XBMC 13 PVR Backend?
Forgive me if this has been covered, I did a forum and Google search but came up with nothing useful. Maybe I didn't use the correct key words.

Will XBMC 13 have its own PVR Backend?

It would be nice to have an all in one solution instead of installing a separate backend, backend server like WMC backend, and frontend client. In the case of the WMC backend we have to rely on WMC, WMC backend server, and the WMC frontend plugin to all be working correctly. For example what if WMC decided to do a major update and suddenly we're SOL and have to wait for plugins to be updated or find a different backend. If XBMC had its own backend like Media Player we would not have to rely on third party software to play nice together.
No
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
sgibbers17, XBMC is cross platform and not windows only, so we would need a backend that is also cross platform if we'd ship one with XBMC. And this is a task nobody is willing to do, if it would be possible at all. Also, there are tons of alternatives for Windows backends, ArgusTV, NextPVR, DVBViewer, MediaPortal, ... so you don't have to rely on WMC staying as is

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 PVR Backend?0