Release - SiO2-X - Gotham - Helix

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 5 Average
fastcolors Online
Skilled Skinner
meanwhile... helix gets a new fullscreen info window Smile

[Image: Schermata%202014-10-21%20alle%2023.48.37.png]

(2014-10-21 23:57)rridder Wrote:  Just take your time, no need to rush it. Sorry think i was unclear, i was talking about the tvshow icon, not the live tv :-). I'm on 2.2.2

i know it's gonna suck a little but try and reset all skin settings... that way if a setting got sucked it should disappear...
also, if you don't have library scanned the Movies or TVIcon will not show. that's to conform with Confluence behavior, so if you set up a box and deliver it with SiO2-X then the final user get to easily add sources, since if no libs are scanned, neither MOVIES nor TVSHOWS appear. Instead You get the link to sources in first position.

but that might not be your case...

you got TVshows scraped into library and ICON activate but it won't show?
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 00:05 by fastcolors.)
find quote
rridder Offline
Quote:i know it's gonna suck a little but try and reset all skin settings... that way if a setting got sucked it should disappear...
also, if you don't have library scanned the Movies or TVIcon will not show. that's to conform with Confluence behavior, so if you set up a box and deliver it with SiO2-X then the final user get to easily add sources, since if no libs are scanned, neither MOVIES nor TVSHOWS appear. Instead You get the link to sources in first position.

but that might not be your case...

you got TVshows scraped into library and ICON activate but it won't show?

Yep I haven't changed my setup, have a lot of tvshow on a hdd. Will try the reset skin setting tomorrow.
Further i've noticed a change in the icon view, the icons are now dimmed dark by default. Will there be an option to disable that? If I'm asking to much just ignore it, you already done a lot of improvements and I'm thankful for that! :-)
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 00:38 by rridder.)
find quote
indijones Offline
(2014-10-21 10:30)fastcolors Wrote:  
(2014-10-21 03:46)indijones Wrote:  The skin is great! I'm using it on my laptop & Amazon Fire Tv running Gotham 13.2. But there's an issue with the Favorite icons in the Home Screen Window. The first two Favorite icons are out of place, they are in between TV Shows & Add-ons icons. It's like this in both of the devices. Is there any way to fix this problem? I was also wondering if the number of Favorite icons in the home screen can be increased to as many as I want to (say 10-20).

Thanks in advance!

[Image: EFVT93t.png]

That's no bug you're experiencing, the first two favorites are there on purpose. Here's why:

If you link them to any addon or favorite that creates a list... that list will be accessible from shelf.

say you favorites "horror" and place that favorite on one of those two item, then the shelf (when you go on the home icon you just created) will automatically fill the shelf with content from the horror genre.

in order to uderstand better what i mean, give it a spin... add as favorite any genre, or playlist, or plugin. then add it there and voilĂ .

here's an example.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=197423

as far as adding more favorites that isn't top priority, since almost everything is accessible with 3-4 clicks...

Hope that helps.

(just for the records, i see you put a lot of channels in your favs.. maybe you should do a list of channels (or a playlist) directly and then add that list to favorites (one of the top two) so when you select that, the shelf will show all your "chosen" channels and you go up and select what you want... just an idea....)

-edit: I see most of them are addons... why not placing them in addons link in home shelf customizer directly without using favorites? that way you got 6 favs + 6 add ons + 6 script. (and all the addons are accessible from shelf anyways.. if you hover on the addon icon and then up twice switch between video-music-programs (i heard rumors there could be a favorite/most_used add ons list in the future......... that could come in very handy!!! read more here)

Thanks for the response! A lot of information to grasp which is gonna take some time for me who just started using the skin a few days back Wink I really appreciate your explanation. Really love this skin!
find quote
fastcolors Online
Skilled Skinner
(Yesterday 06:40)indijones Wrote:  Thanks for the response! A lot of information to grasp which is gonna take some time for me who just started using the skin a few days back Wink I really appreciate your explanation. Really love this skin!

btw I'm adding more videos to the "video guides" I just added a couple to explain some uses for those 2 favorites slots... check them out Wink
find quote
rridder Offline
Skin reset en rescanning the media folder worked for the tvshow icon. Noticed that the music video icon view changed, it's also dimmed and it's having a scrolling title on top of the icon, not sure if this is normal. Otherwise i would like to see an option to disable this :-). Finished Danish translation.
find quote
indijones Offline
The snapshot that I posted in post # 224 & 243 a couple of days back was the one before the new update took effect. Since then the new version was auto-updated & I see some changes which I'm not sure if that's a bug. I'm using Gotham 13.2. In the skin setting, there are Movies & TV Shows Icons before the two Favorites. But when I go to the Home Screen, I don't see the Movies & TV Shows icons any more even though they are turned on. In your guide videos, I see that they are still there along with the two fav icons in the home screen.
find quote
nerve Offline
(2014-10-20 18:55)fastcolors Wrote:  next update 3.0.8 will be localized in :

