WIP Call Notifications
(2013-12-17, 23:23)hernandito Wrote:
(2013-12-13, 22:48)wgstarks Wrote: I've read through this thread and I'm still trying to figure out if any extra hardware/connections are required for this to function. I use Time Warner telephone which I have been told is a VoIP system, but I'm not sure if this will work with their equipment?

Hey Buddy,

Sorry for the late post.... I too have TWC... you need a USB modem that is capable of Caller ID... this gets plugged to a Win computer where you have YAC software running. Then the YAC software sends the notices to each XBMC machine that activates the add-on...

This thread has additional info on how to get it all working.... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=133167

Thanks. I'll have to see if I can dig anything up for Mac.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-11-27, 19:44)xbmclinuxuser Wrote: It's actually possible to send call notifications from Asterisk (and probably any other software-based PBX) to XBMC now. I found the information buried in this article and this is an excerpt of the pertinent part:

Quote:If you have XBMC running on a system on your local network, you could use a line such as this to send notifications to it:

In Eden and other Pre-Frodo versions:

exten => ****1122,1,TrySystem(wget -b -O /dev/null -o /dev/null “http://192.168.0.234:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=ExecBuiltIn&parameter=XBMC.Notification(Call%20from%20%22${URIENCODE(${CALLERID(name)})}%22%2C${CALLERID(number)}%20calling%20extension%2C15000%2C%2Fhome%2Fusername%2Fphone.png)”)

In Frodo and later versions:

exten => ****1122,n,TrySystem(wget -b -O /dev/null -o /dev/null “http://192.168.0.234:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22GUI.ShowNotification%22,%22params%22:{%22title%22:%22Call%20from%20${URIENCODE(${CALLERID(name)})}%22,%22message%22:%22${CALLERID(number)}%20calling%20extension%22,%22displaytime%22:15000,%22image%22:%22%2Fhome%2Fusername%2Fphone.png%22},%22id%22:1}”)

Note that each of the above is a single long line, and to see either line in its entirety you will need to copy and paste it to a text editor. The above examples assume that XBMC is configured to allow control via a Web interface, at a fixed IP address and port (192.168.0.234 port 8080 in this example). If you happen to still have a Linux version of Boxee, the Eden version line might also work with it, perhaps with a bit of tweaking. I have no idea if it would work (with appropriate modification) with any other standalone home theater PC equipment. You will likely need to replace username with the user’s name, extension with the called extension’s number, and change the icon path to wherever you put the phone.png file (which is an icon you need to supply, such as the one at the right). Note that the icon path requires %2F in place of forward slashes (therefore %2Fhome%2Fusername%2Fphone.png really means /home/username/phone.png) and this refers to the icon directory and filename — if you choose not to use an icon then leave that part out, along with the %2C that comes just before it (or in the Frodo version, leave out this part:
,%22image%22:%22%2Fhome%2Fusername%2Fphone.png%22
Note the comma at the start; it must be included in the deleted section).

If you try to use one of the lines above, change the quotation marks back to regular plain ones, rather than the enhanced ones that are shown in this post, otherwise they won't work.

Note that the extension ****1122 refers to a technique the author used to make this work in FreePBX as explained in the original article - in basic Asterisk you'd just use the extension number. Also, the phone icon mentioned is this:

See the original article for more information, but keep in mind that it was aimed at FreePBX users so if you are using basic Asterisk, there are probably instructions there that don't apply to you.

(Edited to include change made by blog's author after I pointed out an error, and additional changes for Frodo)

I have never tried this plugin and what i quoted above never worked for me neither. The description below is working without the plugin from thread 1.
I have asterisk 11.10.0, freepbx 2.11.0.30 running and installed on a raspberry pi with raspbx and also on centos6.5, including incrediblepbx 4.11.4 and pbxinalfash scripts. This should work with any form of asterisk, freepbx, xbmc (I'm using latest gotham)
first I needed superfecta, got it from here: http://pbxossa.org/files/superfecta/ grabbed the latest version
installed it via the freepbx interface without compressing

freepbx webinterface-->admin-->module administration-->upload modules-->choose the superfecta archive&upload-->manage local modules-->CID superfecta-->install

freepbx webinterface-->admin-->CID superfecta-->Default caller ID Scheme-->enable "send to xbmc" data source-->click on "send to xbmc" and configure: hosts (your xbmc IP), port, username, password etc. (make sure in your xbmc you have enabled the http interface and port, username, password are the same-->submit

scroll down and now you need to enter in "CID Prefix URL" the following(without quotes and 192.168.2.10:8080 should be adjusted to your xbmc ip and port):
"http://192.168.2.10:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22GUI.ShowNotification%22,%22params%22:{%22title%22:%22Call%20from%20[thenumber]%22,%22message%22:%22[thenumber]%20calling%20extension%22,%22displaytime%22:15000},%22id%22:1}"

