• 16(current)
Feature Requests
Quite weird for a simple Aussie like me. Even when the same network has 3 channels here, they are just numbered 70 71 and 72, not 7.1 7.2 etc. Never knew there were "decimal" channel numbers out there in other parts, until working on this project Smile And I guess neither did the XBMC developers considering it doesnt handle the numbering haha
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Sorry, didn't notice that you mentioned EPG database earlier. With pvr.wmc enabled I have had hangs/lockups when resetting the databases, never had problems if I disable it first. Maybe it's a problem on my end. Of course this is on a PI so maybe the speed/memory situation is the problem.
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
Ah right, yes well when resetting each database it does cause a full backend reload of channels, recordings, timers and EPG entries... on my system that isnt a big deal as Aussie free to air only has less than 20 channels plus its running on comparably more powerful server and client hardware than a Pi... it probably is just a symptom of the Pi working a bit harder with all that data processing
(2014-06-23, 21:52)krustyreturns Wrote: Thanks for the offer kricker. To answer your question, wmc manages the recordings and it stores them in flat directory, it uses metadata to display them as a hierarchical list using the series name as top level. We have xbmc do the same in the live-tv list.

I agree, before we try this code-wise it would be nice to know if LehighBri's idea works (hand edit an nfo anyone?). Also if it does work, I am talking about always adding this to the nfo file, not just adding it if scraping fails - since I can't determine if scraping fails in serverwmc. The other question I have is: if the nfo contains the series/episode data, will xbmc display it with hierarchy even if we maintain the flat directory?
I don't think it will. XBMC expects there to be a tvshow.nfo which gives the details about the series and then each episode has its own .nfo file. With everything in one folder this is not possible. A quick test of some hand created .nfo files will surely reveal if this is possible or not.
(2014-07-17, 06:07)krustyreturns Wrote: Sorry, I remember now, you need to turn off "use backend channel numbers...". If you have this on, xbmc tries to number channels using the backend values but xbmc doesn't do sub channels so you end up losing them all in the epg (confusing right?).

I just confirmed on my laptop that its what is causing your problem. After you turn it off, you need to reset the pvr database like scarecrow and dilligaf said, before you see changes.

Thank you!

That got all my channels showing now!

(in AEON MQ5, no less)

How do you even know what those channels are with names like KYTXDT ?!
Doesn't everyone know what KYTXDT means? Oh that's right, you live in Australia.

But @jp2code, you can experiment with using the service name instead of the call sign (see channel tab). You will probably need to reset the database to see the results (again).
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
@scarecrow: I'm guessing you are being a tad sarcastic. The last part is ignored, so it's just the regular station call sign: KYTX is CBS on 19. It's difficult for my wife to remember, but that's what she gets for not living here all her life. Smile

Thanks Krusty!
I wasnt being entirely sarcastic, I genuinely dont know if that is the name of a broadcaster or just some code. I dont even know what you mean by "CBS on 19". Perhaps it's like Krusty says and you just arent pushing through the service names through to XBMC and are only sending the Call Sign. Personally I would have expected channels to be called like "The History Channel" "Fox News" "CNN Business" etc etc. But as you say, that's just my basic Australian FTA and PayTV experience shining throgh. Although that said I also have travelled in Asia and Europe and found their channels to be generally named well (not confusing codes) even on the cable providers with 100s of channels
Is it possible to pass the thumbnails/movie posters from WMC into the XBMC EPG?
I don't know if this is already possible but does ServerWMC have the ability to allow the PVR client to be able to see recorded tv across multiple hard drives? I have my SSD C: Drive that I don't put any recordings on (just the Win 7 64bit OS). Instead I have two older, larger (non-ssd) SATA drives, each with a recordedtv folder.

Is there a way to create a UNC path in the folders section of ServerWMC that will allow me to see ALL of the recordings with the xbmc pvr client. Right now, it seems as though I can see the correct "number" of recordings for each specific show in the top recorded tv folder on the pvr client. However, on the pvr client when I actually go to the folder containing a particular show the actual recordings are only for one of the two drives (the combined total count for the same show, different episodes, is actually across both drives).

Thanks for your help.
see my response in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1761706
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Client Restriction stops working for me. The only change I made was updating my version of xbmc to 13.2 since the older version kept crashing when watching live tv. I am using a fire tv. I did not touch anything in the server side.
Krusty / Scarecrow, is there anyway when using the EPG guide, when you open the guide it goes to the last channel tuned, not just back to the top?

I know this works if you're still watching the channel, once you open the EPG guide you'll get the current channel you're on but if possible I'd like the guide to return to the last channel tuned (Or would this be a XBMC / Kodi developers request)

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(2014-08-18, 15:02)hoopsdavis Wrote: Krusty / Scarecrow, is there anyway when using the EPG guide, when you open the guide it goes to the last channel tuned, not just back to the top?

I know this works if you're still watching the channel, once you open the EPG guide you'll get the current channel you're on but if possible I'd like the guide to return to the last channel tuned (Or would this be a XBMC / Kodi developers request)
I think this is an issue in Gotham. I believe it is fixed in helix as I asked the developer xhaggi to fix that same bug
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1