[MOD] Bigger fonts Aeon MQ5/MQ6
Any ideas?
(2014-06-04, 02:10)cyn00 Wrote: Any ideas?
Here is your problem:

Quote:17:16:15 T:5800 INFO: Loading fonts from C:\Users\********\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\Font.xml
17:16:15 T:5800 ERROR: file C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeonmq5\720p\Font.xml doesnt start with <fonts>
17:16:15 T:5800 DEBUG: POParser: loaded 985 strings from file

Make sure you copy the exact same text from link in startpost, from line 1 --> 574 and save it in Font.xml
(2013-11-30, 05:05)schumi2004 Wrote: Since i'm also using MQ5 for my XBMC instances located in bedrooms i'm having trouble reading the menu text and stuff when viewing from a distance.
So i modded Font.xml so it gives me the option to have bigger fonts on certain systems.
I don't think this is actually a mod but it makes it easier to search for.

It can be used on both Frodo and Gotham skin version 1.8.0 and higher.

Replace current Font.xml in 720p folder with this one.

Go to settings menu, appearance, skin
And change fonts to massive.

watch gallery

Good stuff, always wanted this option,
great mod,

TanksBig Grin
Awesome, schumi. Thanks!

Good for my eyes, and to learn a bit more about Kodi everyday Tongue
Is this supposed to be changing the font on the home screen buttons? I pushed this out to my parents' fireTV and the home screen buttons were changed. I ended up having to reinstall XBMC (I forgot to backup with abdfire).
(2014-10-10, 20:10)SheHateMe Wrote: Is this supposed to be changing the font on the home screen buttons? I pushed this out to my parents' fireTV and the home screen buttons were changed. I ended up having to reinstall XBMC (I forgot to backup with abdfire).

If you set the MQ5 font in settings to "default" you have exactly the same font as in the default MQ5 install. You can experiment with the "large" or "massive" alternatives but can always go back to "default".

scott s.
I figured out what happened and got it fixed. Smooth sailing now. No more complaints from my mom and stepdad that they cannot read the text on the TV from the bed.
(2014-10-12, 06:13)SheHateMe Wrote: I figured out what happened and got it fixed. Smooth sailing now. No more complaints from my mom and stepdad that they cannot read the text on the TV from the bed.
Wink
Thank you very much for your effort, works perfect!! Smile
Can this be updated to work with MQ 6?
(2015-08-01, 18:44)Soulplayer Wrote: Can this be updated to work with MQ 6?

Done
I only see Big (Helix MQ6)
(2014-02-18, 10:34)barranco Wrote: Thanks for reply; as I am using OpenElec there is no such thing as a C:\users, etc. In what folder should the xml be present (see picture above)?

/storage/.kodi/addons/
Thanks schumi!

I really wonder that this is not a standard feature in MQ5 and MQ6...
System: Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019 | Kodi Version: v19.4 Matrix | Skin: Aeon MQ7 Mod
(2015-12-29, 19:39)OrbS82User Wrote: Thanks schumi!

I really wonder that this is not a standard feature in MQ5 and MQ6...

MQ5 from helix mod provides default, large, and massive font size in all releases. There are some fixes in Isengard mod for some windows where massive in particular didn't work well. More fixes for Jarvis mod. I hope to have all windows looking good or at least acceptable when using the massive font sizes.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Bigger fonts Aeon MQ5/MQ61