when trying to paste that link into the CID Prefix URL in the freepbx webinterface it kept on being cut off early, some limit on the text box. I had in my browser a web developer extension installed (http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/) and selected "Forms-->Remove Maxium Length" and then it let me copy the whole link into the box.
After that hit "agree and save" and that's it. Next time you receive a call you will see a pop up with the number in your xbmc Smile
Is this plugin known to work with Gotham?
I'm using it with both windows based and openelec xbmc, and have all the settings correct, but I'm not getting any ncid popups on either.
I have lots of other ncid services running on different devices, and the xbmc plugins are the only ones that are giving me trouble.
Is there any way to debug it? I see the option, but don't know what that does
Thanks!
(2014-06-30, 03:03)DoctorPhish Wrote: Is this plugin known to work with Gotham?
I'm using it with both windows based and openelec xbmc, and have all the settings correct, but I'm not getting any ncid popups on either.
I have lots of other ncid services running on different devices, and the xbmc plugins are the only ones that are giving me trouble.
Is there any way to debug it? I see the option, but don't know what that does
Thanks!

If you install Superfecta 2.11.14 module it's really easy, no copy-pasting. You simply enable the send to XBMC feature, enter your IP of the media centre, the port/username/password according to your XBMC web settings, select Frodo (even on Gotham as it's only looking if JSON or not, Frodo like Gotham is JSON so that's fine), then submit. Worked out the box for me.

Only bug is (and I've asked a question on another forum about this) the module has options to pause playback and how long to display notifications. No matter what these are set to (I'd like a five second display and not pause playback for instance), the playback always pauses and the display only lasts about three seconds. But we're getting there, considering the two minutes it took me to get this working it's well worth a shot if you have Asterisk at home.
This is excellent.

Cheers
it works great, if xbmc system is on

however if the xbmc machine is off it spends alot of time before timing out
even though in the sources file its set to timeout after 0.5 seconds (default time)
this causes the call to not complete and caller gets a fast busy

who do i report this to?
I tried for about an hour to get this script to work again under Helix. In the end there are just too many old dependencies, I fixed all the core one's to this service, but the "script.twisted" it passes most of the string stuff off to is too much (hundreds of scripts, full of classes and I don't do python anyway).

Any other alternatives for Linux? (I tried mgetty and calling a script to make a json notification, but mgetty either wants to answer the call and display the caller id or nothing) NCID is working, but it lacks the ability to do a simple script call and with this script abandoned now I see no other way to use NCID. .
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Hello.
I'm using Gotham. I installed the zip and got a message that it was installed, but I can't find where to access the add-on settings. Which category does this addon fall under? I would assume Services, but I'm stumped.

Thanks for any help
ef
Photo 
I've set up Yac on my desk computer and this addon on the media computer (running OpenElec with Gotham) but am having trouble getting notifications to actually show up in XBMC. I enabled the Yac listener in the Yac tab, but it just isn't displaying any notifications from the Yac server. I did test to make sure that the Yac server is functioning properly by setting up another Yac client on the network, and everything is fine there. Any ideas as to why the XBMC listener isn't working?
Does this addon work with W7 Caller ID?
I have just installed this on isengard. Reporting my experience, FWIW.

Downloaded the zip from github. Install failed citing inability to find the CallListenerClients. I unzipped, rearranged the components putting the required bits in the same directory with service.py and it worked. I don't work much with python, so maybe the failure was owing to some stupidity on my part regarding python and import, but this kludge worked.

My next problem was with caller id strings containing ',' (my cell reports itself as "Longmont,Co"). The invocation of the Notification builtin was constructed without quotes around the caller name message string - so the comma in there created an additional parameter: instead of
XBMC.Notification("Longmont,Co is calling!", 3035551212, 10000, path/to/icon-ring.png)
it was constructed as
XBMC.Notification(Longmont,Co is calling!, 3035551212, 10000, path/to/icon-ring.png)
so naturally the display of the notice was messed up, displaying the "name" as Longmont, and the "number" as "Co is calling!".

Easy fix on the call to xbmc.exectutebuiltin to surround the string with double quotes.
FWIW, I can confirm following the steps posted by @woodhook also worked for me. -> copying/moving the files in resources/lib/ to the same dir as service.py, and re-zipping, then installing new .zip as kodi plugin worked.
Is this still being developed? I have NCID server running on a PI. I have installed an NCID app on my android phone to verify it works. I was looking for an add-on that will run in KODI. I have Kodi running on x86 Linux and windows and Openelec running on Raspberry Pi2 and x86. I have followed the above instructions but can't get it running on my Kodi installs.

Here is my setup;
whole home dvr running in RP2 now has a working install of NCID with a Linux friendly USB modem attached. It has been tested and is working

I want;
a Kodi add on for multiple platforms that will throw up the incoming call info.
I got it working by going to storage/.kodi/addons/service.script.call-notifications-0.5.3/service.py Since I can't have a YAK server on my Openelec install I commented out line 10 that call for the YAK server and all is good.
Is this add on no longer viable for current versions of Kodi (LibreELEC in my case)?

I have a working YAC server on a Windows headless machine in my utility room, but this add-on is not hearing the messages from it...

Cheers,

RLW

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Call Notifications2