Texture Extractor for windows
When i written the notepad++ plugin for skinning xbmc. I incorporated a texture extractor in the plugin. Some people requested a standalone version of this extractor and so i did it.
The way it works is kinda simple.
The extractor is using direct3d to save the texture into a file.

Usage:
from a command prompt you only have to give your texture file and the output folder
example: XbmcTextureExtractor2.exe "c:\texturetoextract.xbt" "c:\outputfolder"

http://www.multiupload.nl/IB7D05DJXO new version without dependency bug
It has the same dependency xbmc has. Which mean directx redistribuable and visual studio 2010 redistribuable

This can be easily converted to be able to handle linux or macosx but i wont be the one doing it since im not using ether one of them.
I only tested with aeon and i didn't ran into any bugs, so if someone find a bug just let me know ill fix it
Give a little try on my Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bits but get an error :

"Impossible to start program because mfc100ud.dll is missing on your computer. Try to reinstall the program to fix this issue"
Sorry for my english, but, you know, I'm French so ...

Main HTPC : Odroid-C2 running CoreELEC with Titan Bingie
Secondary HTPC : Freebox Mini 4K running Android TV with Titan Bingie
(2013-12-04, 13:45)mikebzh44 Wrote: Give a little try on my Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bits but get an error :

"Impossible to start program because mfc100ud.dll is missing on your computer. Try to reinstall the program to fix this issue"

added a file with mfc in it.
Now, everything is OK with last release.

Great job, Tiben Wink

Hi do you have a new link to this I don't want Ilivid :-) looks like just what I need as I cant get the Notpad++ one to extract anything in a folder :-(
@mikebzh44 Do you still have a copy of this? Please say you do.
Yes, I have one but it's on my office computer so I can share it only Monday morning.

Oops, sorry for the delay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uexw14wq2ejpfv...2.exe?dl=0

Hi,

I'm trying to make some changes to some images that are in the "media" directory within the textures.xbt file.
I used this tool to extract all the images and replaced in the "media" directory the file textures.xbt by the extracted the content.
But all the names of the extracted images are in lower case and then it does not work in linux.
Is there any chance to keep the files names in the original case ?
Thanks in advance
(2014-10-30, 09:22)mikebzh44 Wrote: Oops, sorry for the delay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uexw14wq2ejpfv...2.exe?dl=0

No worries at least you got it. Thanks.
Hi tiben20 thanks for this great tool, I have this issue with extracting texture.xbt file that comes with the newly released aeon mq7 skin, I was referred here by supp, I unpacked the texture.xbt file without editing or deleting anything, and I noticed that the vollume progress bar doesn't fill all the way in like it was with the original xbt file, I even repeated the process twice, once with the option dupcheck on and once off, Can the decompiler affect the quality of png files,The file that is affected is progress_mid.png
I tried this on the root of my hard disc, just to overcome any problems related to folder names, and there is no any spaces or capital letters in the folder names. Thaks
Hello All , I'm sorry my English is not the best. I'm having the same problem mentioned by DolGuldur earlier. I'm trying to decompile one Texture.xbt file of skin Aeonmq7 and end of the process I get several .png files with corrupted quality. I think perhaps the plugin can not decompile this specific file , for some reason perhaps Mark Qui ( developer Skin) can enlighten us .
Hmm, I unpacked that exact .xbt file from MQ7 with this http://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool running under Wine and I got no corrupted files at all.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-09-06, 16:07)helinhotmartins Wrote: Hello All , I'm sorry my English is not the best. I'm having the same problem mentioned by DolGuldur earlier. I'm trying to decompile one Texture.xbt file of skin Aeonmq7 and end of the process I get several .png files with corrupted quality. I think perhaps the plugin can not decompile this specific file , for some reason perhaps Mark Qui ( developer Skin) can enlighten us .

It definitely leads to quality loss, Actually mq6 also have the same problem, I tested it several times, and the volume bar is just one example
(2016-09-06, 16:16)black_eagle Wrote: Hmm, I unpacked that exact .xbt file from MQ7 with this http://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool running under Wine and I got no corrupted files at all.

Does the volume bar fill all the way in after extraction?
(2016-09-06, 16:16)black_eagle Wrote: Hmm, I unpacked that exact .xbt file from MQ7 with this http://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool running under Wine and I got no corrupted files at all.

Maybe you can help me and can upload the folder with the extracted files on Google Drive or some other server so that I can download ? It can be in a .ZIP file it, so can extract normally. In this way after I make my changes I can compile without the bugs in PNG .

Again , I'm sorry my English , I can read perfectly well, but writing still can not as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Texture Extractor for windows2