly seeing that in a future release.

Thanks again for a great addition to XBMC.
Looks like the number of episodes at the end of the folder is in the newest version.
(2014-04-22, 02:45)scarecrow420 Wrote: I have a concerns on implemeting a delay timer for ExternalActions. Essentially it boils down to the issue of what happens if ServerWMC is restarted after the event occurs but before the delay has elapsed. In order to "honour" these delayed actions, ServerWMC would need to persist them somehow, which is of course possible, but so far there isnt anything else that we "persist" between executions of the program and Im not sure this feature would qualify as the thing which makes us implement such persistence. There's also complications to handle such as if the system clock/time is changed and so on... I dont really want to implement an entire time/scheduling sub system in ServerWMC just for something like this that probably 1 person will make use of! Smile

However in thinking about it a bit more, one way to do it could be to use Windows Task Scheduler. This way, ServerWMC only deals with things when the recording event fires, and doesnt need to persist anything. It can create a Windows Task Scheduler entry to run the given external program, with the required argmuments etc, and set the execution time for whenever it needs to be (eg a week from then, an hour from then, whatever you specified). At that point it's then handed off to the windows operating system to worry about persisting it, system time changes, making sure it runs in a weeks time etc.

Would having ServerWMC setup windows scheduled task, work OK for you TalGuy? The only thing is it would probably mean the program requires elevation (run as admin) in order to create scheduled tasks

Sorry I haven't replied in a while. Yea sounds good to me.
This thread is 12 pages now so maybe someone has mentioned it already... I would like to request the option to stream the LiveTV through serverWMC instead of just watching from a samba share. This way my LiveTV can work outside of my LAN, obviously transcoding on the fly would make this even more ideal but at least for me its not entirely necessary. I know that MB3 will do this via web browser, but having this functionality in XBMC would be ideal.

Great work BTW!
(2014-04-30, 18:23)allen00se Wrote: This thread is 12 pages now so maybe someone has mentioned it already... I would like to request the option to stream the LiveTV through serverWMC instead of just watching from a samba share. This way my LiveTV can work outside of my LAN, obviously transcoding on the fly would make this even more ideal but at least for me its not entirely necessary. I know that MB3 will do this via web browser, but having this functionality in XBMC would be ideal.

Great work BTW!

This is something that belongs in XBMC proper not in one single addon.
XBMC already has the ability to connect directly to certain IP TV Tuners, such as the Silicon Dust HDHomeRun. I haven't tested it personally, but if you go to Video/Add Videos, and use the browser, you can find them listed as potential sources.

(2014-04-30, 18:23)allen00se Wrote: This thread is 12 pages now so maybe someone has mentioned it already... I would like to request the option to stream the LiveTV through serverWMC instead of just watching from a samba share. This way my LiveTV can work outside of my LAN, obviously transcoding on the fly would make this even more ideal but at least for me its not entirely necessary. I know that MB3 will do this via web browser, but having this functionality in XBMC would be ideal.

Great work BTW!
Hello,

I have a few feature requests...

1) Deletion of a recording that's currently playing. In XBMC, when I attempt to delete a recording that i'm currently watching, I get an error that says the recording is unable to be deleted as it's in use. XBMC or ServerWMC should be smart enough to detect whether the recording is currently being played, stop the recording first, and THEN delete the file. Right now, I have to manually stop the recording first before i can delete the file, which just seems unnecessary and something that can be done on the server.

2) If I'm watching a live tv show, and the tuner is needed for a recording, XBMC simply switches the channel out from what i'm watching to record the channel it needs to. In WMC, it gives me a pop-up with the option to either change the tuner to record, OR to cancel the recording so I can continue to watch what the live tv channel is currently on. I'd like this functionality to be brought to XBMC as well - rather than just switch to the channel, give the user the option to cancel the recording to keep the channel its currently tuned to.

Thanks for all the hard work!
1) It can detect that the recording is playing, but stopping the recording is more difficult. In normal play-mode xbmc is playing the wtv file, swmc is not involved. In this case, the server can't delete the file because it is open and it has no way to tell xbmc to stop playing the file since it doesn't control xbmc (at least not directly). Also for swmc, we need to think about the possibility of multiple clients viewing the same file, in this case one client deleting the file would kill all the other clients. I will think about this though, we could maybe set it up so that the file is deleted once ALL the clients playing the file are stopped. There maybe other possibilities too.

