RASPBMC - NFS
Hey guys,

I've been using RaspBMC for a couple of weeks now and mt2s files are stuttering a lot.
Now after doing the necessary googleing i understood that it's probably because i use SMB instead of NFS.

Now i'm running with a NAS server (WD MyCloud) but i can not manage to see my NFS shares.

When i browse through NFS i do see my NAS device and a NFS share, but it's completely empty, even after i place files and folder in the "public" folder of my NAS.

There is no password setup to my NAS or whatsoever.

Can you guys please aid me with some suggestions? Am i forced to mount my NAS through SSH?

Thanks in advance!
Did you have a look in the nfs wiki (link in my signature). The server needs to setup in a defined way to work with xbmc. It depends on your used NAS on how to achieve this or if it is even possible.

Also a debug log (wiki) might help us to see where it gets stuck.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-12-03, 20:22)Punished Wrote: When i browse through NFS i do see my NAS device and a NFS share, but it's completely empty, even after i place files and folder in the "public" folder of my NAS.

When browsing for a source you will not see folder content, once a source is added you should see its content under videos>files where you will have to right click and assign content type and scan to library before you see it in movies/tv shows
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
You need to mount the nfs using fstab then add that as a share. not browsing nfs shares. There a FAQ somewhere on it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RASPBMC - NFS0