Disable fullscreen player?
Is there a way to disable player fullscreen mode?

I have two reasons to do so:
1. Replace standart (skin) player controls with my own.
2. Show only a part of video picture using videowindow scaling and offscreen positioning. The video picture consists of 4 mosaic quadrants, and I need to show only one at once.

I use xbmcgui.WindowXML interface to show a custom UI with player controls and number of videowindow controls for each video view. Playback started using xbmc.Player(url, item, windowed=True).

Everything works fine except that click on videowindow control leads to show fullscreen player with controls from current skin.
Debugging window events doesn't help. I tried to place image control over videowindow ones hoping it will catch their events, but still no luck.
Hi vkosh,
Can you tell me how to replace standard skin player control?
I also have a videowindow to show preview of a view while displaying other data. But when a video is played, both is diaplayed (full screen mode and my videowindow). Do you know how I can disable the full screen mode? Surfing the web did not give me answer to this. :/
Hi Totzok,
You can use WindowXML with screen width and height. It will overlap fullscreen video window. As for disabling switching to fullscreen from windowed video you can try to place button control with transparent texture over videowindow control. I think it will catch clicks, so the switching will not occur.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disable fullscreen player?0