[WIP] SiO2-X - Gotham

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
..coming soon..

[Image: icon.png]

with customizable backgrounds , improved views & a few more changes.
many thanks to Scrolling for helping me polishing it.

[Image: homescreen.jpg]

You can test it

HERE

this will need a few plugins to work 100%:

SKIN WIDGETS : Download from Official Xbmc.Org Repository.
CINEMA EXPERIENCE : Download from Offical Xbmc.Org Repository.
  • Customizable Backgrounds
  • Listing of 3D content from HomeScreen(1)
  • Fully Integrated Support for CINEMA EXPERIENCE, even from shelf.
  • OnShelf RECENT ITEMS and RECOMMENDED Items.
  • Customizable Home Menu. Add Your custom link to any SCRIPT, ADD-ON or FAVOURITE.
  • Wheater Forecast on Home Page and Temperature always showing.

(1) Content naming must be done according to XBMC rules for 3D automatic identification -- i.e. Must Contain the word "3D" Big Grin

ChangeLOg:
* Added Option to show Apple trailers Folders on shelf as a 3rd option >Recent >InProgress >Trailers

* Added Update Library option in Submenu for Media Sources
* New Picture view, now showing infos for pictures and a big preview.
* More Icons available for customization of home menu
* Next Aired Script Support (limited to poster view)
* Bigger Fonts for TimeLine View (PVR)
* Cosmetic fixes in PVR
* Recordings now shown on shelf when LiveTV icon is selected

* New Methods for shelf Items
* 2 new favourites in home menu which are able to fill shelf items
* All Favourites fill shelf items if they are nodes or Playlists (requires modded script.favourites)

* Subtitle now showing filename for better search
* 'local subtitles available' string now showing correctely
* added CDart support

* New Font
* Cosmetics
* Back to old settings layout
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-21 02:02 by fastcolors.)
find quote
swetoast Offline
Sweet looking forward to that since im running a gothman build on one of my rpi
find quote
TomFreeloader Offline
Nice!
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
feedbacks are welcome!!
find quote
VelvetKevorkian Offline
I'm running it on The Little Black Box, looks fine so far and it's running smooth, i really dig the Sio2View for movies and music artists. Smile

How do i change the view to resemble the screenshot you posted above?
My background is simply black with white font.

The only thing i don't like so far is the virtual keyboard:
I can't push "up" when i'm on the top row so that the cursor appears on the bottom row,
e.g. i have to push down and right several times to get from the letter "a" to "DONE", which is'nt very convenient.
The best virtual keyboard i've seen so far is in the Metropolis skin, the alignment of the buttons is nearly perfect.
But that's a minor issue.
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-12-07 16:10)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:  I'm running it on The Little Black Box, looks fine so far and it's running smooth, i really dig the Sio2View for movies and music artists. Smile

Thanks, and SiO2View alongside others is getting revamped, more colorful and with extra features. Smile

(2013-12-07 16:10)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:  How do i change the view to resemble the screenshot you posted above?
My background is simply black with white font.

Good news Wink if you grab the latest version it comes with the above looks as default Smile (download zip from github)

(2013-12-07 16:10)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:  The only thing i don't like so far is the virtual keyboard:
I can't push "up" when i'm on the top row so that the cursor appears on the bottom row,
e.g. i have to push down and right several times to get from the letter "a" to "DONE", which is'nt very convenient.

I will probably add this soon.

(2013-12-07 16:10)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:  The best virtual keyboard i've seen so far is in the Metropolis skin, the alignment of the buttons is nearly perfect.
But that's a minor issue.

onscreen kb is always gonna be a personal thing and the best one is yet to be decided, but I will look at how the metropolis one is and see if I can get some "inspiration".
(This post was last modified: 2014-04-10 01:48 by fastcolors.)
find quote
VelvetKevorkian Offline
thx for that, i'll upgrade to the git version Smile
find quote
privado Offline
Will you re-add the skin settings "lock" like sio2 and will there be a frodo friendly version ?
(This post was last modified: 2013-12-30 01:35 by privado.)
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2013-12-29 00:42)privado Wrote:  Will you re-add the skin settings "lock" like sio2 and will there be a frodo friendly version ?

probably not a frodo version, but there is a "similar skin" i did "in between" I can get you and it works with frodo... but it is "as is" no support.

the lock feature has been disabled, because it violates the xbmc rules to get included in official repo. But it seems that the setting will be locked by XBMC itself in the "near" future...

fingers crossed.
find quote
nitewulf Offline
Thanks for all the hard work on this. It is my favorite skin because of the simplicity of the layout. I also love that what you can customize the menus with has been expanded. I was excited to see that i could now add favorites to 'Music' which allows me to add Pandora directly there instead of having it on the Home screen.

I upgraded today and I've been testing and have noticed a couple things:

1. Menu text is not always lined up with its container. For example, when i click on 'Live TV' a menu pops up asking me to select EPG, Recording, and Timer. That text is off to the right outside of the grey container box it should be in.
2. The font used in the EPG timeline is very hard to read, it blends in with the background and looks fuzzy. (Other than that I love the layout, its the best EPT timeline GUI i've seen. The red line showing the current time is a nice touch.)
3. My 3D playlist is no longer being recognized by the '3D Movies' on the home screen. I've verified that the playlist is named 3D still and that it does find my 3D movies.
4. Under Setting | General Settings, the menu on the left is being overlapped by the XBMC and your icons which i think should be over on the right side.
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-01-18 18:10)nitewulf Wrote:  3. My 3D playlist is no longer being recognized by the '3D Movies' on the home screen. I've verified that the playlist is named 3D still and that it does find my 3D movies.

Hi,
I uploaded some fixes (got rid af centerx which is not working and rolled back to old way)

as for 3D selection, is now done differently. get this plugin from my github

https://github.com/fastcolors/plugin.3d.content

and everything should go back to normal (working at least... normal is a big word :Wink )

Thanks.
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-01-18 18:10)nitewulf Wrote:  2. The font used in the EPG timeline is very hard to read, it blends in with the background and looks fuzzy. (Other than that I love the layout, its the best EPT timeline GUI i've seen. The red line showing the current time is a nice touch.)

try now. just updated.
find quote
nitewulf Offline
The 3D plugin works great, nice not needing to have a separate play list. Not sure if this is a bug or maybe just not implemented yet, but the side menu to filter, change view, etc is not there for 3D Movies.

Everything else looks awesome!
find quote
joncl Offline
I did the core upgrade the other day with the Frodo version of the skin and I must say it still worked very well after the upgrade and look forward to upgrading to this version now ..
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-01-19 22:29)nitewulf Wrote:  The 3D plugin works great, nice not needing to have a separate play list. Not sure if this is a bug or maybe just not implemented yet, but the side menu to filter, change view, etc is not there for 3D Movies.

Everything else looks awesome!

Yes, the 3d page is still in progress, tryin' to figure out if I can show the results in normal movie view... bear with me Wink As You pointed out this way is easyier since everything you put in a folder containing the words "3D" or that has "3D" in it's filename, it's now automatically picked up.

(2014-01-20 03:46)joncl Wrote:  I did the core upgrade the other day with the Frodo version of the skin and I must say it still worked very well after the upgrade and look forward to upgrading to this version now ..

Thanks.
find quote