Win Frodo 12.2 Cache buffer increase not working
I'm experiencing some video freezes while streaming higher bitrate content from internet. I've done some research (I used Search button Smile) and found that I need to increase cache buffer size. Howevr this way of cache increase is not working for me.
I followed the instruction and created advancedsettings.xml file. Then I placed it in proper 'users' folder.
However, no matter the amount of memory reservation I put there (50MB, 100MB, 200MB) my XBMC is always caching no more than about 26MB. Even if I put '0' there (which suppose to cache to HDD) there is no change. Cache buffer is full after about 26MB and the following message appears: "cache full before reaching required amount"
I see the cache counter filling-up when playback is paused and 'o' key is pressed (codec info overlay).
I'm streaming video from internet (not from local resources) so cache increase via advancedsettings.xml should work with Frodo.
What I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Can you get us a debug log (wiki) of when you play the file? Also, do you know which exact protocol the file was using? HTTP? WebDAV? FTP? RTMP? If you don't know, no worries, as the log file can tell us that.
Thanks for an immediate response.
I enabled debug log and looked at it it before uploading to you and found the root cause of the problem.

The log says: NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)

The problem was the location of my advancedsettings.xml file.
I'm using Windows7 and I placed it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata
whereas it should be placed here: C:\Users\MyName\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata

While placing it in correct location the cache increase is working correctly.

Thank you anyway. It's working now.
I'm having the same issue, but when trying to follow your suggested path (user/myname/etc) I don't have an Appdata folder at all...should this have been created, or can I just create it myself?
If running windows Vista, 7 or 8 - try going to Start-> Run (or Search - depending on windows version) - Type %AppData% and hit Enter. This should bring up the right location of your AppData folder (Typing the same in the path location bar of any Explorer window should do the same).
From here, go to XBMC folder then userdata folder.

"You have arrived at your location".
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
I also have the exact problem. But I run XBMC on an Android Box (Matricom GBox MX2). I did exactly as above and save the advancedsettings.xml file in the exact location as instructed (Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/). Can someone help?
Cause and/or solution might not be releated to issue in this thread, at all. Please post a thread in the "Android" section.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Frodo 12.2 Cache buffer increase not working0