Release Unary Clock Screensaver
Hi,

I created a screensaver showing an unary clock, i.e. you have to count the number of "lights". The screenshot below shows 23:59.
It is available at github.
If you have any problems/comments or feature requests, feel free to reply.

Best regards,

Philip

Tried it but got an error
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91488
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
OK, I tested on Linux only.
I will post again when the error is fixed.
Seems I forgot to add the file to the repository. Sad
It is there and the screensaver should work now.
new error Smile
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=91512
Can you test again?
There was an issue with different screen sizes, but it should be fixed now.
Thanks!
yep that works now Smile

would be nice addition to XBMC repo Wink
(you do need some extra things added to addon.xml on first look)
I made some changes to the addon.xml, as far as I can see the other requirements are also met. The next step towards the repo would be a pull request?
Just out of interest, how does 0 (Zero) display? Looks nice though!

Won't run on a Raspberry Pi running OpenELEC, I take it?
0 is displayed by using no "lights", i. e. at midnight you have a (almost) black screen. All the positions of the lights are always displayed (dark grey) to enhance readability.
I did not test it on a Raspberry Pi, but it should work system independant. If you run it, I'd be interested in your results.
Hmm, well the good news is it DOES work on a RPi running OpenELEC_Gotham-RPi.arm-devel-20131127234643-r16442.

The bad news is A) the seconds "Hand" is a slightly different size box to the other four digits for some reason. and B) the four(5) digits fall outside of the boundaries of the screen on a 1920x1080 monitor I use to test on, sometimes completely so.

Obviously I can't take a screenshot to show you what I mean as the keypress deactivates the screensaver.
Update: Tried on a different set-up (Living Room RPi/AVR/TV combo) the screensaver fits the screen perfectly on this set-up, and is quite hypnotizing!
Big Grin
The (A) error is something I will fix shortly. For (B), is the difference around 8 pixel? Then it is related to some rounding errors during the scalling and I will fix that too.
Hey Phil,

No, what I meant is the screensaver "moves" outside of the boundaries of the screen on the monitor I trialled it on, as if it's trying to fit a resolution screen size larger than the one the monitor permits. This may have been a bad setting on my part, although I'm almost certain XBMC was set to output 1920x1080 to match the screen. It works fine though on the 50" set-up in the living room, nice work!
Both issues are fixed now.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unary Clock Screensaver0