Why am I losing sound/why does my speaker turn off when my TV is turned off?
Hi,

I have this setup:

As you can see, I have split my HDMI output from my PC so that I can send one signal to my TV, and the other to my soundbar. For the most part, my setup seems to work apart from the fact that when I turn off and back on again, sound doesn't work. I have to restart my PC in order to get sound back. Note that turning off just puts my PC to sleep, so that I can turn it back on with the remote.

The other thing I'm terribly confused about is this: when I turn my TV off, my soundbar turns off by itself. Can anyone explain why this is happening? It's making it awfully hard to program my universal remote and I suspect it may have something to do with my other problem (loss of sound) too.

UPDATE: I tried just putting my media center to sleep without turning anything else off, and then waking it back up. Sound does not work here either, even though the system's audio settings are still correct. Is this a known bug or something?

Thanks
For anyone following in my footsteps: this was due to HDMI's CEC standard, which allows one device to tell another to turn on/off. I disabled this on my TV and now this issue is resolved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why am I losing sound/why does my speaker turn off when my TV is turned off?0