[WIP] SiO2-X - Gotham - Helix

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
wortho Offline
='wortho' pid='1794641' dateline='1410789812']
hi , just discoverd this skin for my TLBB think its the older version the newer ones will not download, but i am really impressed with it much better then the boxes own bello based skin . faster and easy to use , only thing i miss is when i get a movie up, the movie fanart/ poster is there but no plot desciption like on bello, new to all this but is this something i can add ?
Sorry if its a daft question just trying to find my way about, keep up the good work
[/quote]

Please explain further.. which view are we talking about??

found what I was looking for it was the plot review that you get on the film link, thanks for your reply keep up the good work
find quote
Bienvenu Offline
Hi there,

I need some help as I am not able to install the skin...I got each time a message of depencies not metConfused

I am on the XBMC Gotham latest version under windows 7...

Can anyone give some advices how to get the skin working under Gotham 13xxx?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Bienvenu
find quote
rridder Offline
(2014-09-17 11:18)fastcolors Wrote:  
(2014-08-18 11:28)rridder Wrote:  Hey Fastcolors, I have some suggestions you maybe want to add.

* An option to delay or disable the popup with fanart on icons view.
* On playback at the OSD controls is hard to see which option is selected when there is a light seen or concert in daylight. Maybe better to use an overlay color instead of the light glow.
* On playback at the OSD controls the ability to mouse click in the time bar to quickly jump forward. (so you don't have to fast forward).
* This one is more a matter of taste i think. On the home screen for movie etc, you use dvd cases with some kind of light reflection. Maybe add an option to disable the case view and make it more flat so it's fit better the overall look of your skin.
* Last small thing, the ability to organize the icons on the home screen. So ability to manually move them icons around.

Hope you can make some of these things possible, like I said it are just suggestions and a bit of personal taste for more flexibility.

first thank you.

OSD will get fixed. I completely agree. had been lost trying to put tighter a LCARS skin. And lifted the work off sio2x... Wink
Case disabling and popup disabling on Icons view could make it... just 1 question.. you don't like the infos, or it's just to must animation?
I don't use a mouse at all on XBMC, I will look into the mouse tracking for playback, but I honestly think punching in the time to skip to is very effective.

now to the main thing:
rearranging home icons.

That COULD be done, and I tried to achieve it since day one. BUT in order to do so I'd need an extra plugin or script, and that would be a definitive NO if I eventually want this skin to make it into official repo (XBMC stuff has been very clear about it).. so.... maybe this will happen, maybe it won't... all I can suggest is to hide everything, and then use custom links to favorites to arrange the home screen... it's a pain but can be done... I had people sending me screens of it happening ( or manually edit home panel.xml)

Thank you for your reply and thank you for looking in to it, very much appreciated!
The thing with the popup info is that it's blocks half of the movie icons, so i'm not able to see what movies are next to it.
I understand, if it's not allowed bye the XBMC stuff you shouldn't, this skin deserves to be in the official repo :-).
Looking forward to an update.
Again thank you very much for making this wonderful skin and putting you time and effort in to it.
find quote
mart49222 Offline
Will S102 x work in kodi as I would be reluctant to change as this skin so suits my purpose?

The only other improvement in this skin for myself would be if at the bottom of the screen you wee able to move a video along and perhaps you could see the remaining run time. Also there is a box just showing at the bottom that if you shrink the screen you can see it has options such as download but you can't actually access it. I don't know if anyone else has seen this. It sounds like I'm moaning but I'm not I think this skin is excellent and I thank the designer for all their work in making my xbmc experience even better.
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-25 12:11 by mart49222.)
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-09-25 10:23)Bienvenu Wrote:  Hi there,

I need some help as I am not able to install the skin...I got each time a message of depencies not metConfused

I am on the XBMC Gotham latest version under windows 7...

Can anyone give some advices how to get the skin working under Gotham 13xxx?

Thanks a lot for your help...

Bienvenu

ok,

make sure You install these add ons:

Global Search (official repo)
script.cinema.experience (official repo?) forum >>> http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=87563

sorry but I left these on and they are required for now (my bad)

(2014-09-25 12:01)mart49222 Wrote:  Will S102 x work in kodi as I would be reluctant to change as this skin so suits my purpose?

of course. It's already been converted. If you switch to kodi, It should get automatically updates, since it's already uploaded in my helix repo. it should work flawlessly. If you do can you please post your update experience in a thread in sio2 sub forum? I never did the upgrade since in all my systems it's update internally... but I'd like to know first hand how it goes from the user side.

Thanks.

(2014-09-25 12:01)mart49222 Wrote:  The only other improvement in this skin for myself would be if at the bottom of the screen you wee able to move a video along and perhaps you could see the remaining run time. Also there is a box just showing at the bottom that if you shrink the screen you can see it has options such as download but you can't actually access it. I don't know if anyone else has seen this. It sounds like I'm moaning but I'm not I think this skin is excellent and I thank the designer for all their work in making my xbmc experience even better.

Thanks,
ok... I didn't really understand what You mean by move a video on the bottom part... could you explain a little more?
remaining run time is shown in white if you press i (show fullscreen info) and in black on normal OSD... pick depending on what you're watching
to access the options in the bottom you need to press up (that's what the arrow means Wink ) and the menu should pull up.
no worries, You didn't sound moaning at all... just had some question I'm happy to answer.

Glad people is liking my skin.

