Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos
(2013-12-03, 04:23)krustyreturns Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 03:47)Dilligaf Wrote: It seems like 9 out of 10 times it ends up being credentials, can anyone think of a simpler way to implement them? This way seems really straight forward but ...........

If we changed that, what would we have to talk about?

lol

As I recall, the only valid characters for a user name are these:
Code:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 . _ -

Would it be worth adding a note in the wiki?
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
(2013-12-03, 04:23)krustyreturns Wrote: If we changed that, what would we have to talk about?

I have wondered if this could all be handled by opening more sockets. If it did, we could solve the credential problem and the local/network shared folder problem all in one go.

If you can do it, i don't see why not. Whatever makes someone life just a little bit easier is always good.

Just a observation. The channels without logos on the windows version of the pvr seems to look fine where are the one in the lunix version have a missing icon instead. I just thought it would be nice to just not have nothing there since it doesn't look pleasing to the eye.
Look at # 7, 9. 10 in this picture
Look at this picture
Nothing serious. I am not complaining. Everything is working great so far.

(2013-12-03, 04:49)TechLife Wrote: lol

As I recall, the only valid characters for a user name are these:
Code:

Hehe Haha, the joke is on me. But uhmm I am not sure how true this statement is. I have a lot of accounts using my email address as username. I am sure you do too. Email addresses has the "@" sign.

Here's a video of me using my "user name' with it's invalid "characters", since the @ symbol doesn't fall in your list, to browse my PC shares from a remote computer. I am a network admin. I am not stupid you know. But nope I am not upset. I don't get upset easily. I still thank each and everyone who helped me solved all my problems.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/827292/Movie.m4v
(2013-12-04, 10:43)breezytm Wrote: Hehe Haha, the joke is on me. But uhmm I am not sure how true this statement is. I have a lot of accounts using my email address as username. I am sure you do too. Email addresses has the "@" sign.

Here's a video of me using my "user name' with it's invalid "characters", since the @ symbol doesn't fall in your list, to browse my PC shares from a remote computer. I am a network admin. I am not stupid you know. But nope I am not upset. I don't get upset easily. I still thank each and everyone who helped me solved all my problems.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/827292/Movie.m4v

I know about the '@' in windows 8 login problem and honestly thought I had it fixed. I will need to revisit. Might need some more info from you when I do.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
Of course. Whatever I can do to help.
(2013-12-04, 10:43)breezytm Wrote: Just a observation. The channels without logos on the windows version of the pvr seems to look fine where are the one in the lunix version have a missing icon instead. I just thought it would be nice to just not have nothing there since it doesn't look pleasing to the eye.
Look at # 7, 9. 10 in this picture
Look at this picture
Nothing serious. I am not complaining. Everything is working great so far.

Not sure I understand (even with pictures). From the way it sounds though, I don't think it is something we can control in the addon. Find a skin you like and talk to the authors to make changes.
(2013-12-04, 10:43)breezytm Wrote:
(2013-12-03, 04:49)TechLife Wrote: As I recall, the only valid characters for a user name are these:
Code:

Hehe Haha, the joke is on me. But uhmm I am not sure how true this statement is. I have a lot of accounts using my email address as username. I am sure you do too. Email addresses has the "@" sign.

I should have been more specific. I was referring specifically to user names Linux supports. The thought being that when the pi tries to send the login info, it was getting hung up there. For all I know this has been fixed in newer nix builds. Im kinda old school in that department and have just stuck to that rule ever since on nix boxes. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
It's not important. Just a suggestion. Take a look at this picture from WMC. There isn't any logo for the selected channel but it doesn't have this missing icon box next to it. Maybe Its an xbmc thing (It looks ugly though). Maybe I am mistaken. I went on my Windows client to double check and it seems to be the same way. Two days ago i don't recall it doing that. Again its not important. What I would love most is "favorites lineup" and "categories". See this picture. I have 670 channels. It takes a long time to get to them. If it's already implemented, please explain to me how to get to it. I look but didn't see it. If it's not just let me know and I will go and add that to the feature request thread to keep things organize.

Thanks

(2013-12-04, 20:00)TechLife Wrote: I should have been more specific. I was referring specifically to user names Linux supports. The thought being that when the pi tries to send the login info, it was getting hung up there. For all I know this has been fixed in newer nix builds. Im kinda old school in that department and have just stuck to that rule ever since on nix boxes. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence.

It's all good man. Thanks for clarifying. No hard feelings.
@breezy
The @ in a username should be supported, are you saying it isn't? Read a couple pages from here for history http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1526532
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
(2013-12-04, 20:15)Dilligaf Wrote: @breezy
The @ in a username should be supported, are you saying it isn't? Read a couple pages from here for history http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1526532

I don't know. What I am saying is
I had my username in the credentials box as *********@me.com. (* are characters. Just don't want to put my actual email there)
I couldn't get any icons from the pi and my friend lunix machine. After you confirmed that its working for you and i think someone else also said it's working for them as well. Krustyreturns and I came to a join conclusion that maybe it's the credentials that is the problem. I had a weird feeling that lunix/unix would not accept that username as a username because of the @ symbol. I went to C:\Users and realized i also have a local username "carlhens". So i went and changed that in the username box. Close and relaunched the app and it worked.
Did you have strange characters in the password too?
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
I didn't change the password.

Edit: You know what. It could of been a case sensitivity issue. My username was typed all lowercase. Windows doesn't care about that but Lunix does.
Both users have the same password? That would indicate that the @ is still causing problems, thought it was fixed Smile
(2013-12-04, 20:03)breezytm Wrote: What I would love most is "favorites lineup" and "categories". See this picture. I have 670 channels. It takes a long time to get to them. If it's already implemented, please explain to me how to get to it. I look but didn't see it. If it's not just let me know and I will go and add that to the feature request thread to keep things organize.

Its not implemented. I would like to import the favorites from wmc too. Yes, please add it to the feature request thread.
(2013-12-04, 20:40)Dilligaf Wrote: Both users have the same password? That would indicate that the @ is still causing problems, thought it was fixed Smile

That's the funny thing. They aren't two different users. I thought you had a dual boot with windows 8. You can check it out. Windows 8 allows you to login to your workstation using your hotmail account or any microsoft email account you have. If you don't have one, you can easily sign up for one at the login screen. The concept from my best understand is this

[email protected] is your live/microsoft/hotmail online account. After a successful login, it creates a local account to your computer call "John" or something. But [email protected] and John are the same exact account. You can choose to use a local account and not your email to login. The purpose behind that is to allow users to carry their user preferences, applications and documentations as they go. Same password. It similar to icloud and gmail.

I was thinking in the wiki you can do this
Tell users to either Right Click on This PC > Manage > Local Users and Groups
Or you can tell them to navigate to C:\Users
Find their username and type in the credentials box as is. Remind them its case sensitive. No need to fix the @ sign issue if it still exists.

ROFL No more "My Computer" now its "This PC"...Geniuses Rofl

Its not implemented. I would like to import the favorites from wmc too. Yes, please add it to the feature request thread.
[/quote]

Im on it. Thanks for considering. I hope they can add favorites on upcoming xbmc as a menu tab. I saw they added EPG. EPG? They should of kept the label as what people are most familiar with though. "Guide". But I am not complaining.
I'm multi boot, win 7, win 8.1, ubuntu, win 7 x86 and probably a few more. I'm on a domain since I updated WHS to Server 2012 Essentials so Win 8 no longer asks for an email login but it used to.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspbmc & WMC PVR Channel Logos0