2) I really wanted to implement this too, unfortunately it isn't possible currently. Again swmc has no way to directly control the client, so when the tuner is about to be stolen it can't signal xbmc in time, and even if it did, it has no way of presenting the user with a dialog asking whether they want to cancel the recording. This would need to happen in xbmc itself.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
(2014-05-20, 04:29)dementia Wrote: Hello,

I have a few feature requests...

1) Deletion of a recording that's currently playing. In XBMC, when I attempt to delete a recording that i'm currently watching, I get an error that says the recording is unable to be deleted as it's in use. XBMC or ServerWMC should be smart enough to detect whether the recording is currently being played, stop the recording first, and THEN delete the file. Right now, I have to manually stop the recording first before i can delete the file, which just seems unnecessary and something that can be done on the server. OK

2) If I'm watching a live tv show, and the tuner is needed for a recording, XBMC simply switches the channel out from what i'm watching to record the channel it needs to. In WMC, it gives me a pop-up with the option to either change the tuner to record, OR to cancel the recording so I can continue to watch what the live tv channel is currently on. I'd like this functionality to be brought to XBMC as well - rather than just switch to the channel, give the user the option to cancel the recording to keep the channel its currently tuned to.

Thanks for all the hard work!

Wmc with extenders works the way with regard to issue 1. Not only must playback be stopped wmc will check to be sure there is no sharing violation. There is nothing wrong here, it's normal reasonable way to handle deleting recordings.
While I consider this add on to be a noble idea, the lack of closed caption or subtitles for live and recorded TV is a complete deal breaker. Captioning is not just for the deaf, but for even for those with slight hearing impairment, language barriers, illiterate and to help with child learning disabilities. Would you please consider adding full captioning support with live and recorded .wtv file?
I'm not certain on this, but I suspect that captioning is handled by XBMC itself and not by the add-on. If I'm right, you need to put this into feature requests for XBMC. I haven't even tested this, so I don't know whether XBMC supports captions or not.

(2014-05-28, 12:27)Phoenex Wrote: While I consider this add on to be a noble idea, the lack of closed caption or subtitles for live and recorded TV is a complete deal breaker. Captioning is not just for the deaf, but for even for those with slight hearing impairment, language barriers, illiterate and to help with child learning disabilities. Would you please consider adding full captioning support with live and recorded .wtv file?
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
Right. The fact that captions are not implemented in live tv streams is on us, but its up to xbmc to enable captions on saved wtv files. Do captions work for you with wtv in xbmc?
I looked into this a while ago and the big issue seems to be that there are many different standards for subtitles/closed captions. Eg here in australia i think the captions are some sort of bastardisation on top of/using "teletext" whereas that isnt the case globally.

I do see in my ServerWMC logs that I have a MS-CAPTION stream which the remuxer drops since it isnt video or audio. I also saw that krusty had already implemented 2 config settings as to whether to include 2 different caption stream types in the remuxing output, both default to false but presumably if you set them to true, those streams will then be passed through to the TS output. But I suspect it isnt this easy, and this wont result in XBMC displaying them. Worth a try though. As krusty says, for recordings, the captions are as WMC records them in the WTV file so XBMC needs to support that. Last I heard, XBMC doesnt display the captions on WTV files therefore it's something that has to be taken up with XBMC itself, rather than the PVR backend.

Does anyone know if any PVR backends do have caption support? It's more academic rather than useful though, since if those backens arent producing WTV and TS files, it doesnt help us anyhow...

These are the config.xml settings anyway

<RemuxCaptionsCC>False</RemuxCaptionsCC>
<RemuxCaptionsDVB>False</RemuxCaptionsDVB>
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I did some playing around with the caption streams a while back and found out how to determine the types that ms embeds. There are two (maybe three) types. There is DVB, which I think is more like how a dvd does captions. Then there are teletext and cc, and I am not sure if ms makes a distinction between these. I made it so the remux can distinguish them, but they didn't seem to work - at least for me they didn't. And if they don't work, they aren't worth muxing because it slows the remux down slightly to send them out. It will definitely take some work to figure out how to get this implemented, but I agree that it's important if xbmc supports it.
I apologize if this has already been requested or is an issue for XBMC proper, but I'd like the ability to search several days of TV listings while only pulling a day or so on my EPG. I run this on my Amazon Fire TV where it works great except that if I set the EPG to longer than a day or so, it takes a very long time to load. However, if I shorten the EPG, I am limited in my search returns. This is a minor annoyance if I want to, say, record a show that's airing on a Friday, but I'm looking for it on a Tuesday. Since it seems this program pulls the EPG from WMC, would it be possible to search the listings on WMC and not just what is pulled to XBMC?

Thanks! I really love being able to access so much from one very small box.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1