Win Channel change reverts to current channel at previous point in current channel
Hi all

I'm using media portal as a backend with a DVBSky s952 DVB-S2 card on the same PC (Windows 7) and using XBMC Frodo as the front end Xperience 1080 skin.

This is my first post on the forum so hello Smile I've managed to get this far searching the forums and figuring stuff out as best as I can but I'm stuck at the moment so am after some help please.

I can live with the 5sec channels changes which are fairly consistent, am not too interested in recording, but I've found that when I've been watching a particular channel for an amount of time and then try to switch to another channel, rather than changing channel it seems to jump back in time to some point in the current channel. it seems to be if that channels been on for about 10mins but I've not quite narrowed it down as yet unfortunately (hope this makes sense).

Once I stop the stream and then go back into the guide and select another channel it's changes fine.

On that basis I'm thinking it must be something to do with the time shift file that I believe is created for the current channel and maybe the card going to sleep or something. I've done some tinkering but can't find a way to switch off time shifting in mediaportal tv server backend to test the theory.

Any suggestions or help will be greatfully received and if you need any more info let me know. Aside from this issue (and XBMC not picking up the ordering in all channels - but I'll post another thread for that as I don't think the things are linked) I've got everything working just about exactly how I want it. If we can get this sorted I'll likely cancel the cable which is something i've been wanting to be able to do for a while now Smile

Thanks again guys Smile

Lee
Welcome on the forum.

Your problem is a known bug and should be fixed already in the Gotham alpha's since alpha 9.
Had no time yet to backport it to Frodo for inclusion in the upcoming 12.3 release.

It goes wrong when you watch longer than the time that fits into a single timeshift buffer file.

Ordering of the channels is only supported for the all channels group and not for other groups due to limitations at the XBMC side.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc
Hi Margro, thanks very much for taking the time to respond, much appreciated. The fact that it's a known bug is a relief in that it's good it's not anything to do with my setting's or hardware limitations. As I say I can live with it for now. The main system drive is an SSD and I've got a 1TB drive for storage etc that I've put the timeshift folder on so i'll experiment with the file sizes and see what that does. I've got a pretty short attention span so I suppose it shouldn't be a major issue at least until I switch to Gotham (although I'll hang on until it's stable I think), or you get chance to port it.

Re: the channel ordering it seems to be the all channels that can't be ordered so I've just created my own "All" channels group (effectively duplicating the "All Channels" channel group from MP) and a number of others which do seem to keep the ordering. Weird.. it seems to work though so I'm not going to question it too much! Is there a way to hide the default "all channels" group from MP in XBMC by any chance? That'd really do the trick I think.

Thanks again for the help and the welcome to the forum Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel change reverts to current channel at previous point in current channel0