[WIP] SiO2-X - Gotham - Helix

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
rizjuan1 Offline
(2014-04-16 22:39)fastcolors Wrote:  
(2014-04-16 20:33)rizjuan1 Wrote:  I get "add-on does not have the correct file structure" when trying to install it. The 3dplugin installed fine and I have the latest skin widgets service. I love your work and haven't had a chance to thank you. I've tried several different skins after updating to Gotham but XBMC just seems naked without it. Tongue

P.S. The Mona Lisa portrait during the other night's lunar eclipse made me smile. Cheers.

Edit: Oh yeah I'm using an Android Nightly on an OUYA.

Thank You very much for your kind words.

I'm very sorry people is having hard time installing the skin. I'm doing my best to to fix these issue, and I personally achieved installing (by copying the skin folder - not from XBMC itself) on a couple Cubox-i builds. (unfortunately I don't have a lot of different testing hardware)

I'm trying to get the skin pulled in official Gotham repo, hoping some issues will go away, since they build the correct zip structure and xbt file.

I will also try and put up a testing repository, if anyone has an idea of what could cause the skin not to show properly please feel free to post.

P.S. Glad I made You smile Wink

D'oh. Copying the folder over manually worked like a charm. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Back in business!
find quote
glypto Offline
@rizjuan1, what do you mean by "Copying the folder over manually" ?
I have downloaded skin.sio2x-master.zip from https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2x, extracted it to .xbmc/addons (manually by unzip). Skin then appears in XBMC settings but when I activate it, it doesn't work. Thanks.
find quote
hubutz Offline
Hi there,

was tryining to get that installed via "install from ZIP" but it's telling me that there are dependencys missing. Any idea which one and how to fix that?

Cheers
Ben

PS: Gotham newest beta on OSX.
find quote
lionking15 Offline
Hi

I am trying to install the skin onto my Apple TV via zip file, but it keeps telling me "dependencies not met", I have skin widgets and 3d content installed.

I am using Frodo.

Please can u tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to install it on my apple tv.

Thanks
find quote
VelvetKevorkian Offline
[WIP] SiO2-X - Gotham

That might be the reason why.
find quote
lionking15 Offline
Could u please tell me where to find the frost version ?

Thanks
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-04-20 08:14)glypto Wrote:  @rizjuan1, what do you mean by "Copying the folder over manually" ?
I have downloaded skin.sio2x-master.zip from https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2x, extracted it to .xbmc/addons (manually by unzip). Skin then appears in XBMC settings but when I activate it, it doesn't work. Thanks.

weird... Do You have latest git version? I'm asking because I had to fix a few issues with the skin lately. Also make sure you place the skin in User folder not main xbmc install folder.

(2014-04-22 08:34)hubutz Wrote:  Hi there,

was tryining to get that installed via "install from ZIP" but it's telling me that there are dependencys missing. Any idea which one and how to fix that?

Cheers
Ben

PS: Gotham newest beta on OSX.

install from zip has some issue, my advice for now is to manually copy the skin. Shortly it will be available from either official repo or mine for automatic install... I mainly test on osx with latest gotham and works like a charm.

unzip and copy folder to

/Users/YOUR_MAC_ACCOUNT/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/

hope you'll succeed!!

(2014-04-27 23:04)lionking15 Wrote:  Hi

I am trying to install the skin onto my Apple TV via zip file, but it keeps telling me "dependencies not met", I have skin widgets and 3d content installed.

I am using Frodo.

Please can u tell me what I am doing wrong, and how to install it on my apple tv.

Thanks

FRODO is NOT supported. The skin calls the Gotham version XBMC.GUI . not backward compatible. sorry.

(2014-04-29 18:33)lionking15 Wrote:  Could u please tell me where to find the frost version ?

Thanks

which one is the frost version??

anyways just so everybody can get all the depencies needed, the skin relies on:

xbmc.gui 5.0.1 (which means is only Gotham compatible)

service.skin.widgets (on official repo)

script.favourites (on official repo)

script.cinema.experience (on official repo)

script.globalsearch (on official repo)

https://github.com/fastcolors/plugin.3d.content

https://github.com/fastcolors/script.pop...ree/Gotham

to get extra features you can also install this:

https://github.com/fastcolors/service.clean.up (will never be on official repo)
find quote
Cee604 Offline
How far along is this Skin?
find quote
scrolling Offline
Fastcolors

Thanks for you hard work SiO2-X looks great. However, I have a question about the the movie badges. They tend to change from when I first load a movie to when I finish watching a movie. I use EMM to scrape all my movies and I load them and everything seems fine.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_09_14_XBMC.jpg]
And when I'm done.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_10_09_XBMC.jpg]
Do you know why it's doing that? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so. Because when I was using SiO2x version 0.1.2 I didn't experience issue.