Enjoy everyone.
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-25 13:23 by fastcolors.)
find quote
Bienvenu Offline
Sorry I am lost where to get these to addon?
Do you have any links to download them?
script.cinema.experience (official repo?)

Is there any better option than downloaded several addons to make the skin working under Gotham 13xxx?
and avoided dependencies messageConfused

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best wishes
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-09-25 13:42)Bienvenu Wrote:  Sorry I am lost where to get these to addon?

Is there any better option than downloaded several addons to make the skin working under Gotham 13xxx?

Best wishes

it's very very easy... just go to add-on manager from xbmc and search for those... it won't take long at all.

let me know if you succeed.

here's a guide for downloading add ons

http://www.howtogeek.com/76240/the-how-t...c-add-ons/
find quote
rridder Offline
I've noticed you did an update :-).
The delay at the icon view is perfect!

Update
When you are in the icon view mode, then if you go all the way to right with the arrow keys you don't get that menu anymore where you can change view, show only watched etc...
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-26 23:31 by rridder.)
find quote
rridder Offline
Sorry it's still working, accidently turned of view options dialog Oo
I've made some spotify icons i use for spotimc and and spotlight, maybe you would like to add them so others also have them.

http://we.tl/hSaPbV7fdU
find quote
Bienvenu Offline
(2014-09-25 13:52)fastcolors Wrote:  
(2014-09-25 13:42)Bienvenu Wrote:  Sorry I am lost where to get these to addon?

Best wishes

it's very very easy... just go to add-on manager from xbmc and search for those... it won't take long at all.

let me know if you succeed.

here's a guide for downloading add ons

http://www.howtogeek.com/76240/the-how-t...c-add-ons/
Thanks for your help..All doneBig Grin
find quote
raid517 Offline
OK I just want to say thanks for a near perfect skin! I was starting to despair that I could ever find anything beyond Confluence that could hit the nail on the head in terms of simplicity and usability. Sadly Confluence is showing its age - and it still isn't simple enough to pass the wife test.

This skin solves this in spades! Who wants to spend endless button presses to get things done.

However I have one small remaining snag to resolve. I know I can customize the home screen to include almost anything I want. But I would like to a couple of custom entries for "Games" and maybe for personal apps too. The plan is to use Advanced Launcher and to use the Launchers created by this to create entries in a Games folder for my Windows PC Games and emulators.

I would also like to create entries on the home screen for custom web apps, like Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, CBS, BBC iPlayer etc . All of these entries can be created by Advanced Launcher (the web apps just open in full screen/kiosk mode when using Firefox), but I have so far been unable to work out how to add these to the custom home screen options of this (or any) skin?

One created the launchers seen to stay within the internal default directory created by Advanced Launcher - and there doesn't seem to be any way to move them to where they would be most useful.

Can anyone help?.
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 23:01 by raid517.)
find quote
smarttv Offline
Hi,

I installed the SIO2X skin, its excellent skin and very easy to use and setup. I would like to know how can I remove the HELP button from the home screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
find quote
fastcolors Offline
Skilled Skinner
(2014-09-27 12:33)rridder Wrote:  Sorry it's still working, accidently turned of view options dialog Oo
I've made some spotify icons i use for spotimc and and spotlight, maybe you would like to add them so others also have them.

http://we.tl/hSaPbV7fdU

icluded. thank you. they will be available from next update.

(2014-09-29 02:51)raid517 Wrote:  OK I just want to say thanks for a near perfect skin! I was starting to despair that I could ever find anything beyond Confluence that could hit the nail on the head in terms of simplicity and usability. Sadly Confluence is showing its age - and it still isn't simple enough to pass the wife test.

This skin solves this in spades! Who wants to spend endless button presses to get things done.

However I have one small remaining snag to resolve. I know I can customize the home screen to include almost anything I want. But I would like to a couple of custom entries for "Games" and maybe for personal apps too. The plan is to use Advanced Launcher and to use the Launchers created by this to create entries in a Games folder for my Windows PC Games and emulators, Emulators.

I would also like to create entries on the home screen for custom web apps, like Netflix, Pandora, Youtube, CBS, BBC iPlayer etc . All of these entries can be created by Advanced Launcher (the web apps just open in full screen/kiosk mode when using Firefox), but I have so far been unable to work out how to add these to the custom home screen options of this (or any) skin?

One created the launchers seen to stay within the internal default directory created by Advanced Launcher - and there doesn't seem to be any way to move them to where they would be most useful.

Can anyone help?.

first off : thank you!!
wife acceptance was always a priority!!! Big Grin
I never used Advanced launcher so i'm not sure how it works, but I'll try and find out mores bout it and see if I can add some kind of support for it in the skin.

stay tuned.

EDIT: Have you tried creating the Advanced Launcher "item" then add it to favourites then add it to home screen. Give it a try. I have never use A.L. but I tried to create an item to open an OSX app, then added it to favs and to home.. and it seems to work.

let me know.

(2014-09-30 01:55)smarttv Wrote:  Hi,

I installed the SIO2X skin, its excellent skin and very easy to use and setup. I would like to know how can I remove the HELP button from the home screen. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Unfortunately ATM it's not possible, it will be in next update from home screen customizer.... sorry I left it out!!!
(This post was last modified: 2014-09-30 19:19 by fastcolors.)
find quote
smarttv Offline
Thanks, looking forward for the new update. Keep up the great work.
find quote