OS X Gotham - true full screen gives a blank view
First of all, please tell me if this is the wrong thread to post Gotham issues. I couldn't find any better place, on that note I think the support and development forum should have subsections for each major release.

Anyway, disabling "Use a fullscreen window rather then true fullscreen" results in a black/blank view on Mac/Mavericks.

You can re-enable this setting in guisettings.xml with <fakefullscreen>true</fakefullscreen>.
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
Known issue. Can't be fixed (it works on snow leopard but not on newer OSX versions) as it is a flaw in libsdl. In the future we will get rid of sdl completly which will likly fix this issue (might be that true fullscreen won't be there then - but the "normal" fullscreen mode which is supported in osx versions newer then lion).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Small check on OS could hide the option from the settings panel. Average joe doesn't like spitting in the xml guisettings to undo it..
OS Version checks are not supported in our new settings system atm. I could hide it for osx in general if you prefer that.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
Yes, that would be good.
Aha - and what with the users who are using 10.6 and after gotham release will blame me for removing that option?
Ok I see your point. Could you put it in a startup routine where you configure the settings panel to show or hide the option based on the OS X version?
Settings are dynamically fetched from this:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ttings.xml

and for osx they are overridden were needed here (ios/atv2/osx):

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...darwin.xml

and here (osx specific):

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...in_osx.xml

So if you really care - you can edit those for you - but i since you know the problem now already i don't think it makes much sense. And there is not much feedback for this "flaw" at all here.

So what do i do with those issues? I just forget about them because there are real problems which hit more people.
And no one will blame you! Thanks for the clarifications.
Why not amend the on-screen help to say "not for osx 10.? or later" ?
(2014-03-22, 11:21)Gigantur Wrote: Why not amend the on-screen help to say "not for osx 10.? or later" ?

We might be able to do that for just Mac OS X. I think...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham - true full screen gives a blank view0