Black Levels Terrible on XBMC
I gave it another try, and tested all 4 combinations:

- Driver Full and XBMC Limited is the one to go. It does not clip the below 16 or above 235 and shows no grayscale banding.
- Driver Limited and XBMC Full requires the same TV settings (brightness/contrast) to give similar results, but cranking up the brightness shows, that below 16 and above 235 are gone, grayscales are also showing banding.
- Both on Full eliminates all gray in the white range (220-235) even at contrast = 0, it also requires are high brightness setting to get reference black at 16.
- Both on Limited clips BTB and WTW needs a very low brightness setting to get 17 to be gray.

Thanks to the XBMC team to finally have made me happy, without Gotham this wouldn't have been possible!
Now I can obsess about color tuning as I found the grayscale to be a little greenish.
Are there any tips on how to achieve a good result with minimal effort?
Hello fellows,

I don't want to post my issue directly here since, whilst it is related to poor blacks, it is really about washed blacks only when using DXVA2 acceleration in Gotham + Intel HD4600 + PC Monitor. Nonetheless if any developer with knowledge in this area could please give me a hand with the following thread I'd be most grateful:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1730800

EDIT: nevermind, issue fixed here, and thanks to anyone who might have looked into this.
Best,

capfuturo

"The world must learn to work together, or finally it will not work at all" - General Eisenhower
So now I'm trying to use Intel graphics on Ubuntu and I see this stuff about Broadcast RGB and needing to turn it on, but I don't know how to do that. I attempted using a setting in xorg.conf called "BROADCAST_RGB" "1" which I found referenced somewhere and that is now not used according to Xorg.0.log.

So how do I go about setting it up so that xrandr will run this every time? That I can't figure out. How do I determine what display I'm dealing with? I do my administration by logging in via ssh and xrandr won't run there since it can't open the display. I was able to generate an xorg.conf file but so far it's been useless for me for this setting. Can someone provide me their xrandr command and tell me where they put it so I can try that?
I spent over 1 week getting my 24TB highend HTPC with XBMC and professional to calibrate my dedicated HT room from video to sound correctly. On my HTPC with nvidia video card is set to FULL RANGE, XMBC set to limited than it goes into my Marantz AV Receiver than out into my Sony 4K projector.
(2014-06-29, 07:30)KeithLM Wrote: So now I'm trying to use Intel graphics on Ubuntu and I see this stuff about Broadcast RGB and needing to turn it on, but I don't know how to do that. I attempted using a setting in xorg.conf called "BROADCAST_RGB" "1" which I found referenced somewhere and that is now not used according to Xorg.0.log.

So how do I go about setting it up so that xrandr will run this every time? That I can't figure out. How do I determine what display I'm dealing with? I do my administration by logging in via ssh and xrandr won't run there since it can't open the display. I was able to generate an xorg.conf file but so far it's been useless for me for this setting. Can someone provide me their xrandr command and tell me where they put it so I can try that?

When you SSH in DISPLAY is not set. So try
Code:
DISPLAY=:0 xrandr (then the rest of your parameters)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Black Levels Terrible on XBMC0