Bug opensubtitles addon and greek language
(2013-12-08, 13:16)Shanyel Wrote: Hello Amet

I've updated Opensubtitles.org to the latest and its still give me No Subtitles Found (when obviously there are)

I'm searching both English and Hebrew.
I tried different file names and it wont find in any case

Also - any chances adding search by parent folder into the search algorithm?
thanks!!

Debug Log please

as for the "search by parent folder", we have left that out intentionally to keep settings to a minimum. I'll discuss it internally and see what can be done, but in theory if movie/show is added to the library there is no need to use parent folder, and XBMC is all about library Smile
(2013-12-09, 14:49)amet Wrote:

I've updated Opensubtitles.org to the latest and its still give me No Subtitles Found (when obviously there are)

thanks!!

debug log please

as for the "search by parent folder", we have left that out intentionally to keep settings to a minimum. I'll discuss it internally and see what can be done, but in theory if movie/show is added to the library there is no need to use parent folder, and XBMC is all about library Smile

thanks
have some issues with installing the log uploader add-on, add on repository is down and manually I get 'Dependencies not met...'

anyway as for folder, I got use to arrange my library as it makes it cleaned. I always found that searching the partner folder name (which is exact movie name) makes the search more efficient. It is a really nice feature.

thanks

thanks!!

debug log please

Hi Amet

log attached - http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=95266

thanks
(2013-12-09, 18:24)Shanyel Wrote:

thanks!!

debug log please

Hi Amet

thanks

Hi,

it works for me with Hebrew and English(US) settings, see here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1935...6%20PM.png

it correctly recognizes languages set and I get results from OS database

EDIT: I see now, ### [OSUtilities] - Search String [ '+ ] , that means that your search string is not set correctly. Is that movie in database?
(2013-12-10, 17:31)amet Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 18:24)Shanyel Wrote:
(2013-12-09, 14:49)amet Wrote: debug log please

Hi Amet

thanks

Hi,

it works for me with Hebrew and English(US) settings, see here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1935...6%20PM.png

it correctly recognizes languages set and I get results from OS database

EDIT: I see now, ### [OSUtilities] - Search String [ '+ ] , that means that your search string is not set correctly. Is that movie in database?

Nope...
The movies are on SMB shared folder. I tried also on a local folder.
I searched again now and it found subtitles, so its strange....
if its not in XBMC database chances are you will not find subs for it as the search string is generated from title info label
(2013-12-10, 17:58)amet Wrote: if its not in XBMC database chances are you will not find subs for it as the search string is generated from title info label

Sorry meant it is in the DB of course, the file itself is located on SMB shared folder.

I first added the file into XBMC movies and once played search for subtitles.

Anyway it is working now, so dont know what the problem was...
Im on atv2 and iPad 2 frodo and I am can't be more happy the way it has been the last years. Just bought an Nexus 7 to check out Xbmc on Android and best working versions are Gotham Nightlies. So I just found out you are changing to way Subtitles gonna be provided in xbmc. I understand the your point of view from simplify perspective. But leaving out the Manual Add Search String will be a huge huge miss! And I think I speak for many users. Don't forget many people use xbmc for streaming from addons and you know the titles string in those addons are 99% wrong. And by saying that the people who post those titles must use proper strings is just.... don't forget the users that rely on subtitles when streaming content from addons. please! I now have huge doubts on updating my other devices when a stable release will drop for Gotham without this feature. the.
(2013-12-29, 17:14)Lestercity Wrote: Im on atv2 and iPad 2 frodo and I am can't be more happy the way it has been the last years. Just bought an Nexus 7 to check out Xbmc on Android and best working versions are Gotham Nightlies. So I just found out you are changing to way Subtitles gonna be provided in xbmc. I understand the your point of view from simplify perspective. But leaving out the Manual Add Search String will be a huge huge miss! And I think I speak for many users. Don't forget many people use xbmc for streaming from addons and you know the titles string in those addons are 99% wrong. And by saying that the people who post those titles must use proper strings is just.... don't forget the users that rely on subtitles when streaming content from addons. please! I now have huge doubts on updating my other devices when a stable release will drop for Gotham without this feature. the.

you are spamming, there is no need to cross post as we heard you the first time.

I suggest you re-read the threads you posted in as the solution exists, I will however think about it one more time as it basically only serves to manually search for subs when using 1channel and the other pirated addons and thats due to addon developers being too lazy(or clueless) to code it properly. since I dont give 2 shits about those addons and people that use them I see no reason to add it, only other reason is as my friend jurrabi pointed out, to support specials.
Can i also ask a question is there a way to save the subtitles in the ("movie".srt) format and not in the ("movie"."lang".srt) format ? thanks in advance
Hi Amet. In Kodi 15 RC1 + 2 OpenSubtitles Still not displaying greek subs. I saw your fix above but I don't understand where to put it (I am using Kodi in Windows). It Used to work fine in Kodi 14.2. I am also finding Greek subs in other add-ons, but since Opensubtitles is my favorite I am hoping for a solution. Thank you
(2015-07-14, 11:15)akaz Wrote: Hi Amet. In Kodi 15 RC1 + 2 OpenSubtitles Still not displaying greek subs. I saw your fix above but I don't understand where to put it (I am using Kodi in Windows). It Used to work fine in Kodi 14.2. I am also finding Greek subs in other add-ons, but since Opensubtitles is my favorite I am hoping for a solution. Thank you

same here. In kodi 15 (in windows, rpi2 osmc) searching for only for greek subs returns all languages that exists for that media.
Weird is that if i search for a second language along with greek it returns only the second language.

I have already try with the updated version from github (5.0.12), but problem is still there.
Working with no problems in kodi 14

Tell me if you need logs please.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
opensubtitles addon and greek language1