Also I believe I found a typo in MusicVisualisation.xml on lines 144 and 188. You currently have a value 2 for the text color. I changed it to gray in both places and the times showed in the music information box.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_55_13_XBMC.jpg]

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
find quote
kaosnews Offline
Weird problem with this skin in combination with Openelec on the Rpi (not in Windows XBMC). If I go to addons and open the settings (this is also on more pages) then the settings page is visible over the the previous page. So I see two pages at once (hope you understand) - the background is transparent and underneath I see the previous page. This was also on a older version in Windows XBMC - but apparently for some reason it's only visible on the Rpi.
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-12 10:31 by kaosnews.)
find quote
stoweskier Offline
My favorite skin of all time.

One thing though, visually I don't like the black shelf bar that appears on the home screen. Any way to turn this off?

One of the (many) things I love about the skin is its clean look, turning off that black bar would be my preference.

Thanks!
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-05-09 20:00)Cee604 Wrote:  How far along is this Skin?

Almost there... Wink

(2014-05-11 17:09)scrolling Wrote:  Fastcolors

Thanks for you hard work SiO2-X looks great. However, I have a question about the the movie badges. They tend to change from when I first load a movie to when I finish watching a movie. I use EMM to scrape all my movies and I load them and everything seems fine.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_09_14_XBMC.jpg]
And when I'm done.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_10_09_XBMC.jpg]
Do you know why it's doing that? Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I don't think so. Because when I was using SiO2x version 0.1.2 I didn't experience issue.

Also I believe I found a typo in MusicVisualisation.xml on lines 144 and 188. You currently have a value 2 for the text color. I changed it to gray in both places and the times showed in the music information box.
[Image: 2014_05_11_08_55_13_XBMC.jpg]

Indeed You are my best tester!!!!

Will fix

(2014-05-12 10:24)kaosnews Wrote:  Weird problem with this skin in combination with Openelec on the Rpi (not in Windows XBMC). If I go to addons and open the settings (this is also on more pages) then the settings page is visible over the the previous page. So I see two pages at once (hope you understand) - the background is transparent and underneath I see the previous page. This was also on a older version in Windows XBMC - but apparently for some reason it's only visible on the Rpi.

don't own an Rpi, but will investigate. Let me know if you using latest git version and exactly what pages do that.
Thanks!

(2014-05-12 16:11)stoweskier Wrote:  My favorite skin of all time.

One thing though, visually I don't like the black shelf bar that appears on the home screen. Any way to turn this off?

One of the (many) things I love about the skin is its clean look, turning off that black bar would be my preference.

Thanks!

Thanks for Your kind words. Shelf Hiding is not an option so far, but probably in the near (very) near future it will disappear completely.. so good news for you Wink please bear with me, as I polish this.

anyone with suggestion and/or bugs feel free to post them.
find quote
kaosnews Offline
(2014-05-12 21:48)fastcolors Wrote:  don't own an Rpi, but will investigate. Let me know if you using latest git version and exactly what pages do that.
Thanks!

Yes I use the lastest version from https://github.com/fastcolors/skin.sio2x/

Here some screenshots:
[Image: screenshot000.jpg]
[Image: screenshot001.jpg]
[Image: screenshot002.jpg]

It's almost everywhere where you select or choose something. So settings page, select country etc.

I've tested it on 4 systems:
Windows XBMC Gotham - no problem
Apple XBMC Gotham - no problem
Rpi Openelec - problem
HTPC Openelec (Generic build) - problem

So it's a problem with OpenELEC and this skin. Weird?
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-13 10:00 by kaosnews.)
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-05-13 09:37)kaosnews Wrote:  I've tested it on 4 systems:
Windows XBMC Gotham - no problem
Apple XBMC Gotham - no problem
Rpi Openelec - problem
HTPC Openelec (Generic build) - problem

So it's a problem with OpenELEC and this skin. Weird?

I believe I found the issue, Do you know how to edit an .xml file inside the skin root?

edit: I upped the fix on Git, so you can grab latest revision and test it.
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-13 10:24 by fastcolors.)
find quote
kaosnews Offline
No sorry Sad

I changed the skin to standard - deleted the skin.sio2x-master directory in .xbmc/addons and rebooted. Uploaded the new version from Git (I noticed some changes in 1080i directory) and changed the skin to sio2x. But still the same problem... sorry!

What did you change? The fix should be in addon.xml?
(This post was last modified: 2014-05-13 10:51 by kaosnews.)
find quote