Win Missing Menu background
Hello,

I came back to XMBC after watching some normal TV and found that the backgrounds on all the menus in ACE had disappeared and the screen was dimmed even after moving the focus with the remote. I restarted XMBC which brought the usual brightness back up however, now none of the menus have any grey backgrounds like they used to - I just see the main screen backgrounds which are lovely, but it makes reading the menus almost impossible. I have reset the skin, deleted the themes and re-installed, rebooted my system, changed the transparency and colours under the colours menu, uninstalled the ACE skin and re-installed it (rebooting in between), everything functions correctly but I still have no background to the menus.

Please help, I don't like any other skins nearly as much as I like ace.

Thanks.
Just realised that quite a few people seem to be having the same problem - in the release thread. I have managed to rollback a version in the add-ons settings which has solved the problem.
How do you do a rollback?
I'm having the same problem! Could you tell us how to do a rollback to solve this problem?
same problem here, windows 7 and inted hd2500 graphics I can include more info if needed. doing a rollback to version 2.0 I think fixed it. To rollback go into addons, find the skins section and open that up, once in the skins section right click on ace and select the only option you have, then click rollback on th popup that comes up.
It just happened to me, and im using Linux.
After some hacking, i found out that the ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.ace/media/Textures.xbt file had 0 bytes.
Then i open the file ~/.xbmc/addons/packages/skin.ace-2.0.1.zip and checked that it REALLY had 0 bytes.
Then i downloaded skin.ace-2.0.0.zip (just type that in google) and downloaded that version. The file there was over 4MB.
So i unpacked just this file and replaced it on my xbmc add-on installation and everything worked out.
thanx for the headsup guys!

there's a problem at our end that's causing this issue.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1564097
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Missing Menu background0