Danish (Rridder), French (Nerve) and Italian (Betty)

Thanks.

you're welcome Wink
find quote
bobsetsfire Offline
(2014-10-21 21:13)fastcolors Wrote:  
(2014-10-21 20:30)bobsetsfire Wrote:  Slight problem on 2.2.1, when I click Live TV, nothing happens.

Usually, I get the options Recordings, TV Channels, Radio Channels, EPG etc. but I don't get anything at all when I select it from the home screen.

is your pvr recording by any chance?

if so try stopping it and then click.
please let me know.

Just to update you, this was the problem I've just tried it now and it works fine. This doesn't seem to have been a problem previously though
find quote
fastcolors Online
Skilled Skinner
(Yesterday 16:45)rridder Wrote:  Skin reset en rescanning the media folder worked for the tvshow icon. Noticed that the music video icon view changed, it's also dimmed and it's having a scrolling title on top of the icon, not sure if this is normal. Otherwise i would like to see an option to disable this :-). Finished Danish translation.

let me check... music video you say.. mmm.. gotta scan me some music videos and test it. Wink

icon dimming will go away soon. sorry, got included by accident.

(Yesterday 18:10)indijones Wrote:  The snapshot that I posted in post # 224 & 243 a couple of days back was the one before the new update took effect. Since then the new version was auto-updated & I see some changes which I'm not sure if that's a bug. I'm using Gotham 13.2. In the skin setting, there are Movies & TV Shows Icons before the two Favorites. But when I go to the Home Screen, I don't see the Movies & TV Shows icons any more even though they are turned on. In your guide videos, I see that they are still there along with the two fav icons in the home screen.

Movies & TVShows now show up ONLY if you have scanned media in your library. not for files. this is to make it work just like default skin confluence. I might revert that change but if you have no scanned media it's kinda useless to have those icons. You should get Media Sources in first spot, so you can navigate to files easier.

if you do have library try resetting skin and rescan.. seems to have worked for rridder (read post above)

(Yesterday 18:23)bobsetsfire Wrote:  Just to update you, this was the problem I've just tried it now and it works fine. This doesn't seem to have been a problem previously though

I know, i forgot an action in home menu, but i fixed it in 2.2.2 - now you can access it even when recording. (test please)
(This post was last modified: Yesterday 23:43 by fastcolors.)
find quote
rridder Offline
In the addon manager, i can't switch to enable auto update it stays on disabled and if i browse fx enabled plugins they on every line it's saying enabled, maybe that's a bit double as i'm browsing the enabled plugins :-)

On my osx xbmc, if i try to switch to a different theme xbmc crashes, does this has something to do with he skin?
find quote
sharktech Offline
Howdo

Is there anyway of stopping the side panel from popping up eveytime i move to a new item?

Thanks
find quote
rridder Offline
(Today 12:26)sharktech Wrote:  Howdo

Is there anyway of stopping the side panel from popping up eveytime i move to a new item?

Thanks

I what view? Check the skin settings you can disable it.
find quote
fastcolors Online
Skilled Skinner
(Today 12:26)sharktech Wrote:  Howdo

Thanks

if you mean in Icon view yes... go in settings.
if you mean in sio2 view.... no. that would defeat the purpose of the view Wink

you can switch to Big List...

should I introduce.. " Naked sio2 view? " or get rid of big list and change it around??
how do you make a poll on this thing? Smile

---

I just realized nobody could see the VideoGuides but me ahahahaha since playlists in youtube only work if you're signed in and on your own system shah!! they will appear in next update.
find quote
Dalton63841 Offline
2 things I have noticed on 2.2.2...

1. If you go into TV Shows, and click on a show, it brings you to the list of seasons. If that list is in SiO2 view, the Unwatched" numbers are off the left side of the fat red dot. This only occurs in SiO2 view.

2. I noticed OpenElec Settings are also moved into the normal Settings list. When you click on OpenElec settings, the menu list on the left hand side is blank. You can still arrow down and do manipulate the settings just fine though.
find quote