Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos
I have WMC configure with logos from mychannellogos and XMBC (Windows 7 client) was able to pick them up but the raspberry pi doesn't. My best guess is it's because it's lunix. Any ideas to make make this work?

I also tried providing the channel logo to the Live TV channel image path but no juice. When I did that I lost the channel names as well Big Grin
(2013-12-02, 10:17)breezytm Wrote: I have WMC configure with logos from mychannellogos and XMBC (Windows 7 client) was able to pick them up but the raspberry pi doesn't. My best guess is it's because it's lunix. Any ideas to make make this work?

I also tried providing the channel logo to the Live TV channel image path but no juice. When I did that I lost the channel names as well Big Grin

The channel logos from wmc should be imported to the ras-pi client just as the windows clients. Make sure the 'import channel icons' is set in the channels tab. Also your ras-pi will need to have credentials set in order to access the folder the icons are stored in. If you still don't see the icons on the pi after it connects to serverwmc, check the folder where serverwmc is caching the icons:
tempxbmc\imageCache\channelIcons

and see if it has put the icons there.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
seems like im not the only one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1484353

It is selected by default. I didn't change it. As stated, it works fine with my Windows XBMC version. I am at work right now but i will check the folder when i get home.
(2013-12-02, 18:05)breezytm Wrote: seems like im not the only one
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1484353

That issue was fixed quite some time ago. There was a build released within a day or two of that post that corrected things.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
Thanks,

I just spoke with a friend from raspbmc and he thinks the issue is related to the fact that raspbmc is shipped with an older version off the addon (WMC PVR). He also doesn't have the channel logos. I will install the wmc repo when i get home and see if it will update the addon. That may solve my problem. I will report back.

Thanks,
I read the thread and Dilligaf said that it's working. I don't know guys but it's not working. At least for me and my friend.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1519193

My credentials are set and working. I know this because i can browse downloaded tv shows.
The channel icons are in the "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons" path

I installed the latest version of the pvr (0.1.91) since raspbmc has an older version (0.1.8) and same thing. No channel icons.

Thanks for all help
I know I told you they weren't working earlier in a pm, I found out why. My WMC server box is a dual boot, Win 7 and Win 8.1, whichever is booted is the server. Turns out I had icons configured in Win 7 but not Win 8.1, installed and ran MclXL on the 8.1 box and now I have icons on my PI running Raspbmc release version of the client (0.1.8) So it is working here. How did you configure your icons on your server? With MclXL?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
logos show up fine on my pi. loaded into wmc through mychannellogos
I used MclXL. Mychannellogos.com

Yeah Dilligaf i knew you told me they weren't working for you either but i was using my friend laptop to test and wasn't working for him either. But it's the same server. My server.

Works on windows fine. Same config.
(2013-12-03, 02:14)breezytm Wrote: My credentials are set and working. I know this because i can browse downloaded tv shows.
The channel icons are in the "C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV\TempXBMC\imageCache\channelIcons" path

Just because you can see the recordings on the pi does not mean your credentials are set up correctly. The data the pi displays it gets over a socket connection. If you can play a recorded tv folder or watch live tv on the pi, then credentials are setup correctly - because these require the pi to be able to access the recorded tv folder - which takes credentials.
You just might be right. I am looking into that right now. I just recorded something. I never actually played anything since i haven't got my licenses yet. I know my windows name is a little confusing. I am changing from email to a local windows username and see if that makes a difference. My windows client doesn't use the credentials since it's already running on the box. Probably that's why they are showing up fine.

Microsoft and this (beep) email username crap. I will report back.
Yup that was it.
Weird thing is I browse this computer using my email to authenticate all the time. I guess it doesn't work with lunix.

Microsoft slogan "Always find a way to make our users life just a little bit more difficult with each new os version." Big Grin

Thanks guys.
It seems like 9 out of 10 times it ends up being credentials, can anyone think of a simpler way to implement them? This way seems really straight forward but ...........
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
yeah it is. I just didn't think it was credentials until krustyreturns brought the fact that just because i see the recording doesn't mean it's setup correctly. I couldn't tell since i couldn't play what i was looking at.

Funny thing. After I fixed my credentials, I reset the pvr database and decide to do a reboot just for the heck of it. While i am about to select reboot i got an email with my codec licenses. Big Grin
(2013-12-03, 03:47)Dilligaf Wrote: It seems like 9 out of 10 times it ends up being credentials, can anyone think of a simpler way to implement them? This way seems really straight forward but ...........

If we changed that, what would we have to talk about?

I have wondered if this could all be handled by opening more sockets. If it did, we could solve the credential problem and the local/network shared folder problem all in one go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos0