Naming Convention
(2013-12-22, 21:57)03397 Wrote: Ok My friend it worked but how do I know that there are two discs for the movie i,e. the movie it self and the bonus disc??
How can start the bonus disc if I don't know that there are two discs?? Isn't there an indication that there are multiple parts?

When you browse your movie library you should see two Xmen: Last Stand listings and one should say bonus disc (or whatever you made the title in the nfo)
(2013-12-23, 13:54)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-22, 21:57)03397 Wrote: Ok My friend it worked but how do I know that there are two discs for the movie i,e. the movie it self and the bonus disc??
How can start the bonus disc if I don't know that there are two discs?? Isn't there an indication that there are multiple parts?

When you browse your movie library you should see two Xmen: Last Stand listings and one should say bonus disc (or whatever you made the title in the nfo)

When I browse my Movies library I can see only one not two. When I click it it asks me to play the movie...
(2013-12-23, 13:58)03397 Wrote: When I browse my Movies library I can see only one not two. When I click it it asks me to play the movie...

What does XBMC show as the movie title? (does the match what you have in the nfo file?)
(2013-12-23, 14:02)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 13:58)03397 Wrote: When I browse my Movies library I can see only one not two. When I click it it asks me to play the movie...

What does XBMC show as the movie title? (does the match what you have in the nfo file?)

XBMC show the correct movie title. It just combines the two rips in one BluRay cover named the movie title. When I click it starts playing the movie...

What I have in mind is that only cover one should appear in the Movies library like it is now but if I click it another windows should be opened with the two rips inside...
The movie itself and the bonus disc.
(2013-12-23, 14:07)03397 Wrote: XBMC show the correct movie title. It just combines the two rips in one BluRay cover named the movie title. When I click it starts playing the movie...

What I have in mind is that only cover one should appear in the Movies library like it is now but if I click it another windows should be opened with the two rips inside...

It sounds like XBMC is only picking up one of the discs.
What do you have in the nfo file on this line -
<title>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</title>
Does the title match that exactly (with bonus disc in the name)?

This is how it should look in XBMC (I have used your exact folder layout) -

You could put them both in a movie set, but be careful as a movie can only belong in one set, for example you could not put them in an X-Men Trilogy set if they already have a set.
(2013-12-23, 14:19)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 14:07)03397 Wrote: XBMC show the correct movie title. It just combines the two rips in one BluRay cover named the movie title. When I click it starts playing the movie...

It sounds like XBMC is only picking up one of the discs.
What do you have in the nfo file on this line -
Does the title match that exactly (with bonus disc in the name)?

This is how it should look in XBMC (I have used your exact folder layout) -

You could put them both in a movie set, but be careful as a movie can only belong in one set, for example you could not put them in an X-Men Trilogy set if they already have a set.

acejh1987, i will test it as soon as I go home again. I will let you know.
Thanks again for your help.
(2013-12-23, 14:22)03397 Wrote: acejh1987, i will test it as soon as I go home again. I will let you know.

No problem Smile
If you did want to add them to a set then you would just add a set tag in to the nfo files -
<set>set name here</set> and also make sure the 'group movies in sets' option is turned on (system>settings>video>library)
(2013-12-23, 14:31)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 14:22)03397 Wrote: acejh1987, i will test it as soon as I go home again. I will let you know.

No problem Smile
If you did want to add them to a set then you would just add a set tag in to the nfo files -
<set>set name here</set> and also make sure the 'group movies in sets' option is turned on (system>settings>video>library)

acejh1987, I have only one nfo file which is for the bonus disc and it was added under the folder like you told me. The filename is movie.nfo and it has only one entry inside which is http:///url where url is the url from imdb pointing to the movie.
(2013-12-23, 14:22)03397 Wrote: acejh1987, I have only one nfo file which is for the bonus disc and it was added under the folder like you told me. The filename is movie.nfo and it has only one entry inside which is http:///url where url is the url from imdb pointing to the movie.

In that case open up the nfo file in notepad and add the following above the url, (leave the url intact ) -
Code:
<movie>
<sorttitle>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</sorttitle>
<set>X-Men: The Last Stand</set>
<outline>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</outline>
<plot>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</plot>
</movie>
http:///url

Then refresh the bonus disc folder in XBMC and choose no if it asks you to ignore local data and refresh from the internet.
(2013-12-23, 14:37)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 14:22)03397 Wrote: acejh1987, I have only one nfo file which is for the bonus disc and it was added under the folder like you told me. The filename is movie.nfo and it has only one entry inside which is http:///url where url is the url from imdb pointing to the movie.

In that case open up the nfo file in notepad and add the following above the url, (leave the url intact ) -
Code:
<movie>
<sorttitle>X-Men: The Last Stand Bonus Disc</sorttitle>
<set>X-Men: The Last Stand</set>
<outline>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</outline>
<plot>A look at the making of X-Men: The Last Stand</plot>
</movie>

Then refresh the bonus disc folder in XBMC and choose no if it asks you to ignore local data and refresh from the internet.

Ok I did that. In order for the box set to be created you need to add an nfo file in the movie folder too. The think is that by enabling the option in the system/settings/video to create movie sets it creates and sets for other movies like X-Men that I do not want it to...

Is there a way to avoid that and to create box sets only for the movie I tell him...I want box sets only for the movies that have a bonus discs.
(2013-12-23, 19:20)03397 Wrote: Is there a way to avoid that and to create box sets only for the movie I tell him...I want box sets only for the movies that have a bonus discs.

No easy way avoid it that I know of (perhaps someone else might) once enabled it will automatically put all movies that the scraper thinks belong together in a set.
You would have to create an nfo for any movies it puts in a set that you do not want to be in one.
The nfo for those would look like this -
Code:
<movie>
<set></set>
</movie>

You might also be able to use some sort of library manager add on to manage the sets and there could even be a setting in the movie scraper, not 100% sure though.
(2013-12-23, 21:57)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-12-23, 19:20)03397 Wrote: Is there a way to avoid that and to create box sets only for the movie I tell him...I want box sets only for the movies that have a bonus discs.

No easy way avoid it that I know of (perhaps someone else might) once enabled it will automatically put all movies that the scraper thinks belong together in a set.
You would have to create an nfo for any movies it puts in a set that you do not want to be in one.
The nfo for those would look like this -
Code:
<movie>
<set></set>
</movie>

You might also be able to use some sort of library manager add on to manage the sets and there could even be a setting in the movie scraper, not 100% sure though.

If someone else can add to your thought it would be nice.
Do you know how often the data of the library is updated and when I say updated I do not mean adding new movies I mean update the data of the l already added like imdb rating and so on...
(2013-12-23, 22:07)03397 Wrote: Do you know how often the data of the library is updated and when I say updated I do not mean adding new movies I mean update the data of the l already added like imdb rating and so on...

I believe you would need to manually update existing data, you can refresh a single title by highlighting it, then bringing up the information (i) then choosing the refresh option.
I have upgraded to XBMC 13.0 beta 3 and I am using AEON MQ5 2.0.2 gotham version and in my movies I have the showcase view.
I have a movie called The Amazing Spiderman with its bonus disc in the same folder namely

Video\Movies\The Amazing Spider-Man\The Amazing Spider-Man and for the bonus disc as Video\Movies\The Amazing Spider-Man\The Amazing Spider-Man[Bonus]
In both folders I have a folder called BDMV and a CERTIFICATE since this is a blue ray movie.
In both folders I have a nfo file called movie.nfo with the main movie
<movie>
<title>The Amazing Spider-Man</title>
<sorttitle>The Amazing Spider-Man</sorttitle>
<set>The Amazing Spider-Man</set>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/

and for bonus disc nfo
<movie>
<title>The Amazing Spider-Man Bonus Disc</title>
<sorttitle>The Amazing Spider-Man Bonus Disc</sorttitle>
<set>The Amazing Spider-Man</set>
</movie>
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0948470/

This setup was working just perfect with 12.3 and AEON Nox Skin. Since the upgrade this is display as movie set named The Amazing SpiderMan and under that I have two movies named the same and i do not know which is the movie and which is the bonus disc. This setup was supposed to display the one as The Amazing Spiderman and the other one as The Amazing Spiderman Bonus Disc.

Can someone help? Is this a skin issue or this a XBMC issue since like I said this working in Frodo...

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming Convention0