Library not appearing after sharing movies.G-Box
I'm new to all this and I just shared my movie library from my pc to new G-Box. However there is no "Movies" section listed in the main menu nor is library listed under Videos. All I get under Videos is Files. Can someone please help me out with this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the share libraries tabs enabled. Even if I add movies from the hard drive the get scraped and everything but no library. The only way to see the movies is to drill down on Videos, files,XMBC movies,title and there they all are with artwork & descriptions. I'm at a loss here.
Which file sharing protocol are you using on your host PC: SMB, NFS, UPnP or ?
I'm using UPnP
OK, you can't scan UPnP content into your client system's XBMC library, so that's why you have no MOVIES option displayed on the main menu. If you want a local library on your G-Box, you'll need to use another file sharing protocol on your host PC such as SMB (wiki) or NFS (wiki).

However, if you simply want access to the files located on your UPnP host PC, you can just add the PC as a UPnP video source on your G-Box. See the video demo on this page: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP
You'll need to navigate to VIDEOS > Files to select this UPnP source and access the movies. However, you can save the UPnP source location as a favourite and, if your skin supports customization, you can create your own "MOVIES" menu option which opens the favourite that, in turn, displays the UPnP content. You still won't have a local library on your G-Box by going this route, but at least you'll have a MOVIES option on the main menu which will display the library content from your host XBMC system.
Thanks for the info. Yes I do want to have the movies. Do you recommend one sharing protocol over the other?
See here for an overview/comparion of the various file sharing protocols: File sharing (wiki)
SMB probably is the most generally supported across platforms.
I have created the Homegroup with SMB and have selected the files to share. However, I do not see them when I go to add videos. I select Windows Network (SMB) but there's nothing in there.WHen I check the Homegroup I see the 3 folders I set to be shared.

I get this message that before I can access files I need to add those other computers using this password? Is there a way to turn off this off? I'm getting a bit lost here. I've set allow all devices when setting the group up.
(2013-12-04, 00:32)FuSchnickens Wrote: I'm new to all this and I just shared my movie library from my pc to new G-Box. However there is no "Movies" section listed in the main menu nor is library listed under Videos. All I get under Videos is Files. Can someone please help me out with this? I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the share libraries tabs enabled. Even if I add movies from the hard drive the get scraped and everything but no library. The only way to see the movies is to drill down on Videos, files,XMBC movies,title and there they all are with artwork & descriptions. I'm at a loss here.

Oooh, so you are sharing a library from the PC that has XBMC to the G-Box? You just need to use a skin that has custom home items. I do the same thing and I've been using this mod of Confluence: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=145080

Basically, go to that Videos -> Files -> UPnP Server -> etc -> Movies -> Title and bring up the context menu (c on a keyboard or "guide" on a remote) and set it as a Favorite. Then in Confluence Modified you can change "Movies" to point to the Favorite you just made.
Yes I'm trying to share a library from a PC that's running XMBC to the G-Box.I created the homegroup on my PC but haven't had any luck adding the folders to the G-Box. Does this mod of Confluence need to be added to the PC and G-Box? All I'm really trying to do is get "Movies" and "TV Shows" to show up in the Main menu. I'd also like to add a category to the main menu for "Home Videos". I'm at work now so I'm gonna have to try this when I get home later.. Also, would you happen to know of an easy way to increase the buffer size because I'm getting a message saying the buffer is full before enough had been added for smooth streaming. The message was something like that. I just got my G-Box 2 days ago so this is very new to me. Do you happen to know how to install this skin to G-Box XBMC? Also which of the below addons do you recommend installing? How would I go about installing these once the new skin is installed?

Supported but require manual installation:

Artist Slideshow
Cinema Experience
CU LRC Lyrics
Global Search
Library Editor
Metadata Actors
TV Show Next Aired
TvTunes
VideoExtras
XBMC Subtitles
I've installed Confluence Modified and labeled the movies folder as a favorite How do I do this:Then in Confluence Modified you can change "Movies" to point to the Favorite you just made. Still trying to get the "Movies" listed in the main menu.
XBMC -> Settings -> Appearance -> Skin -> Skin settings -> Main Menu buttons ->

Scroll down to "Custom main menu buttons" and enable "Custom menu 1", which will open up more options.

Set type to "Favorites" and then choose the favorite where it says "item", and change the name on the next line if desired, such as "TV Shows".

Repeat as needed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library not appearing after sharing movies.G-Box0