Movie Runtimes changing
Hello I am new to XBMC and while not horribly computer literate I am not helpless either. XBMC is performing very well for me. I only have one problem, more of an inconvenience actually, but in researching it I fear I may be doing something else wrong that I should be fixing as I go so I came here hoping to get some advice.

I am running a version of Frodo I reinstalled last week on Windows 7. All my movies are burned from the disc as .vob files They are stored on a networked hard drive in the format:

Movies(Folder)
-[Movie1 Title(year)] (Also Folder)
--Movie1 Title(year).vob (File)
-[Movie2 Title(year)] (Also Folder)
--Movie2 Title(year).vob (File)

Everything is working great with the exception of the movie run times and the problem varies widely. Using the movie 300 as an example; when I view the movie information in XBMC it says it is 59:06. I can refresh the information and it will update to the correct running time of 117 minutes but as soon as I start the movie it reverts to the 59:06.

This problem appears randomly throughout my library with movies showing everything from 0 minutes to 1590 minutes and any number of results in between.
including some with the correct run time.

I am aware that using .vob is unconventional but I was told that was the best way to ensure the highest quality video.

Any advice/education would be greatly appreciated
Have spent a couple of more hours researching but am still where I started.

I found a paragraph I had missed before and exported all my info files to my library. I then went into the .nfo file and found that the movie 300 which had been resetting to 59 minutes did indeed have a run time of 59 minutes listed in that file. I changed it to 117 minutes very hopeful that would solve my problem.

No luck, I refreshed the movie information and was queried if I wanted to use the local data and I said yes. The movie information did update to the correct time but when I started to play the movie it reverted to the same 59 minutes it had before. When I checked the actual nfo file it still had the 117 minute change that I had made.

I am reasonably convinced that the problem lies in my folder structure but I believe I have done it the way the manual suggests.

The 300 file now looks like this.

300(2007) [Folder]
--300(2007) [nfo file]
--300(2007).vob
--300(2007)-fanart
--300(2007)-poster

My next step will be to remove the library from XBMC and reload/scrape it but since this will involve going into every file and deleting the nfo files I added this evening I am hoping someone will show me that I have made another mistake.
Might be totally barking up the wrong tree here, but I'm certain I read somewhere that the problem surrounds the format you have ripped to (vob). Sure I read that mediainfo was unable to correctly identify runtime/codec information from files ripped to that format/DVD Structure.

Try re-ripping the file to an mkv file with MakeMKV (its free), re-scrape and see what information is gathered. There will be no loss of quality as a result just a straight 1:1 rip.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie Runtimes changing0