how to put xml file in addon
I am new this environment. I am planing to make an addon from my xml file. Can anyone please help me how can I do it or give me an example.

Thank you in advance.
I don't understand what you're trying to do. Could you provide some more specifics. Are you trying to write an add-on that will display information from an XML file?
I don't understand what you're trying to do. Could you provide some more specifics. Are you trying to write an add-on that will display information from an XML file?

Hi pkscout,

I have an xml file and I want to make an addon out of this xml file. Yes I am trying to write an add-on that will display information from an XML file. Thank you for all your help
What you'd want to do is to parse the XML file and then take the parsed data and send it to XBMC. Without more details about what you're trying to do, I don't think anyone can help you further. An XML file can contain pretty much anything, so there's no way for us to know what you want to do with its contents unless you tell us.
The one starter I can give is to look at xml.etree.ElementTree. That will allow you to parse an XML file and do whatever you'd like with it. As Pline said, without more specifics about what's in the XML file and how you'd like to display it, there's not much more help we (or I anyway) can give.
Look at the docs in this Forum! There is much stuff to read into.

I would also recommend ElementTree for XML Processing. What kind of info is in the xml? Media Links? then you should probably take a look at Urlresolver.

Cheers Nordish
Thank you guys I will do whatever you guys recommended.
(2013-12-04, 02:28)pkscuot Wrote: The one starter I can give is to look at xml.etree.ElementTree. That will allow you to parse an XML file and do whatever you'd like with it. As Pline said, without more specifics about what's in the XML file and how you'd like to display it, there's not much more help we (or I anyway) can give.

I have only xml tags in my xml file. Here is one of the examples. I just need to pack my xml files so peoples can install on xbmc as an xbmc addons. I was looking on xml.etree.ElementTree but could not get anything as I do not have expertise in programming. Thank you

<item>
<title>HBO PLUS</title>
<link>rtmp://46.165.210.32/live playpath=canalplanet2?id=173816 conn=S:OK swfUrl=http://mips.tv/content/scripts/eplayer.swf pageUrl=http://mips.tv/embedplayer/canalplanet2/1/650/400
</link>
<thumbnail></thumbnail>
</item>
(2013-12-03, 19:32)nafis7777 Wrote: I am new this environment. I am planing to make an addon from my xml file. Can anyone please help me how can I do it or give me an example.

Thank you in advance.

i can help you if you want bro.

istersen yardimci olayim kardeslik.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to put xml file in addon0