Device name wrong in Signal Status
Not to be nit picky but the device name is wrong in the client addon. It still says pvr demo.

The status information is displayed by pressing the O key when watching live TV.

The WMC Server does not return a real status because it is not implemented.
It would be cool to populate those other fields too if possible. So if my picture is crappy I can check the levels on the fly and see if I need to call Comcrap out again...

Definitely items for the "shit to do when we're really bored" list. Probably 95% of users don't even know that screen is there or what all the stuff means. lol
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-11-30, 22:40)TechLife Wrote: It would be cool to populate those other fields too if possible. So if my picture is crappy I can check the levels on the fly and see if I need to call Comcrap out again...

Definitely items for the "shit to do when we're really bored" list. Probably 95% of users don't even know that screen is there or what all the stuff means. lol

And I would hope that if there is loss of signal and the correct status is returned for it, XBMC would display loss of signal similar to the WMC client instead of a black screen. While watching Live TV now, you just get switched back to the channel listing and really have no idea what is going on. Hopefully if we could get status working XBMC will at least let you know what is going on.
(2013-11-30, 22:52)spinnaker Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 22:40)TechLife Wrote: It would be cool to populate those other fields too if possible. So if my picture is crappy I can check the levels on the fly and see if I need to call Comcrap out again...

And I would hope that if there is loss of signal and the correct status is returned for it, XBMC would display loss of signal similar to the WMC client instead of a black screen. While watching Live TV now, you just get switched back to the channel listing and really have no idea what is going on. Hopefully if we could get status working XBMC will at least let you know what is going on.
Ah! So that's why streaming stops and and guide pops up? I was thinking it had something to do with a recording ending, as that seems to be when it happens to me. Wmc has never been great with prioritizing tuners, or switching tuners when it should. Wonder if those issues are bypassed in xbmc?
(2013-11-30, 23:23)bandook Wrote:
(2013-11-30, 22:52)spinnaker Wrote:

Ah! So that's why streaming stops and and guide pops up? I was thinking it had something to do with a recording ending, as that seems to be when it happens to me. Wmc has never been great with prioritizing tuners, or switching tuners when it should. Wonder if those issues are bypassed in xbmc?

It also happens when WMC takes over all the tuners for recording while your are watching live TV. From what I understand, it may be difficult if not impossible to fix that one due to limitations within xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Device name wrong in Signal Status0