• 17(current)
Feature Requests
(2014-08-18, 15:23)Talguy Wrote:
(2014-08-18, 15:02)hoopsdavis Wrote: Krusty / Scarecrow, is there anyway when using the EPG guide, when you open the guide it goes to the last channel tuned, not just back to the top?

I know this works if you're still watching the channel, once you open the EPG guide you'll get the current channel you're on but if possible I'd like the guide to return to the last channel tuned (Or would this be a XBMC / Kodi developers request)
I think this is an issue in Gotham. I believe it is fixed in helix as I asked the developer xhaggi to fix that same bug

Great! Thanks for the heads up Talguy.

Are you currently using the nightly Helix build? If so are you having issues with EPG and Channel screens? I've tried one nightly build but all PVR screens are black, showing nothing

Office: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 50"                         \  Movies: 2734
Master Bedroom: Google TV | Kodi 20.0 | Samsung 43"     \  Music: Artist 220 |  Albums 1001 | Songs 106995
TheaterGoogle TV | Kodi  20.0 | Samsung 75"                    \  TV Shows: 62 |  Seasons 218 | Episodes 3858
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FR - Webpage configuration.
What is the ATSC subtitles situation?
I (like all the others) think this should be an essential feature of this great add-on!
From what I've read around this might be a XBMC issue, and not the add-on
itself, but I am just a user and it looked like a great place to ask that question Wink

Thanks for the great peace of software again!
Thanks. This is definitely on the to do list. Not a simple problem though, but I really want to get this implemented too.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
In WMC, the first time I click FFW >> (Fast Forward), it goes to x2 and I hear people speaking really fast.

In XBMC, it just goes to x2 with no audio.

Would that fall under an XBMC issue or a Feature Request?
(2014-08-29, 20:25)jp2code Wrote: In WMC, the first time I click FFW >> (Fast Forward), it goes to x2 and I hear people speaking really fast.

In XBMC, it just goes to x2 with no audio.

Would that fall under an XBMC issue or a Feature Request?

That would be an XBMC feature request

In fact, it is this particular feature request that was made some time ago http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=10023
FRs...

1. Ability to kill a current stream from the WMCServer GUI.
2. Ability to change the timeshift values (there are reg hacks to do this...# of files and length of each file)
3. See a list of timers and recordings in the GUI and ability to delete them.

John
1. You can do this now on the new tuners tab, hit the reset button on a live stream (far right).
2. If by 'timeshift' you mean the skip forward and skip backward time intervals when watching a stream or wtv, these can be set in the xbmc xml files (the reg values wmc uses are ignored)
3. The GUI you are referring to is the serverwmc gui right? Why would you like to be able to set it there? I have thought about doing this too but wasn't sure how useful it would be. I've also thought about adding epg search there too.
Krusty,

I've noticed XBMC doesn't do well when trying to scroll into the future to select something you want to record. It also doesn't seem to have a good way to delete a recording (not via the remote, anyway).

Is this an XBMC limitation or is it the WMC.Server plug-in doing this?
These things are all in xbmc, not in the pvr addon, as you surmised. In general the way to keep this straight is to remember that we just provide data to the xbmc GUI and take commands from the xbmc gui to feed to the wmc recording service. There are only a couple of exceptions to this.

With that out of the way, I'm not sure what you mean about not being able to select something in the future to record, I can do that fine with my remote (harmony), maybe some more detail would help. Same for deleting recordings, I program a button on my remote to send the 'c' key to xbmc, this brings up the context menu then I select delete recording.
Krusty,

Recently I have been playing around with different OS builds for the Hummingboard/Cubox-i systems and they are amazing when compared to the raspberry pi. Other than a few minor hiccups between builds, the only major problem I have with them is the current lack of 1080i de-interlacing. I was wondering if it were possible to de-interlace the video stream during remux on the server before it gets to the client?
Hi Immortal,

Its been a long time, great to see you back! The remuxing is really just a repackaging of the wtv file data, something as complicated as de-interlacing is way beyond its scope. We talk about sandwiching a transcode engine in there someday as a an enhancement and it would be possible then, but that's not there yet obviously. Mediabrowser clients can do this now with serverwmc, I don't know if that's an option for you.

I don't understand why xbmc can't de-interlace in this system since it does on every other (right?), I guess I would start there.
(2014-09-18, 17:49)krustyreturns Wrote: Hi Immortal,

Its been a long time, great to see you back! The remuxing is really just a repackaging of the wtv file data, something as complicated as de-interlacing is way beyond its scope. We talk about sandwiching a transcode engine in there someday as a an enhancement and it would be possible then, but that's not there yet obviously. Mediabrowser clients can do this now with serverwmc, I don't know if that's an option for you.

I don't understand why xbmc can't de-interlace in this system since it does on every other (right?), I guess I would start there.

It's good to be back! Still getting back up to speed with what has changed since the last time I was able to play with my toys. From what I understand this is not a problem with XBMC, as I can de-interlace with the RPi just fine, it seems it is a problem with the IMX6 processor being used on the Cubox-i/Hummingboard. I've been reading the progress on github (https://github.com/xbmc-imx6/xbmc/issues/70) regarding the deinterlacing but it seems it may be a while for a real fix. In all other aspects these boards leave the RPi in the dust, it is just this one little problem that is driving me nuts!
I looked at the thread, looks like there is a lot of activity with some progress. Hopefully they will crack it.
I'm not sure this is even possible but I'll ask anyway. Smile

Is there anyway to incorporate a local XMLTV file into the EPG? The WMC EPG (Zap2It) for my local zip is full of holes. It would be nice if I could fill them in with XMLTV data.

If the "blend" option won't work, how about the option of using only XMLTV?
John
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Feature Requests1