[WIP] SiO2-X - Gotham

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Votes - 5 Average
Mubbled Offline
Love this skin. Only challenge I've had is with Subtitles. The "download" doesn't appear to work and doesn't show any progress. If I go to settings and choose "Select Subtitle Add-on" - nothing happens. The Lyrics Add-on menu item does.

I think the team changed the way the subtitle plugin works in XBMC as it took me a while to configure things up. Confluence works well so I have to swap skins for subtitles..

hth.

-M
find quote
Cee604 Offline
Is there anyway I get the extracted Textures.xbt from the Frodo version of SiO2-X?

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-17 03:35 by Cee604.)
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-02-02 07:20)Mubbled Wrote:  Love this skin. Only challenge I've had is with Subtitles. The "download" doesn't appear to work and doesn't show any progress. If I go to settings and choose "Select Subtitle Add-on" - nothing happens. The Lyrics Add-on menu item does.

I think the team changed the way the subtitle plugin works in XBMC as it took me a while to configure things up. Confluence works well so I have to swap skins for subtitles..

hth.

-M

you on frodo or gotham?

(2014-02-17 03:35)Cee604 Wrote:  Is there anyway I get the extracted Textures.xbt from the Frodo version of SiO2-X?

Thanks

not sure I understand the question...

you can "only" get the extracted textures...
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-18 21:15 by fastcolors.)
find quote
Cee604 Offline
(2014-02-18 21:14)fastcolors Wrote:  not sure I understand the question...

you can "only" get the extracted textures...

I am modifying the SiO2-X 0.1.2 (Frodo) just for fun and I need the textures extracted. The ones on your Github are for SiO2-X Gotham.
find quote
Hinkel Offline
Sorry, my English is not so good, congratulations for your work, this is my favorite skin, only one thing, the OSD buttons do not appear well focused, so I had to modify the icons (. Png) in "seekbar and musicOSD" by the other skins, but I wish that the original had more contrast. Thank you.
find quote
nitewulf Offline
I'm curious about the mentioned plugins that the skin needs: Skin Widgets. I've done some searching through the forum and it looks like its possible to create custom playlists and then bind that to a slot on the skin. I saw someone make one for "Kids Movies" in the Aeon Nox skin.

Can a smart playlist be bound in the same way to the home screen in one of the Favorites or Add On spots? Or are Skin Widgets something different?
find quote
glypto Offline
How can I install this skin on Gotham? Do I have to download zip from GitHub and install addon from zip?
Thanks
find quote
nitewulf Offline
1. shut down xbmc
2. download the zip from GitHub and extract it to %AppData%/XBMC/addons (check to make sure you don't have nested skin.sio2x-master folders, when you look inside the folder you should see a bunch of other folders and files)
3. start xbmc and you'll see the new skin available to change to
find quote
glypto Offline
Thanks nitewulf,
I have extracted both skin.sio2x-master.zip as well as plugin.3d.content-master.zip in .xbmc/addons. Now I can see the SiO2-X skin, but when I activate it, i get screen with few empty white boxes (skin is then automaticaly reverted to original one).
Am I missing some component/add-on? First poster mentions skin widgets but I don't know where to find them.
find quote
nitewulf Offline
I'm also curious about the skin widgets. On this PC i'm running a fresh install of Beta 1 on a Windows 8.1 x64 machine and the skin and 3d plugin work great without installing any special "skin widgets". What hardware/OS are you using? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot what your seeing. Perhaps fastcolors will be able to help when he sees your post.
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-14 17:38 by nitewulf.)
find quote
glypto Offline
I'm on OpenELEC Beta - Generic x86_64 3.95.1 (Gotham). and I only get white screen with empty white box in the middle - I guess it's the dialogue asking whether I want to keep the new skin, but it only shows as a empty white box.
find quote
gaseous Offline
I am using XBMC on ubuntu-gnome and just updated to Gotham Beta 1 but when choosing SiO2-X, I have exactly the same problem as glypto.

White Screen. White box (greyish border). Nothing more.

It surely is the question whether to keep the skin because if I hit enter it goes back to the old skin. If I hit 'right' and then enter, The white box vanishes. The white background stays.

Any ideas on that?
find quote
sunred Offline
i have the same problem as glypto. i installed it on openelec and got a broken white screen. i even went further and accepted it, although i could not read anything. now i can't find my way back to change skin again.
find quote
gaseous Offline
(2014-03-20 13:51)sunred Wrote:  i have the same problem as glypto. i installed it on openelec and got a broken white screen. i even went further and accepted it, although i could not read anything. now i can't find my way back to change skin again.

just delete the sio2-x-master folder in the addons directory. then the skin is no longer there and openelec will go back to the default.
find quote
sunred Offline
(2014-03-20 13:55)gaseous Wrote:  just delete the sio2-x-master folder in the addons directory. then the skin is no longer there and openelec will go back to the default.
ah, thanks. thats nice. i thought i had to lose all my configurations.
find quote