NFO Files for Music
I see that you can create NFO files for music. Does anyone know of an application that will scan my library, create these and then allow me to edit them?

The problem with the built-in scrapers is they aren't finding half my music even though the artists, albums and songs are available on AllMusic and Musicbrainz. For the artists they do find, they don't add thumbnails or fanart. Not getting any album fanart either. Seems XBMC needs some coaching in this department.

For movies and television, I use Media Center Master. It will build my NFO files, gather images and rename my files as necessary. I'd like to find a similar application for music so the entire library can be updated and then managed offline.
Instead of looking for a program to create NFO files, I would recommend you look for a program that can edit the tags in your media files.

For example, I use MP3Tag to add and edit all the album/artist/artwork/etc of my MP3's and FLAC files. XBMC will scrape this metadata for you and pull it into your library. Just remember that XBMC uses the ALBUMARTIST tag for the Artist.

Once you've got this done, you could always export to NFO from XBMC. But it all is a bit of work.

You're not going to have much luck with an NFO file generator, I'm afraid.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Hmmm.. Had all this information already in iTunes. Windows Media Player also shows the artwork. XBMC does not.

All of my music is in MPEG-4 audio format. Not sure if that means anything. Wiki says XBMC should read tags in those files. Will try MP3tag if it supports my file format. Would rather not spend hours converting 10,000 songs.
Using Media Browser 3 for this now. It will write the .nfo files for me, download additional artwork for artists and doesn't have as many misses as the scrapers in XBMC.
Tagged m4a file should work. MP3tag can be setup to export an nfo file, but in my playing around with it you can only do one file at a time. Never found a way to do all files, written to separate nfos (and for music nfo only works for album and artist info, not song info AFAIK).

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
Dose anyone no how to set up VPN on a android tv box with xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO Files for Music0