3D SBS video in 13 alpha 9 shows as 4 small screens
so i installed the new monthly release alpha 9 of 13.0 and its all about the 3D support for me, on the mac iPad, iPhone it runs perfectly ( meaning it just duplicates the menu but the video is the same, so if i airplay mirror into apple tv2 it shows perfect 3D with the menus and subtitles.

but in the install done on ATV2 it duplicates the video as well as the menus and subtitles, so when you activate the 3D mode in the TV it shows the video in SBS formate and not as a 3D movie.

i couldn't find any support in the form and i really need your help guys...
debug log (wiki)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82982449/xbmc.log
If you set stereomode to none (which will result in rendering 2d UI) - does the movie show correctly then?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
when you set it to none it shows as it does in the 12.2 version and thats just a SBS video in a single UI

in short when 3d(SBS) is on it shows 4 movie pictures and 2 UIs and when its off it shows 2 movie Pictures and one UI, the option seems to duplicate all the layers of the UI including the movie it self

see photos below
Sounds like XBMC isn't detecting the format of that movie. Play it with SBS enabled - then go into the video osd and force it to be SBS.
Actually when i start the movie it asks for the mode of play i need (preferred mode(none), mono (2d), Same as movie (SBS), Alternative mode... ) which makes me think its detecting its a 3d movie, I have a collection of more that 50 movies from 20GB to 1.4 GB and all suffer the same fate as the description above.

i tried all possible setting combination in the Video Setting screen ( SBS included) and nothing seem to do the trick, I'm thinking this may be an issue with XBMC it self :S
Yes of Course it is...
no I mean something wrong with the version written for ATV2 cause the same movies are working perfectly on iPad and Mac versions of the same alpha 9. i am new her memphis and i see you're a developer, is the 3D part of your work or is it someone else's ?
Someone elses - but i am in contact with him - fact is - ios implementation for idevices and atv2 are identical when it comes to Rendering - so no idea yet what this difference is Caused by.
have you guys tested it out on an atv2 or only on other iOS devices? do you think i should reformat the whole thing and reinstall it? orr if you have other suggestions to solve this issue.
Same was reported for android. I really don't get why this should work on idevices but not on atv2. IIRC nobody tested this on atv2 yet. ( i mean from the team...)
reinstalling xbmc on the atv2 won't do anything for you.
Hey Guys just wanted to check if this was solved in the new monthly build?
no ... this needs a dev with gles knowledge and none is around atm ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D SBS video in 13 alpha 9 shows as 4 small screens0